Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Game of Thrones (S6E06) -- "Blood of My Blood" -- 5/29/16

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-16, 01:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Game of Thrones (S6E06) -- "Blood of My Blood" -- 5/29/16

Am I the only one who gets confused on all the fringe characters? Like, I have literally no idea who the Blackfish are, and why they're worth sending Jaime after.

With Anya, the whole point of the story seems to have been for us to root for Anya vs the other assassin chick. My preditction is, Anya will spare the other chick, and the main assassin guy will say something like "A girl has learned well, but is released."
Old 05-30-16, 01:07 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Given that they included the Mad King into Bran's vision, I think it's still possible Bran is the source of the voices. I don't see any other reason to include those clips.
I have a hard time buying that theory just because his love of fire and burning people to death was well known before that.
Old 05-30-16, 01:09 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Adken
Am I the only one who gets confused on all the fringe characters? Like, I have literally no idea who the Blackfish are, and why they're worth sending Jaime after.
http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Brynden_Tully
Old 05-30-16, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MrX
I have a hard time buying that theory just because his love of fire and burning people to death was well known before that.
Then what was the point of showing him at this point in the story?
Old 05-30-16, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,210 Likes on 4,236 Posts

I recommend watching After The Thrones on HBO Go. They bring in guests every week to help non-book readers with backstory stuff. They have a weekly "Who the Fuck Was That" segment to highlight a character who appeared in the episode that you may have forgotten. I assume this week it will be Edmure Tully who we haven't seen since his bedding ceremony at the Red Wedding, but it could be Benjen I suppose.
Old 05-30-16, 02:08 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Then what was the point of showing him at this point in the story?
Could be because it's a scene people would recognize since Jamie has told that story before.
Old 05-30-16, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

I have a feeling Arya's dwindling and seemingly uninteresting story is going to come out of left field and play a bigger part in the whole scheme of things than we're guessing. I haven't read the books so I could be totally wrong, but I can't imagine them taking us on a boring journey with her to not give us some kind of payoff that connects her with everyone else's stories somehow. I mean, the basis of this series is the Stark family being torn apart, so I assume something has to get them back together eventually. EDIT: At least, those of them that are still alive.

Last edited by The Infidel; 05-30-16 at 02:33 AM.
Old 05-30-16, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by The Infidel
I have a feeling Arya's dwindling and seemingly uninteresting story is going to come out of left field and play a bigger part in the whole scheme of things than we're guessing. I haven't read the books so I could be totally wrong, but I can't imagine them taking us on a boring journey with her to not give us some kind of payoff that connects her with everyone else's stories somehow. I mean, the basis of this series is the Stark family being torn apart, so I assume something has to get them back together eventually.
We're beyond the books now. The only thing they haven't shown us is her dreams of running wild in the Riverlands. Since the wolves have been dwindling this year, it's time for the Arya/Nymeria reunion.

I have not at all missed the Ramsey Bolton torture hour the last two weeks.
Old 05-30-16, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
I recommend watching After The Thrones on HBO Go. They bring in guests every week to help non-book readers with backstory stuff. They have a weekly "Who the Fuck Was That" segment to highlight a character who appeared in the episode that you may have forgotten. I assume this week it will be Edmure Tully who we haven't seen since his bedding ceremony at the Red Wedding, but it could be Benjen I suppose.
My bet is Benjen. They at least set up the Freys and the Tullys in the previously on segment. Benjen was supposed to be a surprise.

The other name that got dropped in the Frey sequence was the Brothers w/o Banners. Wonder if we'll see them again this year. The pieces are certainly aligning. I wonder who's in the group now.
Old 05-30-16, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,890 Posts

Originally Posted by MrX
Martin has said at cons, as well as telling his editors, that Coldhands isn't Benjen so he's either lying or B&W are just using the fan theory because it is the easiest explanation.
Yes, Martin has said that Coldhands isn't Benjen Stark, even in his story notes to his editors.

I'd say it's probably more likely that they've just given Benjen the Coldhands role in the story the same way they combined Gendry and Edric Storm's arcs and had Sansa marry Ramsay Bolton instead of "Arya."
Old 05-30-16, 05:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

With Anya, the whole point of the story seems to have been for us to root for Anya vs the other assassin chick. My preditction is, Anya will spare the other chick, and the main assassin guy will say something like "A girl has learned well, but is released."

My guess is that Arya actually beats the fuck out of that chick that's been beating her ass over and over, and kills her with Needle. After that, her training is complete.

At least that's just what I'm hoping happens, lol
Old 05-30-16, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by JTH182
My guess is that Arya actually beats the fuck out of that chick that's been beating her ass over and over, and kills her with Needle. After that, her training is complete.

At least that's just what I'm hoping happens, lol
Yeah, and that her discernment in not killing that actress was just part of her training.
Old 05-30-16, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

I too was pretty skeptical about Margery's "born again" bit. Wondering if she and Cersei form some unlikely alliance and Tommen sending Jaime on his book storyline is part of a way to keep him from being targeted by the Faith Militant.

Also a bit curious how Yara and Theon's story will play . The clip for next week seems to hint they want to re-take the Iron Islands, but it looked like they were at some port en route to Mereen. Will Yara supply the ships for Daenarys or will Euron?
Old 05-30-16, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 286 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy517
To be a mostly-trained assassin but not be limited by the rules of only being able to kill whom she is hired to kill.
We haven't seen her once using a different face, which is the most important part of her training. She even asks Jaqen if she can use a face to assassinate the actress, but Jaqen says she's not ready.

So again, seems kind of pointless for her to run off at this point.
Old 05-30-16, 10:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
The Arya storyline is boring to me now. Her decision to leave the House of Black and White basically made her storyline the last 2 seasons pointless. She doesn't become a fully trained faceless assassin, so what's her purpose now? To finish her list, and without the training that could have helped her?
Originally Posted by Jeremy517
To be a mostly-trained assassin but not be limited by the rules of only being able to kill whom she is hired to kill.
Originally Posted by slop101
Yeah, and that her discernment in not killing that actress was just part of her training.
Jeremy & slop captured my thoughts. I'll be glad to see Arya be Arya again & leave all this "A Girl" nonsense behind.

I was afraid they'd cop out & have the young actress (or Richard Grant) drink from the cup, and have that be the actual intended victim (i.e., the test was to see if Arya would actually follow through with orders w/out taking an innocent life...although, as it was explained, all must die eventually). I did wonder if Arya thought about smashing all the spare cups in case somebody else decided to swig some of the remaining rum.

I hope that being trained in the art of deception to use in her own cause while still remaining true to her principles (as opposed to simply serving the Faceless God regardless of moral conflict) will be important to Arya's development. And that she will not be granted a reprieve & is still slated to potentially become another brick...er, face...in the wall. That will return our beloved character to her former hunted-and-always-in-danger status but now as a wiser, more skilled warrior.

Originally Posted by Decker
Probably the first episode since S6E1 that didn't hit it out of the park.
I felt the opposite way. This is the first one that actually has my appetite whetted for the next installment in a while.

Last one was pretty good, too.

A lot of puzzle pieces lining up with potential combinations of converging characters & storylines getting ready for the big push to the finish).

Are there going to be 10 episodes this season (only 4 left)? What about the rumor that the final season will be less than ten, or will be divided into two half-seasons comprising about sixteen episodes?
Old 05-30-16, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,210 Likes on 4,236 Posts

Yeah 10 episodes this season and probably some combo of 7 & 8 for the next two final seasons. I'm sure HBO would like 20 more but W&B have earned the creative control they now weild and should be able to get exactly what they want.
Old 05-30-16, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We haven't seen her once using a different face, which is the most important part of her training. She even asks Jaqen if she can use a face to assassinate the actress, but Jaqen says she's not ready.

So again, seems kind of pointless for her to run off at this point.
She used a face without permission last season when she killed what's-his-name from her list. She was then blinded for punishment.
Old 05-30-16, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by creekdipper
Jeremy & slop captured my thoughts. I'll be glad to see Arya be Arya again & leave all this "A Girl" nonsense behind.

I was afraid they'd cop out & have the young actress (or Richard Grant) drink from the cup, and have that be the actual intended victim (i.e., the test was to see if Arya would actually follow through with orders w/out taking an innocent life...although, as it was explained, all must die eventually). I did wonder if Arya thought about smashing all the spare cups in case somebody else decided to swig some of the remaining rum.

I hope that being trained in the art of deception to use in her own cause while still remaining true to her principles (as opposed to simply serving the Faceless God regardless of moral conflict) will be important to Arya's development. And that she will not be granted a reprieve & is still slated to potentially become another brick...er, face...in the wall. That will return our beloved character to her former hunted-and-always-in-danger status but now as a wiser, more skilled warrior.

I felt the opposite way. This is the first one that actually has my appetite whetted for the next installment in a while.

Last one was pretty good, too.

A lot of puzzle pieces lining up with potential combinations of converging characters & storylines getting ready for the big push to the finish).

Are there going to be 10 episodes this season (only 4 left)? What about the rumor that the final season will be less than ten, or will be divided into two half-seasons comprising about sixteen episodes?
Suspect you will be disappointed. I see almost no way that Arya DOES NOT become a faceless one. Everything is a test, and I find it super hard to think Arya will fail in that test in the end. Seems like the show is setting up
Spoiler:
The Hound Killing the Mountain
to be one of the climactic scenes.
Old 05-30-16, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by MrX
He was sent to Riverrun right after Tywin's funeral. All the stuff with the High Sparrow and him never happened in the book, he doesn't know about Cersei's arrest until she tells him in a letter.
Thanks.
Old 05-30-16, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The remaining episode titles: Nine and Ten sound like they will be epic.

Spoiler:

607: The Broken Man
608: No One
609: Battle of Bastards
610: The Winds of Winter
Old 05-30-16, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

I wonder if
Spoiler:
the bastards are Jon and Ramsay? (heavily doubt it's anyone else) Cool that 10 is taking it's title from a book.
Old 05-30-16, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Why are you wondering? It's obvious that it's referring to them.
Old 05-30-16, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
She used a face without permission last season when she killed what's-his-name from her list. She was then blinded for punishment.
You're right, I didn't remember that she had used a face for this scene.

Old 05-30-16, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Why are you wondering? It's obvious that it's referring to them.
Yep.

Also, the previous to the last episode of the season is always epic.
Old 05-30-16, 02:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The remaining episode titles: Nine and Ten sound like they will be epic.

Spoiler:

607: The Broken Man
608: No One
609: Battle of Bastards
610: The Winds of Winter

The last three are still not official. Frankly they sound like titles some fan would lazily come up with.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.