Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Frequency (S1E02) -- "Signal and Noise" -- 10/12/16

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Frequency (S1E02) -- "Signal and Noise" -- 10/12/16

Old 10-12-16, 03:38 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 57,073
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Frequency (S1E02) -- "Signal and Noise" -- 10/12/16

Frequency 2
image hosting no registration





WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 12

FREQUENCY

"Signal and Noise" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT - When Raimy (Peyton List) and Frank (Riley Smith) speak over the ham-radio and she lets him know that her mom will be murdered unless Frank can figure out a way to warn her, she also delivers devastating news regarding Stan Moreno (Anthony Ruivivar). Meanwhile, in 2016, Raimy follows a lead in the Nightingale case, and in 1996, Frank and Satch (Mekhi Phifer) work together to follow the same lead. Devin Kelley, Daniel Bonjour and Lenny Jacobson also star. John Kretchmer directed the episode written by Jeremy Carver (#102). Original airdate 10/12/2016.
Old 10-13-16, 05:03 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 57,073
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: Frequency (S1E02) -- "Signal and Noise" -- 10/12/16

Last nights episode was a good follow up to the Pilot.

It was more mystery/detective thriller than actual science fiction, but I was totally good with that.

It was interesting seeing how Frank's concurrent investigation with Satch was simultaneously changing how things played out in the future. The Nightingale killer suspect all of the sudden disappeared in present time after Raimy interviewed him. Although it looks like his Mom is hiding him after seeing his secret. Wonder what happened to the hostage who escaped? Or did she manage to escape?

Really liking Peyton List as the lead. She's finally getting a chance to shine with some good material.

Last edited by DJariya; 10-13-16 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-13-16, 05:35 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,250
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Frequency (S1E02) -- "Signal and Noise" -- 10/12/16

I was rather annoyed at Raimy screwing over her dad by not responding to her mom.
Old 10-13-16, 05:40 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 57,073
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Re: Frequency (S1E02) -- "Signal and Noise" -- 10/12/16

Originally Posted by randian View Post
I was rather annoyed at Raimy screwing over her dad by not responding to her mom.
She was afraid that getting her involved in the past would screw up the current timeline even more. But yeah she made Frank look like an idiot.
Old 10-13-16, 09:27 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,597
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Frequency (S1E02) -- "Signal and Noise" -- 10/12/16

Originally Posted by randian View Post
I was rather annoyed at Raimy screwing over her dad by not responding to her mom.
My only real issue with it.

It's a very TV thing to do.
Old 10-13-16, 10:37 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Brooklyn, NY.. Got a problem with that?
Posts: 1,032
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Frequency (S1E02) -- "Signal and Noise" -- 10/12/16

I did not get how she wound up at the cellar under the shack at the end.
Old 10-14-16, 09:49 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
mrhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 6,163
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Frequency (S1E02) -- "Signal and Noise" -- 10/12/16

Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
I did not get how she wound up at the cellar under the shack at the end.
I think she just sort of had a hunch after the timeline was altered and the shack wasn't there anymore. I could be wrong, though.
Old 10-14-16, 09:52 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
mrhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 6,163
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Frequency (S1E02) -- "Signal and Noise" -- 10/12/16

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Although it looks like his Mom is hiding him after seeing his secret. Wonder what happened to the hostage who escaped? Or did she manage to escape?
I'm thinking the mom went after the girl and killed her. I think that's the reason they moved away. She could be in the hole.
Old 10-15-16, 11:11 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SnogBox
Posts: 7,364
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Frequency (S1E02) -- "Signal and Noise" -- 10/12/16

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Last nights episode was a good follow up to the Pilot.

It was more mystery/detective thriller than actual science fiction, but I was totally good with that.

It was interesting seeing how Frank's concurrent investigation with Satch was simultaneously changing how things played out in the future. The Nightingale killer suspect all of the sudden disappeared in present time after Raimy interviewed him. Although it looks like his Mom is hiding him after seeing his secret. Wonder what happened to the hostage who escaped? Or did she manage to escape?

Really liking Peyton List as the lead. She's finally getting a chance to shine with some good material.
Did you mean Raimy or Frank? I took it to mean that Frank and Satch* investigating in the past caused the change. I think Ramiy's theory was correct. He likely killed the college student and went on to do more without his mom knowing. However, now her mom is dead and the family gone so they don't know where to look. My guess the mom helps out.

*I think Mekhi Phifer has been doing good as well between his past and future roles. I am only familiar with his work in the Torchwood series, which was a bad story.

I agree this was a really good episode and nice follow up to the pilot. Frank's storyline is interesting in its own right since he has to navigate the politics with one eye over his shoulder. Clearly there is some larger plan surrounding the dirty drug boss cop*. It does make you wonder how Frank dying caused the Nightingale killer to originally stop.

*Guy plays creepy well! I remember him from his days on Chuck.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.