Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-19, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts
Re: The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

Yeah Cosmic Book News usually make shit up, so we'll see. With that said, i'm all for it.
Old 07-23-19, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: The CW/DC Shows News, Rumors Thread (Arrowverse, etc.) -- potential spoilers

Kryptonsite, which is a pretty reliable Superman news site, tweeted that report from Cosmic is bullshit

Old 07-23-19, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk God

https://cosmicbook.news/titans-crisis-infinite-earths

Okay, this site is seriously just making shit up now. They claim 2 characters from the DCU show Titans will appear in the crossover.
Old 07-23-19, 03:47 PM
Banned

Received 1,000 Likes on 666 Posts

Damn! I saw the news from Me-TV of all places and thought it was real. Yeah, those assholes from Cosmic are the bottom of the barrel in the comic book industry. Same with We Got This Covered and Bleeding Fool. Bleeding Cool is is scrapping that bottom too.
Old 07-23-19, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Brandon Routh confirmed that Warner wouldn't allow him to don the Superman Returns costume for Crisis. He's going to be the Kingdom Come version.
Old 07-23-19, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Hood
Damn! I saw the news from Me-TV of all places and thought it was real. Yeah, those assholes from Cosmic are the bottom of the barrel in the comic book industry. Same with We Got This Covered and Bleeding Fool. Bleeding Cool is is scrapping that bottom too.
BC is right more often than not, but cosmic is worthless.
Old 07-23-19, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Brandon Routh confirmed that Warner wouldn't allow him to don the Superman Returns costume for Crisis. He's going to be the Kingdom Come version.
Now that's just dumb. What exactly are they protecting here? Planning on a long gestating sequel to Superman Returns? I thought the new people in charge we're all about embracing their rich history, not hiding from it.

That being said, I never liked that suit anyway. It'll be weird seeing Routh in a different suit though.
Old 07-24-19, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Now that's just dumb. What exactly are they protecting here? Planning on a long gestating sequel to Superman Returns? I thought the new people in charge we're all about embracing their rich history, not hiding from it.

That being said, I never liked that suit anyway. It'll be weird seeing Routh in a different suit though.
I didn’t know he’s wearing the KIngdom suit. I at least hope he’s playing the same Superman and it’s not a new one. Plus, he better bulk up and nail the acting. I feel like that role needs somebody quite older and of a different build.
Old 07-24-19, 07:48 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Originally Posted by Superman07

I didn’t know he’s wearing the KIngdom suit. I at least hope he’s playing the same Superman and it’s not a new one. Plus, he better bulk up and nail the acting. I feel like that role needs somebody quite older and of a different build.
Originally Posted by DJariya
https://ew.com/comic-con/2019/07/20/...8TaqgHJM1tfiZI

Brandon Routh will be playing the "Kingdom Come" version of Superman
Old 07-25-19, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

There's a pic floating around of Lynda Carter dressed up in what appears to be the
Spoiler:
Kingdom Come
Wonder Woman outfit.
Old 07-25-19, 04:44 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Wonder Woman is supposed to be an ageless immortal. I wonder if/how they'll explain it?
Old 07-26-19, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Eric F
Wonder Woman is supposed to be an ageless immortal. I wonder if/how they'll explain it?
Thankfully they have Lynda Carter, a timeless beauty.
Old 07-26-19, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Thankfully they have Lynda Carter, a timeless beauty.
She’s still beautiful but timeless, not so much.
Old 08-03-19, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,817 Likes on 1,131 Posts

Apparenty Black Lightning WILL be in the crossover according to Cress
Old 08-04-19, 12:37 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

The CW has released the complete schedule for the Arrowverse‘s five-part “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover, as well as announced Black Lightning‘s long awaited debut in the annual event.

“Crisis on Infinite Earths,” which will continue the story that started with the end of The Flash‘s very first episode, truly got underway during last year’s “Elseworlds” crossover, and then was heavily teased in several Arrowverse season finales, will unfold as follows — with some shows airing on special days/times:

Supergirl: Sunday, Dec. 8 at 8/7c (special time)
Batwoman: Monday, Dec. 9 at 8 pm (special day)
The Flash: Tuesday, Dec. 10 at 8 pm
And then, in the year 2020:
Arrow: Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 8 pm (special time)
DC’s Legends of Tomorrow: Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 9 pm (special episode)

Legends‘ installment of “Crisis” is considered a special episode, and is not its season premiere.

On the casting front, unspecified characters from Black Lightning, which to date has never fully been a part of the Arrowverse, will make their crossover event debut. Additionally, veteran voice actor Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond) will make a special guest appearance as “Bruce Wayne from the future.”

Previously announced “Crisis” castings include, of course, LaMonica Garrett as the Monitor and the Anti-Monitor; Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch as Supergirl‘s Clark Kent/Superman and Lois lane; Legends‘ Brandon Routh pulling double duty as as the Kingdom Come version of Superman; Jon Cryer as Supergirl‘s Lex Luthor; and Batman‘s Burt Ward in an undisclosed role.

It was also announced on Sunday at the Television Critics Association summer press tour that Black Lightning will now open Season 3 earlier — on Monday, Oct. 7 at 9 pm (leading out of All American‘s Season 2 premiere).

https://tvline.com/2019/08/04/arrowv...ightning-cast/
Old 08-04-19, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Splitting this up more than a month? Stupid
Old 08-04-19, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Kevin Conroy as future Bruce Wayne? Sold.
Old 08-04-19, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

The month gap seems really dumb.
Old 08-04-19, 01:09 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Koby
The month gap seems really dumb.
Well, that's one way to lose your audience.
Old 08-04-19, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah the month gap seems pretty stupid. Honestly I think I might use this as my swan song for the CWVERSE shows.
Old 08-04-19, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk God

I don't know if you all noticed, but the crossover is airing close to the Holidays. Normally all the networks including The CW, take a 1 month break during that time. I'm guessing The Flash will air a big cliffhanger and then tease the big return in the new year.

Honestly, it's not a big deal to me.
Old 08-04-19, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk God

https://tvline.com/2019/08/04/arrowv...c-series-2020/

The CW looking to develop a new DC property for 2020-21 season.

I think if they do attempt this, they should hire someone else aside from Greg Berlanti to develop it. He and his team do not need the extra work.
Old 08-04-19, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk God

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/08/04/...ns1jnI9KXvSJZw

The CW President Mark Pedowitz has no plans to end any of the remaining DC Arrowverse shows.

But he may have no plans, but Berlanti and his showrunners could decide to end one of them.

I could see The Flash going 2 more years like Arrow and also ending on season 8.
Old 08-04-19, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think the CW wanted to diversify their line-up away from the superhero shows starting a year or two ago, but their new non-DC properties haven't been lighting the world on fire. Now that they've lost the always reliable Supernatural, they would have a lot of holes they couldn't fill without the Arrowverse.
Old 08-04-19, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I don't know if you all noticed, but the crossover is airing close to the Holidays. Normally all the networks including The CW, take a 1 month break during that time. I'm guessing The Flash will air a big cliffhanger and then tease the big return in the new year.

Honestly, it's not a big deal to me.
Right but they're airing Sun, Mon & Tues., so why not close it out Wednesday and Thursday? December 11th and 12th are no more holidays than December 8-10th.

I'm with everyone else. That's just dumb.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.