TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Flash (S3E04) -- "The New Rogues" -- 10/25/16

Old 10-25-16, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
The Flash (S3E04) -- "The New Rogues" -- 10/25/16

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 25

THE FLASH

"The New Rogues" - (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

WENTWORTH MILLER RETURNS AS CAPTAIN COLD; MIRROR MASTER AND THE TOP BATTLE WITH THE FLASH - Barry (Grant Gustin) continues to train Jesse (guest star Violett Beane) and when a new meta human, Mirror Master (guest star Grey Damon), appears on the scene he lets her tag along. Mirror Master has teamed up with his old partner, Top (guest star Ashley Rickards), and is looking for Snart (Wentworth Miller) to even a score. Jesse is quick to join the chase but defies one of Barry's orders which results in disastrous consequences. Stefan Pleszczynski directed the episode written by Benjamin Raab & Deric A. Hughes (#304). Original airdate 10/25/2016.
Episode 4 of 23
Old 10-26-16, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: The Flash (S3E04) -- "The New Rogues" -- 10/25/16

Haha Barry with the pillow in his lap...
Old 10-26-16, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

WTF with them bringing this Earth-19 Wells? Now that's getting ridiculous.

I'm confused how this new Flashpoint timeline would have resurrected Snart from the dead even though he technically left this timeline a year ago with the Legends. So does this version of Snart know anything about Rory or his whereabouts. Getting kind of convoluted.

I did like seeing Jesse in costume as Jesse Quick.
Old 10-26-16, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

They kind of ducked the issues regarding Snart's return from Legends.

I didn't realize we'd get the Top as well as Mirror Master. There was some disappointment we didn't see him in costume. They took Flash's classic solution from the comics in stopping Mirror Master.

The new Harrison Wells could be fun. I still probably like Reverse Flash's Harrison Wells persona best from the first season.

So I guess Killer Frost is happening sooner or later on our Earth.
Old 10-26-16, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
I'm confused how this new Flashpoint timeline would have resurrected Snart from the dead even though he technically left this timeline a year ago with the Legends.
It didn't. The first scene with Snart happened before the dark matter explosion, and all the other scenes with Snart were holograms.
Old 10-26-16, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
No obvious reason why Caitlin is afraid to show everybody her powers. This would be the last group to reject somebody for having them. I hope the reason she goes evil isn't a stupid one.
Old 10-26-16, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

She's probably worried that they'll think she'll go evil like her Earth-2 counterpart.
Old 10-26-16, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait for yet ANOTHER story arc where we question this Harrison Wells' intentions and it's dragged out. I mean, we get tired of Speedster villains, but can we knock it off with this fucking Wells nonsense already.

Though it has given Tom Cavanagh a variety of range to play in one role.
Old 10-26-16, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton View Post
Though it has given Tom Cavanagh a variety of range to play in one role.
Between him and John Wesley Shipp they could populate their own show.

Cavenagh has played fake Wells, then as Eobard Thawn in Wells' body, Earth 2 Harry, and now Harry from Planet Goofball. Plus a few brief scenes as the "real" Earth Prime Harrison Wells. and I'm not even counting the other Harry's who probably won't be seen again. This has to be some sort of record.
Old 10-26-16, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by randian View Post
It didn't. The first scene with Snart happened before the dark matter explosion, and all the other scenes with Snart were holograms.
Okay thanks. Didn't realize that 1st part was a flashback. It wouldn't have made any sense for him to magically re-appear.

Wentworth Miller is supposedly contracted to do crossovers on all of Berlanti's shows this season, but not sure how they're going to execute that unless it's flashbacks or bringing in another version of him from the past or a different earth.
Old 10-26-16, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Okay thanks. Didn't realize that 1st part was a flashback. It wouldn't have made any sense for him to magically re-appear.

Wentworth Miller is supposedly contracted to do crossovers on all of Berlanti's shows this season, but not sure how they're going to execute that unless it's flashbacks or bringing in another version of him from the past or a different earth.
It said 3 years ago... and so it was before Barry became The Flash which explains why Mirror Master didn't know about him until Top told him after he broke her out of prison.
Old 10-26-16, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
They kind of ducked the issues regarding Snart's return from Legends.

I didn't realize we'd get the Top as well as Mirror Master. There was some disappointment we didn't see him in costume. They took Flash's classic solution from the comics in stopping Mirror Master.

The new Harrison Wells could be fun. I still probably like Reverse Flash's Harrison Wells persona best from the first season.

He didn't return.
Old 10-26-16, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Good episode I think this one felt more like a traditional Flash episode than any other one this season. I think everyone was on point. Flash trapped in the mirror was amazing. Iris is absolutely adorable. And Cisco got his groove back.

The multiple Earth Harrison Wellses were hilarious
Old 10-27-16, 02:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I will assume the rating took another dive to all-time series low.
Game 1 of the World Series with America's sweethearts the Cubs playing.

As for the episode, I enjoyed it quite a bit.
Mirror Master(I was hoping he put on a mustard color business suit) and the Top were fun additions to the Rogue's Gallery.
Always a joy to see Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold.

Violet Beane look cute in her Jesse Quick custom.

I was thinking Scuddar would pull a Captain Cold from one his mirrors or maybe Vibe would accidently bring a Captain Cold from another Earth but neither event happen.
Old 10-27-16, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Don't need a reason for anything apart from Flashpoint/SpeedForce.

I liked the various Harrisons Wells and thought the doppelganger audition scene was fun. Other shows in the Arrowverse (especially Arrow) could use such scenes. (Though Supergirl this season seems to have that sense of fun in spades, as well as the season premiere of Legends of Tomorrow.)

I also loved the Barry's reference to Oliver when he was telling Jesse about how and why of training.

Does it seem that this season seems to be about hooking up in The Flash and the Arrowverse in general?

Edited to Add:

Since The CW has its own (Ad Supported) Roku channel, I saw the trailers for this episode which spoiled a couple of funny moments.but the channel is free so...

Last edited by stingo; 10-27-16 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-27-16, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This version of the Top is lame. Besides the vertigo power the original Top spun around. Why even bother naming her The Top if she couldn't do that.
Old 10-27-16, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Fearful that this season will become meaningless if they hit a reset button on the finale.
Old 10-27-16, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stingo View Post
Don't need a reason for anything apart from Flashpoint/SpeedForce.

Since The CW has its own (Ad Supported) Roku channel, I saw the trailers for this episode which spoiled a couple of funny moments.but the channel is free so...
That Roku channel has saved me twice now. I lost power Tuesday night and I was able to catch the show the next day (which used to be difficult with CW shows). I've seen some people complain but it looked as good as my usual DVR recordings of the show. I was also able to catch "Shield" with the ABC channel, and I thought the ads on The CW were fewer and less aggressive.
Old 10-27-16, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DWilson View Post
That Roku channel has saved me twice now. I lost power Tuesday night and I was able to catch the show the next day (which used to be difficult with CW shows). I've seen some people complain but it looked as good as my usual DVR recordings of the show. I was also able to catch "Shield" with the ABC channel, and I thought the ads on The CW were fewer and less aggressive.
I am just spoiled for having them all (except Supergirl) on ad free Hulu last year.
Old 10-28-16, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wish Violett Beane was sticking around full time. There are a few cast members I'd be willing to trade for her.
Old 10-28-16, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Fearful that this season will become meaningless if they hit a reset button on the finale.
Well, you know: Time Travel.
Old 10-29-16, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The multiple Wells thing was fun. But not sure I am going to like this new one as much as the Earth 2 version we have had. Already a little too campy.

Mirror Master was fun for a one-off. Probably had a lot to do with the actor. But the Top was ridiculous.