Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Animal Kingdom (TNT) -- Series Thread -- based on the film -- from Southland creators

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Animal Kingdom (TNT) -- Series Thread -- based on the film -- from Southland creators

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-18, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: Animal Kingdom (TNT) -- Series Thread -- from Southland creators -- based on the

at Baz’s Daughter driving Pope crazy.

Man, that little girl needs to be written out ASAP. Total nuisance.

Not surprising that Deran hooked up with that guy from the hospital. They were hinting it.

Kind of a dark episode. I almost thought Nicky was going to kill herself.
Old 06-27-18, 12:22 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts
Re: Animal Kingdom (TNT) -- Series Thread -- from Southland creators -- based on the

Originally Posted by DJariya
Not surprising that Deran hooked up with that guy from the hospital. They were hinting it.
And you thought the sex on Yellowstone was graphic...
Old 06-27-18, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Kind of a dark episode. I almost thought Nicky was going to kill herself.
They pretty much set up an episode arc for that to happen, -sickened by her current situation, unable to return to her old one, she had to either break out in a new direction or end up dead. But she's not dead, or going anywhere else ... yet.
It's not a very fun series in how it's progressed, -because, frankly, I don't think any of the actors (with the exception of Hatosy) are very interesting except when they're playing a scene with Ellen Barkin, -but I admire their commitment to the storyline.

Last edited by DWilson; 07-05-18 at 06:45 PM.
Old 06-27-18, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Im not buying the fact that Nikki's dad won't take her back being the big family man he is. It was hard to believe how easily he let her stay with a bunch of criminals to begin with but now that she wants to come home he doesn't want her.
Old 06-27-18, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by dex14
And you thought the sex on Yellowstone was graphic...
Yeah if you're uncomfortable watching gay sex scenes, that might make you squirm. Lots of thrusting.
Old 07-02-18, 12:24 PM

Renewed: https://deadline.com/2018/07/animal-...nt-1202420524/
Old 07-05-18, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Looks like Nicky is continuing her downward spiral in the latest episode.

Shoots up Leary's heroin and then accidentally shoots herself in the leg. Pretty messed up of J to just leave her there, but it's understandable given the police would have to be called.

and they seriously need to write out Baz's daughter. Let DCS take her away. She serves no purpose now.
Old 08-07-18, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk God

I was really looking forward to Denis Leary's character on this season. But, now I can't wait for them to get of him. He's just some scumbag drug addicted leach. Totally useless. This show is at it's best when the Cody brothers are doing crazy heists.

I read he has a Pilot in development at USA, so it's looking like this is only a 1 season arc for him.

Glad they recently got rid of Baz's daughter. And Nicky appears to be gone too. I am glad that Smurf's finally out of jail.

It's not really clear to me yet, but I'm still curious who hired Mia to kill Baz.
Old 08-07-18, 01:02 PM

This season has been a mess. Leary was definitely a waste. Half the season he was just acting like fucking Maury from Goodfellas, asking for his money and where J was. Pope being a mopey bitch and the plot with the Baz's kid was boring and got old real quick. I'm really shocked it got renewed.

Last edited by dex14; 08-07-18 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-07-18, 01:25 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Agreed this season was a dud. I still have a few episodes to go and am no hurry to get to them.
Old 08-07-18, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Keeping Smurf separate from the boys was a bad move.The storyline around J's girlfriend was oddly staged, as if they had to work around some issue with the actress. I don't miss her, it just seems odd. Also, I thought putting so much of the dramatic weight on the actor who plays J was a bad call.

Supposedly something big happens in tonight's episode, and the final two eps take things in a different direction.
Old 08-08-18, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk God

So last night's episode Smurf confessed to sanctioning the hit on Baz. Not sure I buy her confession. Yeah Baz robbed her, but I don't think she would kill the man who she raised since he was 12. I guess we won't know until Mia confesses who hired her.

and I guess that's it for Leary's character since he robbed Deran and bailed. What a waste his whole arc was. Such a pointless character and of course last night he kept asking for money.
Old 08-08-18, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Rather than the confession (true or not), I'm surprised Smurf didn't ask if the boys if they truly did get a cut of her stolen money and property (honestly, I don't recall if Baz actually did give it to them).
Old 08-09-18, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by DWilson
Rather than the confession (true or not), I'm surprised Smurf didn't ask if the boys if they truly did get a cut of her stolen money and property (honestly, I don't recall if Baz actually did give it to them).
I don't remember either & I was waiting for one of them to tell Smurf if that was true or not & found it odd that none of them said anything.
Old 08-22-18, 01:36 AM

I guess this show is losing it's popularity as it's barely discussed anymore.
Anyway, did anyone catch the season finale?
A lot of cliffhangers, I have some questions if anymore could chime in...

-I'm assuming Adrian was set up? Not even sure what the overall plan was. Was he smuggling drugs in his surf board?

-What ever happened to Craig's chick, Ren?

-And the biggest question; what made Jay suddenly turn on Smurf?

Seemed like Jay didn't want to talk about his cut from the properties Smurf sold when the rest of the brothers were all talking about what she gave them so obviously it's much more or much less. Seems like Smurf figured out Jay ripped her off so I'm guessing less. By the way, Jay killing Morgan last week was a surprise, totally out of character. He's suddenly a murderer now?

Does anyone else notice the muffled audio on this show? I watch with my brother every week & constantly skip back because there are numerous times we can't understand the dialog.

As much as I like the show, this season was the weakest so far.
Old 08-22-18, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by JZ1276

-What ever happened to Craig's chick, Ren?

Renn found out she was pregnant a few weeks back and bailed. She denied to Craig that it was his kid. But, I'm sure they'll re-visit that again.

I did watch the finale last night. Did not expect Mia and her friend to take out Lucy. I am curious what the heck is Mia's angle with all this? She is the one who killed Baz, but we don't for sure who hired her. Smurf's confession was kinda iffy.

J's little evil turn was an interesting thing to end things on.

Pope went a little ape shit crazy, especially after he banged that prostitute. Where did that blood on his hands come from?

It was definitely the weakest season. Sorely missing on the crazy capers. Plus, Denis Leary was a wasted guest star. He was essentially pointless. And keeping Smurf in jail so long also hurt the season.
Old 08-22-18, 06:02 PM

Pope went a little ape shit crazy, especially after he banged that prostitute. Where did that blood on his hands come from?
He road raged & punched in some woman's car window.

The finale really was all over the place.
Old 08-22-18, 06:13 PM

What a waste of a season.
Old 08-22-18, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A frustrating finale. I don't mind J becoming a murderous bastard, but coming at the end and setting up the next season was sort of bothersome. It just felt like they set up a bunch of things they'll probably half-deliver on next year. I just kept waiting for the explosion they seem to be setting up between Smurf and the boys.
Old 03-28-19, 09:50 AM

re: Animal Kingdom (TNT) -- Series Thread -- based on the film -- from Southland creators

<iframe width="600" height="338" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a1YCWBOcTvg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

New season, new order. Watch new episodes of Animal Kingdom starting May 28, only on TNT.
Old 03-28-19, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

re: Animal Kingdom (TNT) -- Series Thread -- based on the film -- from Southland creators

It'll be interesting to see Emily Deshcanel (of "Bones") play a desperate character, as she always seemed a little two-dimensional to me.
Old 03-28-19, 05:11 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

glad to have this back. hope it rights the wrongs of the disappointing last season.
Old 03-28-19, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk God

I enjoy this show, but yeah I thought last season was a huge step down.
Old 05-28-19, 07:07 AM

<iframe width="676" height="380" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z5hbqHbLLJk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This summer, the ruthless Cody crime family returns in Animal Kingdom season four and they will be as much of a threat to each other as they are to their targets. The series stars Emmy(R) and Tony(R) winner Ellen Barkin, Shawn Hatosy, Ben Robson, Jake Weary, Finn Cole and Sohvi Rodriguez. Emily Deschanel also joins the cast this season in a recurring role. The fourth season of Animal Kingdom premieres Tuesday, May 28 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. This season, Smurf (Barkin) is back on top reminding her boys who's boss no matter whom she hurts in the process. Trapped with Smurf and becoming increasingly unhinged, Pope (Hatosy) has found new and dangerous ways to deal with his anger. J (Cole) continues to scheme about how to take over the family business, Craig (Robson) plots one of their most difficult heists and Deran (Weary) is worried about his future with Adrian (Spencer Treat Clark). As always, outsiders move in to threaten the Cody's fragile peace, including Angela (Deschanel), the former best friend of J's deceased mother and a recovering junkie, who tries to snake her way back into the family's good graces. A new criminal crew is also introduced with a surprising connection to the Codys.
"Janine"

Season Four Premiere - Tuesday, May 28 - 9:00p.m. ET/PT

In the season four premiere, the Codys pull off a risky robbery that results in a big realization for Craig (Ben Robson). The relationship between Smurf (Ellen Barkin) and Pope (Shawn Hatosy) remains rocky even as Pope tries out a new outlet for his anger. Deran (Jake Weary) involves Adrian (Spencer Treat Clark) in the family business despite warnings from Craig, as J (Finn Cole) tests the waters of his new identity outside the Cody empire. A new criminal crew is introduced with a surprising connection to the Codys.
Old 05-29-19, 10:28 PM

Re: Animal Kingdom (TNT) -- Series Thread -- based on the film -- from Southland creators

I think this show lost me. During the season 3 recap there was so much I didn't even remember. Seemed this episode was all over the place & I wonder how much time had passed between seasons.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.