Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S4E04) - "Let Me Stand Next to Your Fire" - 10/18/16

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S4E04) - "Let Me Stand Next to Your Fire" - 10/18/16

Old 10-18-16, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

GHOST RIDER AND S.H.I.E.L.D. GO HEAD-TO-HEAD, ON 'MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.,' ON ABC

"Let Me Stand Next to Your Fire" - As Ghost Rider's quest for vengeance brings him into an explosive confrontation with S.H.I.E.L.D., Coulson and Mack must rely on an unlikely ally in their time of desperate need; and Daisy reunites with a familiar face to stop the Watchdogs, on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," TUESDAY, OCTOBER 18 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Chloe Bennet as Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons and Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso "Mack" MacKenzie.

Guest starring are John Hannah as Holden Radcliffe, Gabriel Luna as Robbie Reyes, Mallory Jansen as Aida, Axle Whitehead as James, Jose Zuniga as Eli Morrow, Kerr Smith as Joseph, Phil Tyler as watchdog #1, Sergio Enrique as guard, Tanner Fontana as Elliot and Lilli Birdsell as Lucy.

"Let Me Stand Next to Your Fire" was written by Matt Owens and directed by Brad Turner.
Old 10-19-16, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S4E04) - "Let Me Stand Next to Your Fire" - 10/1

The Darkhold sounds familiar. Doesn't Dr. Strange possess some book of spells? Been a long time but seem to remember a huge book on a pedestal in his sanctum.

I'm thinking of Book of Vishanti.

Last edited by rw2516; 10-19-16 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10-19-16, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (S4E04) - "Let Me Stand Next to Your Fire" - 10/1

Yeah, I think the Darkhold book made its first appearance in a Dr. Strange story in the 1970s and then popped up from time to time in other Marvel horror books like Werewolf by Night. If I recall correctly, it also showed up in some Conan and Red Sonja stories, too. It'/ sort of a Marvel Universe Necronomicon.

Darkhold was a Marvel Comics series from the early 90s, a part of their "Midnight Sons" line of supernatural comics that featured a book of sins called The Darkhold, a sinister smiling little person, and a woman who holds her head and screams.

Last edited by Josh-da-man; 10-19-16 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-19-16, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Melinda was her typical grouchy self even after she was brought back from the dead. Bitch. Daisy has been a downer for a long time now. I don't like her going rogue or her sourpuss attitude. I wish she'd embrace her powers and return to SHIELD.