Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Red Oaks (Amazon Prime) - Series Thread - from Greg Jacobs, Soderbergh, Green

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-17, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 812 Likes on 601 Posts
Re: Red Oaks (Amazon Prime) - Series Thread - from Greg Jacobs, Soderbergh, Green

They released it early. You can start streaming now! Luckily Amazon gave me a free month of Prime this time around. BTW it's only six episodes for this season.....
Old 10-19-17, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
Re: Red Oaks (Amazon Prime) - Series Thread - from Greg Jacobs, Soderbergh, Green

I'm in for season 3, but can't help thinking that this is the kind of show that deposed Amazon executive Roy Price would've favored, whereas Bezos is more interested in genre hits.
Old 10-19-17, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm just glad the show was made and renewed twice. It's one of my all time favorites.
Old 10-20-17, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RedOaks
What happened to my comment?
A) Fuck you so very very much. B) Mods - Please delete his comments. C) See A
Old 10-20-17, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's ridiculous for a new member to come on here and post a summary of the new season hours after it was released early. I read his first sentence and wouldn't read any more of it.
Old 10-20-17, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by starseed1981
A) Fuck you so very very much. B) Mods - Please delete his comments. C) See A
Shut up. I admit I didn't think about spoilers. However if you really didn't want spoilers why check this thread when you know the season was going to be released shortly?

So when it is okay to discuss the summary?

Spoiler:
If people make comments like they didn't like the ending or it was blah then people can figure out the summary too.
Old 10-20-17, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RedOaks
Shut up. I admit I didn't think about spoilers. However if you really didn't want spoilers why check this thread when you know the season was going to be released shortly?

So when it is okay to discuss the summary? If people make comments like they didn't like the ending or it was blah then people can figure out the summary too.
The season was released early. You should have used spoiler tags.
Old 10-20-17, 06:06 PM

I think you can tell what happens after watching the first episode or two. Also I heard Marina Del Rey has a lot of bimbos.
Old 10-22-17, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts

Really enjoyed the final season, even though it was over far quicker than I wanted. I wish there were more, but I'm happy with what we got.

I was also happy with the amount of screen time spent on Skye.
Old 10-23-17, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

The final season was enjoyable but unnecessary. It felt like a coda to the second season. I'm happy it happened and more than satisfied with the endings they gave the cast. Hopefully a complete series release on Blu-Ray is somewhere on the horizon.
Old 10-23-17, 04:34 PM

Spoiler:

Does anyone feel adding in the new girl made sense? I feel the whole point of season 1 was David's interest in the new girl? I guess they were trying to make it seem like the new girl was a great fit for David. However David wasn't even that into this girl it seemed. It appears David was trying to get back with Skye. I guess the new girl was interested in David from the interactions but she had a boyfriend.

Old 10-24-17, 12:28 AM

Enjoyed the series.

Like how they used a current topic from now and found a way to make jokes about them in the 80s
Old 10-29-17, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I finished the final season last night and I loved it. Each of the previous seasons had such great endings that they could have ended the series there and I would have been happy with. The ending for this season didn't disappoint either. This might be my all time favorite streaming series and one of my top 10 all time favorite shows. My favorite moment from this season was David and Wheeler sweating to the oldies.
Old 11-09-17, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

I thought it was an entertaining season with satisfying endings for the characters. I feel like David had the least interesting storyline, though, and he was floating around the other characters' events.
Old 11-13-17, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by lwhy?
I finished the final season last night and I loved it. Each of the previous seasons had such great endings that they could have ended the series there and I would have been happy with. The ending for this season didn't disappoint either. This might be my all time favorite streaming series and one of my top 10 all time favorite shows.
Totally agree. I thought the ending was perfect (yeah OK, maybe a little too perfect for everyone), and incredibly well done. What a great show.
Old 02-19-18, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 266 Likes on 194 Posts

Wow, now this is a nice little surprise!! My sister told me about this. I love the music in it. Only 5 episodes into it but I am really enjoying this!!
Old 11-09-18, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 279 Likes on 180 Posts

I've been meaning to watch this since it debuted, but only just now got around to it...but I knocked out the entire series (granted, only 26 episodes) in 4 days. Great show, some good laughs and heartfelt moments. Also, Misty
Old 04-04-19, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Started watching this during a long flight and just finished up season 1. I really enjoyed it, with its pleasant mix of humor, nostalgia, and some of that mushy feelings stuff.

If I had a criticism it would be that it was a little on the nose with the heavy use of '80s style montages, and it is chock full of very average looking dudes routinely pulling smoking hot tail -- not my recollection of the '80s at all.