TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 18 (CBS) -- Premieres 6/22/2016

Old 06-14-16, 01:01 AM

Big Brother 18 (CBS) -- Premieres 6/22/2016

Cast will be revealed on Tuesday. Cast interviews will be available Tue 4pm ET/1pm PT to #CBSAllAccess subscribers.

Spoiler:
Rumors have Reality Blurred, a blog about a lot of different reality shows, staked its reputation on knowing four of those returning houseguests. They stated that Ian Terry from Big Brother 14, Derrick Levasseur from Big Brother 16, Vanessa Rousso from Big Brother 17, and Audrey Middleton from Big Brother 17 were entering the house again. Frankie Grande is also about to be a part of the BB18 cast.
Old 06-14-16, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

re: Big Brother 18 (CBS) - -Premieres 6/22/2016

Here's the cast: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lis...ther-18-902680

No big surprise that it's all
Spoiler:
early 20-somethings and a 50-year-old. A couple of them are siblings to previous players. No mention of returning houseguests, but I'm sure there are because there are only 12 here.
Old 06-14-16, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by JuryDuty View Post
Here's the cast: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lis...ther-18-902680

No big surprise that it's all
Spoiler:
early 20-somethings and a 50-year-old. A couple of them are siblings to previous players. No mention of returning houseguests, but I'm sure there are because there are only 12 here.
So for the moment the "Reality Blurred" prediction (which they got from a spoiler site) is close to accurate. We have 10 new and two with a "connection". We now have to see if the four returnees (unless there's more) are going to be "coaches/mentors" or just players. I wonder if Vanessa's sister being a player means Vanessa will not be one of the returnees, as predicted.
Old 06-20-16, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

House tour:

Old 06-22-16, 06:58 AM

BIG BROTHER returns this summer with even more interactive and cross-platform programming for viewers and fans to enjoy. The popular 24/7 BIG BROTHER Live Feeds return for the second year to the CBS All Access subscription service, which, for $5.99 a month, also gives fans the ability to stream current episodes live or on-demand and watch every episode of BIG BROTHER that has ever aired across platforms, including Apple TV, Roku Players, Android TV and more. For the second year, CBS All Access will give subscribers the opportunity to meet the Houseguests before anyone else via a live stream of their first press junket interviews on June 13. BIG BROTHER debuts with a special two-night premiere event, Wednesday, June 22 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), and Thursday, June 23 (9:00 - 10:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. BIG BROTHER AFTER DARK premieres on Pop Thursday, June 23 (1:00 AM-3:00 AM, ET/PT).
Old 06-22-16, 09:10 AM

Re: Big Brother 18 (CBS) -- Premieres 6/22/2016

reminder its on tonight!
Old 06-22-16, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ready to see how these Bozos mess up their lives!

A Canadian promo revealed that there are indeed
Spoiler:
4 mystery players
and Grodner confirmed. See the story and promo here: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/21...llison-grodner

Note that Grodner also confirmed that we'd see this revealed tonight, which I'm glad about.

Last edited by JuryDuty; 06-22-16 at 12:26 PM.
Old 06-22-16, 01:23 PM

There had to be more than twelve players based on the schedule. Supposedly the much-hated Battle of the Block is gone, but will be replaced by some other comp to provide Sunday night drama. It's just a matter of which 4 returnees we get. I noticed that in some of the promotions, the new players name-dropped some of the players that are expected to show up.
Old 06-22-16, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DWilson View Post
There had to be more than twelve players based on the schedule. Supposedly the much-hated Battle of the Block is gone, but will be replaced by some other comp to provide Sunday night drama.
But...but...but...Julie said that was a fan favorite last year.
Old 06-22-16, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by mwbmis View Post
But...but...but...Julie said that was a fan favorite last year.
and everybody loved Frankie Grande.
Old 06-22-16, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Chicago got to see the first 1/2 hour, but then it's been thunderstorm & tornado coverage ever since then.
Old 06-22-16, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Also missed almost the whole show because of Chicago weather. I heard on Twitter that CBS 2 will be showing it at 12:37 am tonight.
Old 06-22-16, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not sure why this episode was two hours.

Anyway, I like returning players but they picked lame ones to come back here.

Natalie and Vanessa's sister are hot. The guy with the beard is annoying. Most of the rest are kinda meh. Davonne having first pick of the guys and taking Paul was LOL stupid.

People wind up playing in teams anyway, so while I normally hate the twists on this show, this one may not be too bad. Also prevents all the pseudo makeshift alliances that form every five seconds normally.
Old 06-23-16, 06:54 AM

The returning players are not the ones predicted -who might have been more exciting, -but neither are they aggravations (which at least two of them would have been). Essentially, they're harmless.... which worries me....
Old 06-23-16, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Glad to see James back, but the guy with the beard, and the other with the hat need to go asap.
Old 06-23-16, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Davonne's whole team is set to implode. All four members on that team ("Big Sister") are contentious and conniving. Not only are they already scheming against the house, but they're scheming against each other...and they're all very outspoken...and they're all have-nots this week.

I like the players they brought back. They're not the strongest players, but they're not annoying either. I think Frank is the safest. He's from the furthest season back and I don't think half the players even recognized him.
Old 06-23-16, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hope that Big Sister implodes soon. Da'vonne seems the most likable among them. There are aspects of her personality that I find annoying, but she is intelligent, and I give her credit for that. I definitely prefer her to James. Nicole & Frank are fine with me, certainly better than some of the rumored possibilities.
Old 06-24-16, 12:33 AM

I missed some of the opening show - was the team thing just for the first week or is that going to carry forward for a little while?

The structure seemed designed to somewhat protect the returning players - they basically at worst had a 1 in 4 chance of being eliminated and there was no vote, It also gave them one of them a 1 in 3 chance of getting HOH (assuming they survived the initial elimination)which buys the returning players another elimination. That makes sure they have at least 1 returning player around for a while no matter what.
Old 06-24-16, 08:13 AM

I'm sure its just pure, dumb luck that Glenn (the oldest player) was the first one out, but part of me can't help but wonder if the results were massaged to ensure that outcome. You know producer Alison Grodner didn't want any of the others to leave. I'm just wondering if there will be some interference to make sure Jozea (that's "The Messiah", right?) doesn't leave too soon. I know that the series "Unreal" is patterned after "The Bachelor", but I wouldn't be surprised if the producing "style" of the fictional show isn't the same on BB.

Last edited by DWilson; 06-24-16 at 04:07 PM.
Old 06-24-16, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by wirefan View Post
I missed some of the opening show - was the team thing just for the first week or is that going to carry forward for a little while?

The structure seemed designed to somewhat protect the returning players - they basically at worst had a 1 in 4 chance of being eliminated and there was no vote, It also gave them one of them a 1 in 3 chance of getting HOH (assuming they survived the initial elimination)which buys the returning players another elimination. That makes sure they have at least 1 returning player around for a while no matter what.
I think the team's are going on for a while. Which would also help protect the returning players. Most of the newbies want them out, but a scenario where they were faced with voting a vet teammate out while keeping a newbie from an opposing team, might make most think twice.

I like that production hasn't made it impossible to get rid of a vet, but they have made it more complex.
Old 06-24-16, 12:32 PM

What's the policy with spoilers for Big Brother threads?

I'm not a feed watcher, so I just want to know if they'll be unmarked and I should avoid the thread until after the live evictions.
Old 06-24-16, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think that anything learned from the live feeds/After Dark/Twitter/update sites that hasn't been shown on the CBS show yet, need to be spoilered if posted here.

Spoiler tags shouldn't be needed for anything at all in the live feeds thread: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/635...er-thread.html

At least, that's my understanding.
Old 06-24-16, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DWilson View Post
I'm sure its just pre, dumb luck that Glenn (the oldest player) was the first one out, but part of me can't help but wonder if the results were massaged to ensure that outcome. You know producer Alison Grodner didn't want any of the others to leave. I'm just wondering if there will be some interference to make sure Jozea (that's "The Messiah", right?) doesn't leave too soon. I know that the series "Unreal" is patterned after "The Bachelor", but I wouldn't be surprised if the producing "style" of the fictional show isn't the same on BB.
While the result was surprisingly close, that competition did seem geared against Glenn, who is heavier and presumably has shorter arms.
Old 06-24-16, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by buckeyes8604 View Post
What's the policy with spoilers for Big Brother threads?

I'm not a feed watcher, so I just want to know if they'll be unmarked and I should avoid the thread until after the live evictions.
Originally Posted by windom View Post
I think that anything learned from the live feeds/After Dark/Twitter/update sites that hasn't been shown on the CBS show yet, need to be spoilered if posted here.

Spoiler tags shouldn't be needed for anything at all in the live feeds thread: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/635...er-thread.html

At least, that's my understanding.
Yeah, this thread will only cover things that are shown on the CBS shows.

The other thread, "After Dark/Live Feed" thread covers the stuff going on in the house in real-time from watching After Dark, the feeds, and sites like www.jokersupdates.com .

Any reference to events that haven't been shown on CBS (like the results of a comp that runs past the ending) would need to be spoilered until it's shown on CBS.
Old 06-24-16, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did anyone else think it was hilarious when the guy (the one who looks like a Fabio wannabe) immediately took off his shirt and was trying to act seductive with Nicole? I almost fell off the couch laughing.

And then he started telling her the newbies' plans...

I'm enjoying this season so far. But they need to get rid of the bearded guy and the one with the hat pronto.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.