Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Orphan Black (BBC America) -- The Fifth and Final Season Thread -- premieres 6/10/17

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Orphan Black (BBC America) -- The Fifth and Final Season Thread -- premieres 6/10/17

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-18, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts
Re: Orphan Black (BBC America) -- The Fifth and Final Season Thread -- premieres 6/10

the show lost me as a viewer when they had some weird alien worm appear at the end of a season. I think that may have been the end of season 3 but I'm not sure. Felt really silly to watch with that development. Maslany was simply amazing in her ability to get into each of the clone roles though...
Old 04-09-18, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 281 Likes on 233 Posts
Re: Orphan Black (BBC America) -- The Fifth and Final Season Thread -- premieres 6/10

Originally Posted by jpcamb
the show lost me as a viewer when they had some weird alien worm appear at the end of a season. I think that may have been the end of season 3 but I'm not sure. Felt really silly to watch with that development. Maslany was simply amazing in her ability to get into each of the clone roles though...
I remember that...and I am probably wrong but I think it was something like a living id/tracking chip and killed the host if they tried to remove it. Yeah...some weird ass stuff went down on this show.

Also, I really wanted to bump this thread again because I forgot to mention that my tivo picked up a 90 minute 5 years later type special on Orphan Black so folks may want to check out if it is on-demand somewhere on-line.

I had deleted the Season Pass of Orphan black several months back but I am glad one of my tivo suggestions picked this up. I plan to watch it this weekend.

This does feel like a show that was quite unique as we will probably not see another one like it anytime soon (soon meaning in less than 5 years time).

Okay, I cannot find any mention of this special episode on-line but maybe I am just not plugging the correct key words into Google (I could not even find a mention of this post Season 5 special on the shows' Wiki page). I wonder if my tivo picked up one of those comic con type panels that sometimes get aired in there entirety on channels like Syfy.
Old 04-09-18, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,890 Posts

Originally Posted by Inhumans99

Also, I really wanted to bump this thread again because I forgot to mention that my tivo picked up a 90 minute 5 years later type special on Orphan Black so folks may want to check out if it is on-demand somewhere on-line.
Don't get excited.

It wasn't really a special, just Tatiana Maslany doing brief EPK style interview pieces, and the "best" scene for each clone. About thirty minutes of Orphan Black content, and then the first episode of Kiling Eve.

So they basically ran a preview for a new series under Orphan Black's title so DVRs would record it.
Old 04-09-18, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 281 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Don't get excited.

It wasn't really a special, just Tatiana Maslany doing brief EPK style interview pieces, and the "best" scene for each clone. About thirty minutes of Orphan Black content, and then the first episode of Kiling Eve.

So they basically ran a preview for a new series under Orphan Black's title so DVRs would record it.
Doh! Good to know and I might still watch the 30 minutes and can then delete because I already watched the incredible Killing Eve in near real time last night.