Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Outlander (Starz) -- Season 2 Thread -- 4/9/16

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-16, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts
Re: Outlander (Starz) -- Season 2 Thread -- 4/9/16

Really liked this season and thought the final episode was excellent. I would have liked to have seen more Claire after she came back instead of the jump in the final episode. So, So happy there will be at least 2 more seasons.
Old 07-23-16, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnysd
Really liked this season and thought the final episode was excellent. I would have liked to have seen more Claire after she came back instead of the jump in the final episode. So, So happy there will be at least 2 more seasons.
Agreed about new seasons. I'm just hoping that when she goes back it's to the time she left. I'm not a fan of actors in old age make-up. Claire's looked less than convincing more than once is just that one episode.
Old 07-28-17, 06:35 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

My wife and I binged the first two seasons in the past two weeks, and we can't wait for season three to start Sept. 10. In the meantime, we have to suffer through Droughtlander.
Old 08-01-17, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Bandoman
My wife and I binged the first two seasons in the past two weeks, and we can't wait for season three to start Sept. 10. In the meantime, we have to suffer through Droughtlander.
Yeah its pretty brutal. Outlander for me is "event" TV. I know it's really more aimed at women but I so love this show.
Old 08-01-17, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnysd
Yeah its pretty brutal. Outlander for me is "event" TV. I know it's really more aimed at women but I so love this show.
If that's true, then I don't know what they are thinking when they include the many very graphic and brutal scenes they do on this show. My wife, and most other women I know, would have bailed long before the lengthy torture and raping of Jamie. The rom-com scenes they have on this show don't outweigh the far more frequent scenes that are more like Game of Thrones than Sex in the City.

I too can't with for the new season. I'm expecting we will finally get some deeper story that takes both in both timelines simultaneously rather than it almost always being one or the other.
Old 11-22-17, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,023 Likes on 844 Posts

Just finished the second season, and while it was hit or miss throughout, the finale was great. I'd watch a series with just the daughter in it.