Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

Old 04-14-16, 06:27 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 56,923
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16




"THE BLACKLIST"

"MR. SOLOMON: CONCLUSION" ORIGINAL

04/14/2016 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Thursday) : After a tragedy puts a member of the team in grave danger, the task force must rely on Red (James Spader) and his unconventional methods to survive. Meanwhile, Tom (Ryan Eggold) and Liz (Megan Boone) face an unexpected complication that could affect their baby's future. TV-14 V

Episode 18 of 23
Old 04-14-16, 09:29 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Goldberg74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 16,716
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

Oh brother...
Spoiler:
That baby aged 2 months in 15 seconds... I hate on screen births.

So far so good.

I loved the tongue lashing Mrs Kaplan gave Redd after he laid into Dembe.
Old 04-14-16, 11:02 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 454
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

Wow!

Spoiler:
Lizzie was actually killed off.
Old 04-14-16, 11:45 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,890
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

They're just fucking with us, right?
Old 04-15-16, 09:34 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 1,090
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

I'm in shock...
Old 04-15-16, 11:36 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,241
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

I assume this is a fake out.
Old 04-15-16, 12:31 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Goldberg74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 16,716
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

Originally Posted by randian View Post
I assume this is a fake out.
Ninja training... heartbeat so slow, she's not really dead. 😉
Old 04-15-16, 01:37 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: On a little blue planet, third from the Sun.
Posts: 1,389
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

Originally Posted by randian View Post
I assume this is a fake out.
Think she's really gone:

http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/04/15/...ad-interviews/

James Spader, who plays Red on the show, was asked point-blank if Liz is really dead. “I think it’s most prudent not only as just myself and what I know or don’t know for that, but also in terms of the character of Reddington: Elizabeth Keen is dead,” he told Entertainment Weekly.
Also read that she's really pregnant IRL and maybe wants time to raise her kid. Of course if this show is still going in a couple of years I'm sure they'll come up with some silliness if/when she wants to come back.
Old 04-15-16, 02:14 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
PhantomStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 22,336
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

Deaths are so overplayed these days with dramatic music and music video-style editing that it's hard to ever figure out which ones are real. It didn't really seem like the last we'll see of Keen.
Old 04-15-16, 02:20 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,241
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

I question whether Megan Boone really wants to dump a plum lead role on a major network.
Old 04-15-16, 03:22 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,954
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

I doubt whether Boone wanted to leave, but it's very possible imo that she thought her new baby a bigger priority. I'm sure that several factors, like what the writers want to do, how soon she might want to go back to work, her personal finances, etc. will all play a role. I could see her returning down the road, or not.

I'd been guessing this was a possibility for most of the episode and on the positive side it very much shakes things up. I'm interested to see where it leads.
Old 04-15-16, 03:38 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 74,983
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

If she is really dead, we got all this build up with no answers. That is a shitty cop out for the show. I would hope she isn't dead, but it seems absurd if she is somehow still alive.

If it turns out to be a situation where they are pretending for her to be dead to protect her, that is pretty cliché
Old 04-15-16, 03:46 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 56,923
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

Wow, I can't believe they did that.

The Blacklist NBC Facebook also posted an In Memoriam to Elizabeth Keen.

I don't know. Faking Liz's death would be a really hard thing to do considering when she was being transported her lungs were failing.

But then again, Red asked Mr. Kaplan to take care of her body instead of her being transported to the traditional morgue where it could be autopsied.
Old 04-15-16, 03:49 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,954
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

I hope and expect that we'll still get the answers, only that Liz won't be around to hear them.

I expect big things from Red, both in terms of payback and in how psychologically challenging it will be for him to deal with this. The person who ordered Liz's abduction wanted her unharmed, so I'm interested to (hopefully) see how the fallout from that pans out. Tom may go on the backburner, but maybe not, especially if they want to bring Gina Zanetakos in as more of a partner for him now. They might bring in some other new characters too, or change up some of the other existing ones in the aftermath of this loss.
Old 04-15-16, 03:56 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 4,890
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

I saw a Facebook comment that someone posted, which is probably BS, that stated that James Spader wanted Megan Boone off of the show because she was such a poor actress that would always flub her lines requiring many takes. I doubt that's the true story, but who knows.
Old 04-15-16, 03:57 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 56,923
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

Originally Posted by Strapped4Cash View Post
I hope and expect that we'll still get the answers, only that Liz won't be around to hear them.

I expect big things from Red, both in terms of payback and in how psychologically challenging it will be for him to deal with this. The person who ordered Liz's abduction wanted her unharmed, so I'm interested to (hopefully) see how the fallout from that pans out. Tom may go on the backburner, but maybe not, especially if they want to bring Gina Zanetakos in as more of a partner for him now. They might bring in some other new characters too, or change up some of the other existing ones in the aftermath of this loss.
Tom's situation is interesting too. His character now has a kid and Ryan Eggold signed on as the co-lead of the potential Blacklist spinoff, who's Pilot will be episode 22. If that gets picked up, that will change the dynamic here as well.
Old 04-15-16, 04:09 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,954
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Tom's situation is interesting too. His character now has a kid and Ryan Eggold signed on as the co-lead of the potential Blacklist spinoff, who's Pilot will be episode 22. If that gets picked up, that will change the dynamic here as well.
I hadn't heard that, thank you for mentioning it. Plotwise I think it makes a lot of sense to give his character it's own show, but I don't know how impressive it would be ratings-wise (I'm guessing it would do at least a bit worse than The Blacklist itself), and may streamline the existing show, but could also weaken it. Definitely changing it either way, as you say.
Old 04-15-16, 09:46 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,291
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Re: The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

I loved on the run Elizabeth. I hated "I love Tom" Elizabeth. I am just completely clueless where the show goes if she is really dead.
Old 04-15-16, 10:05 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 74,983
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

Originally Posted by windom View Post
I saw a Facebook comment that someone posted, which is probably BS, that stated that James Spader wanted Megan Boone off of the show because she was such a poor actress that would always flub her lines requiring many takes. I doubt that's the true story, but who knows.
FYI someone I know knows someone who worked on first season of the show. They said she is a bitch to work with, so I don't doubt that there may be some validity.
Old 04-15-16, 10:27 PM
  #20  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Chino Hills, CA
Posts: 23
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

Umm... Hey guys, I just had this wild hair up my butt. What if, all this
Spoiler:

was just Red's way of preventing Liz from marrying Tom. He's always been vehemently opposed to the marriage. Plus, all the players during Liz's delivery were his "men/minions" I wouldn't put it past him to be ther person who actually hired Mr. Solomon to kidnap (but don't hurt) Liz and stage this elaborate ruse to somehow fake Liz's death and spirit her away somewhere. Of course, that means separating her from her daughter, but he could always "kidnap" the daughter and give it to Liz which would then set Tom off on his own show.

I don't know... maybe I'm just over-thinking this whole deal and she just wants out from the show like everyone says.
Anyways...

Last edited by Melencio; 04-15-16 at 10:31 PM. Reason: correct spelling
Old 04-15-16, 10:39 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk God
 
Deftones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Arizona
Posts: 74,983
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

That isn't a terrible theory.
Old 04-16-16, 12:47 AM
  #22  
DVD Talk Legend
 
PhantomStranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 22,336
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

The writers definitely left a backdoor for Keen to come back with that medical coma line.

I don't believe she's permanently gone. The Blacklist has been one of NBC's biggest ratings grabbers over the past three years and they want to spin-off a show from it. Boone is a huge part of that success.

My guess is that she comes back in the second half of next season after having the baby in real life.
Old 04-16-16, 11:28 AM
  #23  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA
Posts: 3,583
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

Maybe Keen has a twin sister.
Old 04-16-16, 02:58 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,168
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

Great episode! Looks like maternity leave time, so they faked Liz's death. This season has been great!

The question is, how many people know? Maybe just the doctor and Mr. Kaplan (the old lady).

Mr. Kaplan is the "cleaner". She had that conversation with Reddington about all this being his fault, so now she is fixing this mess by herself (well, with the doctor's help, since he'll need to monitor Liz while she is in a coma)

Last edited by MLBFan24; 04-16-16 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-16-16, 03:41 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 2,707
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Blacklist (S3E18) -- "Mr. Solomon: Conclusion" -- 4/14/16

I'm guessing "Elizabeth Keen" (just the name) is dead but she will reappear under an alias. The Dr. works for Red. He could have induced all the issues after the birth. Plus, avoiding the public morgue... it just looks suspicious.

And what the hell happened to Mr. Solomon? Did I miss it or did he just walk away?

Last edited by Easy; 04-16-16 at 03:49 PM.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.