Search this Thread

Old 09-25-16, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Once Upon a Time (ABC) -- Season 6 Thread -- Premieres 9/25/16

once-upon-a-time
images hosting

SEASON PREMIERE

THE HEROES FACE OFF AGAINST A DANGEROUS NEW ENEMY, AS EMMA COMES TO TERMS WITH WHAT IT MEANS TO BE THE SAVIOR, AND RUMPLE ENTERS BELLE'S DREAMSCAPE, ON THE SEASON PREMIERE OF ABC'S 'ONCE UPON A TIME'

Oded Feher Guest Stars as Jafar and Deniz Akdeniz as Aladdin

Welcome to Storybrooke, a small town in Maine that you won't find on any map. This town is full of magic, populated by fairytale characters once cursed by the Evil Queen Regina to live in our world - deprived of their memories and happy endings. Until Emma Swan came to town and changed everything. With the help of her son, Henry, Emma embraced her true identity as the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming - the Savior destined to break the Curse. But even after returning everyone's memories, Emma's mission was far from over. With the Curse broken, Mr. Gold (aka Rumplestiltskin) was free to bring magic to Storybrooke. And magic ALWAYS comes with a price...

As "Once Upon a Time" returns to ABC for its sixth season, SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 25 (8:00-9:00 p.m. EDT), on the ABC Television Network, so does its classic villain - the Evil Queen. Creators Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz ("Lost," "Tron: Legacy") invite you to join everyone's favorite fairytale characters as they face-off against this supercharged enemy.

In the season premiere episode, "The Savior," as our heroes set out to stop Hyde, Emma develops a mysterious side effect, and Storybrooke becomes a haven for refugees from the Land of Untold Stories. Meanwhile, Regina and Zelena embrace their newfound sisterhood by becoming roommates, while Rumple tries to free Belle from the sleeping Curse with the help of a stranger. In flashback, Jafar confronts an afflicted Aladdin in Agrabah, and a secret about the Savior is revealed.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O'Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Rebecca Mader as the Wicked Witch/Zelena and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Raphael Sbarge as Archie Hopper/Jiminy Cricket, Beverley Elliott as Granny, Oded Fehr as Jafar, Deniz Akdeniz as Aladdin, Tarun Keram as Emir, Peter Marcin as Chief, Farris Tyab, Jordan Ashley Olson as Young Nurse/Oracle, Giles Matthey as Morpheus, Thomas Gasior as Musketeer #1, Ingrid Torrance as Nurse Ratchet, Hank Harris as Dr. Jekyll and Sam Witwer as Mr. Hyde.

"The Savior" was written by Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz directed by Eagle Egilsson.

This used to be one of my favorite shows, but after the Frozen arc from a few years ago, I fell behind and lost the motivation to continue. I do want to get back into it at some point before I fall too far behind. I'm roughly 1 1/2 seasons behind now.

According to the Producers, they have no plans to make this the final season.

http://zap2it.com/2016/09/will-once-...fter-season-6/

I know this show lost a lot of viewers in this forum as well, so I don't know how many are up to date entering season 6.
Old 09-25-16, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts
Re: Once Upon a Time (ABC) -- Season 6 Thread -- Premieres 9/25/16

I'm honestly still on the fence if I'll watch this season or not. OUAT has kind of run out of steam and I wish it'd just wrap up. If they announced this was the final season I'd watch it, but otherwise I'm just not sure. Seems like they have zero desire to let it end any time soon so I wouldn't doubt this could still be going another 4 seasons.

Seems the first half of this season will continue on and possibly wrap up the stuff with Hades... and they're bringing in Aladdin and Jafar to the mix. Kind of weird they recast Jafar instead of going with the Jafar they already had in the spin-off OUAT in Wonderland. Especially since they've brought over other characters such as the Knave in the past.
Old 09-25-16, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Maybe the actor who played Jafar in the spinoff wasn't available or interested. As far as the Knave goes, I've always wondered why he came to Storybrooke after he found his happily ever after on the spinoff. I don't think they've ever addressed that.
Old 09-25-16, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

I thought we were getting a Pocahontas/John Smith story Arc this season?

I wasn't a big fan of Season 5 till the end. I hope they explore the Jekyll/Hyde world more cause It seems like they can use a lot more Non Fairy tale literature. A Halloween Episode with monsters from Stephen King could be good

I imagine once the ratings start to get lower they'll introduce the Star Wars Universe...
Old 09-25-16, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Since Hulu has all the episodes (at least they did last year) show is much easier to binge than just watch once a week (especially with all the gaps). However the previews just look awful. How many times can Regina fight herself as the Evil Queen?
Old 09-26-16, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

I think the show should have probably ended by now but gave it one last chance with this premiere.

I didn't see a single thing that looked interesting enough to keep me around. I did like the Belle stuff but not enough to slog through the other characters.

This show has a gigantic cast. I've noticed they've cut back on special effects, we don't seem to get much more than a few magic bolts from Emma these days.
Old 09-26-16, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

This was tough to get through.