Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E09) -- "Still Throwin' Punches" -- 11/16/16

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-16, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E09) -- "Still Throwin' Punches" -- 11/16/16

TWO CASTAWAYS WITH SECRETS ABOUT EACH OTHER USE THEM AS LEVERAGE IN THE GAME, ON "SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, NOV. 16

"Still Throwin' Punches"- Two castaways with secrets about each other use them as leverage in the game, while another refuses to "drop the ball" when individual immunity is on the line, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Nov. 16 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

MERGED "Vinaka" Tribe

Sunday Burquest

Chris Hammons

Adam Klein

Bret LaBelle

Jessica Lewis

Ken McNickle

Hannah Shapiro

Zeke Smith

Justin "Jay" Starrett

Taylor Stocker

Will Wahl

David Wright

MILLENNIALS "Vanua" Tribe GEN X "Takali" Tribe

Michaela Bradshaw (Seventh Eliminated)
Rachel Ako (First Eliminated)
Jessica "Figgy" Figueroa (Sixth Eliminated)
Sunday Burquest

Adam Klein Chris Hammons

Michelle Schubert (Eighth Eliminated)
Lucy Huang (Fourth Eliminated)
Hannah Shapiro Bret LaBelle

Zeke Smith Jessica Lewis

Justin "Jay" Starrett Ken McNickle

Taylor Stocker Ciandre "CeCe" Taylor (Fifth Eliminated)
Mari Takahashi (Second Eliminated)
Paul Wachter (Third Eliminated)
Will Wahl David Wright

Just realized almost 24 hours later that a Survivor thread wasn't made.

You know this TV forum is really fucking dead with crickets chirping or no one here gives a crap about this season when the thread goes unmade and unnoticed for almost 24 hours.
Old 11-17-16, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E09) -- "Still Throwin' Punches" -- 11/16/16

The whole concept of this season was just poor and come on, the dude flat out was acting like he deserved a reward for coming clean about hiding food and eating it. Well deserved vote off. fuck that guy.
Old 11-17-16, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts
Re: Survivor: Millennials vs Gen-X (S33E09) -- "Still Throwin' Punches" -- 11/16/16

I noticed. I just didn't feel like making a thread. While the forced Gen X/Millennial differences are still tiresome, I think this season has very much improved as it has gone along.

While it was truly a can't lose scenario, I would have preferred Jay to go home. It certainly seemed like Hanna got a "I'm going to the finals" edit last night.
Old 11-17-16, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
The whole concept of this season was just poor and come on, the dude flat out was acting like he deserved a reward for coming clean about hiding food and eating it. Well deserved vote off. fuck that guy.
Considering how well-fed and well-paid people will nearly come to blows over a box of donuts someone brings into their office/workplace, you do not want to be stealing and hiding food when you're starving on an island playing Survivor.
Old 11-17-16, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too noticed the lack of thread... figured people were done with this season. I know I should be, but the completest in me is coming out again. Just have to see it through now.

I really still like Ken's chances in winning this thing. Only difference is early on I thought he might be the only older person left, but it turns out the younger people are as dumb as their stereotype. Now they would be lucky to get one younger member to the finals.
Old 11-18-16, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm quite happy to see Taylor gone. There are several other people I'd love to see gone soon as well (personality-wise), such as Jay and Adam and probably Sunday, but I hope that as the tribe dwindles then it'll make for some very interesting and explosive dynamics.

I do have to give credit to both Jay and Adam for not using their HII in two successive councils, and surviving. Risky move, but there's no denying it'll be a blindside if/when they play them. And assuming that neither of them, or David, wins individual immunity next episode then that would be four people going to tribal with immunity, which adds a lot more unpredictability to the ceremony.

I am sorry that we're not getting more insight into how some of the players are thinking. The Gen-X'ers are all voting together, wisely, but other than Sunday we haven't yet gotten many interviews into how they feel about that, and their strategy, which I'm eager to see.

Originally Posted by DJariya
Just realized almost 24 hours later that a Survivor thread wasn't made.

You know this TV forum is really fucking dead with crickets chirping or no one here gives a crap about this season when the thread goes unmade and unnoticed for almost 24 hours.
I definitely noticed, but there were 3 different options each with their own advantages and disadvantages. I could have posted in the previous week's thread, which no one might have responded to due to it being from the previous week. I could have tried starting a thread myself, which would have been vastly inferior looking to the official one, and with my luck you would have posted this one seconds later. Or I could have held off for a time, but not indefinitely, and seen what happened. And here we are.
Old 11-24-16, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

I'm just now catching up with this thread and last week's episode because I was out of town.

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I've enjoyed this season. I am glad Taylor is gone. He was a knucklehead who had no chance to win with his approach to the game.