TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead (S7E14) -- "The Other Side" -- 3/19/17

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-17, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead (S7E14) -- "The Other Side" -- 3/19/17

Originally Posted by Coral
bicycles are ignored as if they no longer exist or are unrealistically rare.
To be fair, where I live at least, it is pretty rare to see anyone with a bicycle besides kids under the age of 5. I actually don't have any friends or family with bicycles anymore. The last bicycle I owned myself was back nearly 15 years ago when I was in middle school. Though, they are at stores, so it's not like they're not being made or something and if an apocalypse happened, a bicycle would be one of the higher items on my list of things I'd want to have.

As for the battery issue. Hell my truck has to be jumped off every time I try to start it after sitting more than two weeks. I don't normally drive it as I usually drive my car. But yeah, for some reason my trucks battery only last around 10 days without being started before it's too dead to start my truck. Though when I did park my car for a month, my car was able to be started without a jump but you could tell the battery was weak. So idk if it's just a problem with the truck, lol, but yeah no way would I believe these vehicles would just start right up after sitting a half a year much less a few years.
Old 03-21-17, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

I don't know. I finally watched this tonight and I didn't really care for this episode.

This show used to be compelling, must see TV every Sunday night, now I never really look forward to it anymore. I feel like they blew their load in the season premiere with Negan killing Glenn and Abraham and causing massive outrage. It's all gone downhill ever since. It feels like there is no direction in the writing and they are spinning their wheels because they have 16 episodes to fill every season.

Scott Gimple IMO is a shitty head writer and showrunner. I feel like the show was much better when Glen Mazzara was running it.

I'm not going to remember anything that happened in this episode with Sasha, Rosita, Maggie and Daryl next week. Okay, so Jesus had boyfriends in the past. Great reveal.

BTW, Christian Serratos (Rosita) is very pregnant right now:

The season wrapped filming in December, so she wouldn't have been showing yet.
Old 03-21-17, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by windom
So Maggie isn't even showing yet? How many months is she supposed to be? It's been at least over a year of our time since she got pregnant, right?
I kept thinking this for the entire episode... when I wasn't dozing off. And the baby looked so big on the ultrasound
Old 03-22-17, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

By far the worst season of the series. I have absolutely no interest in re-watching this season when it's over
Agree
Seems like most of the season is about getting ready to fight the Saviors
next season.

Who did Rosita see at the end of the episode?
At first I thought it was Daryl.But now I think it was Dwight,as he has Daryl crossbow and longer hair.But I really don't care much anymore .

Okay, so Jesus had boyfriends in the past. Great reveal.
I found out last week Jesus is gay when reading about the comic book version of TWD.So no big surprise for me.

What was in the box/crate?
I read on another forum Hundreds of bottles of aspirin for doctor I guess.lol

The 10 Biggest Problems With Season 7 Of 'The Walking Dead
Still reading this article.So far I agree with all of it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai.../#159b41291477

Last edited by JoeySeven; 03-22-17 at 01:35 AM.
Old 03-22-17, 05:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Who did Rosita see at the end of the episode?

Paolo.

The scene plays out like this:

ROSITA: Paolo? Is that you?

PAOLO: I couldn't let you two do this alone.

ROSITA: Where's Nikki?

PAOLO: She's right behind me.

Last edited by Josh-da-man; 03-22-17 at 05:32 AM.
Old 03-22-17, 06:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts

I swear you pretty much post the same thing in every TWD thread.
It equates to a "Why are you watching it if you don't like it?" or "This thread makes me laugh" kind of posts.

People have given their reasons for watching it while having issues with the show. If you can't deal with it, maybe you should just ignore the thread. At least people are talking about the episode even if they didn't like it - which is contributing to the discussion a lot more than you are.
As long as people bitch about the same insignificant things and nitpick the fuck out of everything I will continue to post my posts. Don't read them...your contributions are hardly discussion points.
Old 03-22-17, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts

You kinda gotta let the gas/car battery thing slide though. If no cars were in use it would severely restrict the story lines since it requires people getting around from place to place in a relatively short amount of time. Otherwise we'd have to constantly endure walking scenes, get a lot of time-jumps of days/weeks or be subjected to many unrealistic scenes of walking long distances in a very short amount of time.

However, it still annoys me that bicycles aren't a sought after thing in this universe. They've been used only 2 or 3 times in this series and would be extremely useful (ie. faster than walking, uses a lot less energy and very quiet), yet bicycles are ignored as if they no longer exist or are unrealistically rare.
The gas, I would agree. Unless everyone routinely used Stabil, there's just no way around it. The batteries, however, are an issue because they've made them a point on the show, a number of times, including this episode. I'm sure even the least mechanically knowledgeable person had to have been wondering how it was still good, fanboys excepted.

Then again, it's not like TWD is a consistent show.
Old 03-22-17, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

Aside from the season premiere and mid-season finale, this show has been just treading water all season with a lot of "not much" going on.

But there was one highlight in this episode: Eugene's walkie-talkie message was hilarious! I plan to replay just that bit of the episode and listen again to that purified bit of "Eugene-ese".
Old 03-22-17, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Scott Gimple IMO is a shitty head writer and showrunner. I feel like the show was much better when Glen Mazzara was running it.
AMC is running The Walking Dead. That was the point of forcing out Glen Mazzara and Frank Darabont. Gimple is little more than AMC's stooge and a buffer for Kirkman.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...mazzara-410017

AMC treats showrunners like dirt, many producers for their shows have publicly complained in the past.
Old 03-24-17, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go ahead and picture Andrew Lincoln doing a jig. Because that’s what The Walking Dead star says he did upon reading the script for the season 7 finale that will air on April 2. It turns out he wasn’t the only one.

We asked Norman Reedus what he made of his costar’s dance moves and it appears the man who plays Daryl Dixon may have joined in himself. “I think he likes to do little jigs here and there,” says Reedus of Lincoln. “But I get it. I did the same thing when I read that one.”

Okay, we’re going to pause for the cause to allow you to now picture Norman Reedus and Andrew Lincoln “jigging” together. Take your time.… (First the bromance hug and now this? Amazing.)

But Reedus has good reason for slipping on his dancing shoes as he was happy to see the Alexandrians (and others) finally get up the gumption to take on Negan, something that has been building and will keep building until the finale. “I was like, yes, let’s get back to it!” Reedus says about reading the finale script. “It’s nice to finally let a window open up in this room and let some of this air out of here, and it’s nice to get some freedom and some dirt underneath your feet and start running towards killing this guy.”

So how does this year’s finale compare to ones from years past? Showrunner Scott M. Gimple has already promised that unlike last year’s cliffhanger, this one will have an “ending” of sorts. But Reedus says the season 7 ender is unique in other ways as well. “It’s completely different than all the other ones,” says Reedus. “It has similar elements, but it’s completely different, and, you know, there might be a little William Wallace in it.”

William Wallace?!? As in the knight and Guardian of Scotland who fought in the Wars of Scottish Independence and was played by Mel Gibson in the Oscar winning Best Picture Braveheart? Yep, that would be the one. It certainly makes sense if you look at Eugene’s hair, since Dr. Porter is probably the only individual in the zombie apocalypse who could competently challenge Gibson’s Wallace in a “mullet-off.”
Old 03-24-17, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
For some reason they've decided that EVERYBODY is a main character and the show is weaker for it.
It just hit me that the problem with TWD is that they're taking what should be B stories and making them into full episodes. Things like Eugene at the Sanctuary, Tara at Oceanside, Rick & Michonne at the carnival, and Sasha & Rosita's Amazing Adventure should be fifteen minute B stories to thirty minute A stories that provide forward momentum to the greater arc.
Old 03-24-17, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 381 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
It just hit me that the problem with TWD is that they're taking what should be B stories and making them into full episodes. Things like Eugene at the Sanctuary, Tara at Oceanside, Rick & Michonne at the carnival, and Sasha & Rosita's Amazing Adventure should be fifteen minute B stories to thirty minute A stories that provide forward momentum to the greater arc.
Also, nobody in their right mind would stay at Alexandria and put up with Negan's shit. Sure, it'd be tough to relocate, but you would... because if there are 3-4 sanctuaries withing 20 miles of each other in Virginia, then there are thousands more all across the US. Stupid.
Old 03-24-17, 02:23 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,181 Likes on 834 Posts

It would be nice if they just aired the final two episodes back-to-back on Sunday, so we can get this over with.
Old 03-24-17, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 843 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
That's what happens when the writers have run out of ideas - you drag out the smallest most mundane plots to fill the time... like the constant airing of the internal struggles the people have. It's very repetitive and boring.

Originally Posted by Rob V
Also, nobody in their right mind would stay at Alexandria and put up with Negan's shit. Sure, it'd be tough to relocate, but you would... because if there are 3-4 sanctuaries withing 20 miles of each other in Virginia, then there are thousands more all across the US. Stupid.
Yea, I've been questioning this ever since Negan appeared. There really has been no explanation to why they don't just take off. The writers gave the characters only two options - put up with Negan or fight back, without explaining why the 3rd option of taking off isn't available to them.
Old 03-24-17, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

That's what happens when the writers have run out of ideas - you drag out the smallest most mundane plots to fill the time... like the constant airing of the internal struggles the people have. It's very repetitive and boring.

Yea, I've been questioning this ever since Negan appeared. There really has been no explanation to why they don't just take off. The writers gave the characters only two options - put up with Negan or fight back, without explaining why the 3rd option of taking off isn't available to them.
The third option: Moving about 20 miles in almost any direction.
Old 03-24-17, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never understood why the writers don't send them over to check out the Pentagon which is right around the corner.

Last edited by TerryW; 03-25-17 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-25-17, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

Regarding the article Raven posted ... Yeah, and I have some oceanfront property in Illinois to sell you. We heard that shit last year -- how everybody was so broken up, too sick to their stomachs to come to work, yadda yadda yadda.

My prediction, once again, NOTHING happens.