Scandal (ABC) -- S: Kerry Washington -- Series Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-12, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: Scandal -- "Hell Hath No Fury" -- 4/19/12

Originally Posted by Red Dog
This is a very entertaining show.

However, I'm confused....is Cyrus the VP or the President's Chief of Staff? He acts like a Chief of Staff. But I'm confused because he's usually hanging around with the VP's Chief of Staff.
Cyrus Beene is the Chief of Staff.

This is the Vice President below. That character will be introduced later.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...-new-show.html
Old 04-21-12, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts
Re: Scandal -- "Hell Hath No Fury" -- 4/19/12

OK. That makes sense. You can't have a conspiracy on a Presidential TV show without a VP involved.
Old 04-26-12, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Scandal -- "Enemy of the State" -- 4/26/12

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2012-04-05

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
"Enemy of the State" - After the Amanda Tanner case takes a shocking turn, one-time friends Olivia and Cyrus take heated, opposing viewpoints, and Cyrus tries to help in investigating the personal lives of Olivia and her associates. Meanwhile Olivia and her team help a dictator locate his wife and children who have been allegedly kidnapped, and Quinn goes out with a reporter seeking information, on "Scandal," THURSDAY, APRIL 26 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Episode 4 of 7
Old 04-27-12, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts
Re: Scandal -- "Enemy of the State" -- 4/26/12

Is no one else watching this show? Another solid episode this week. Nice to see Olivia change course on the wife. The new girl is in trouble with her reporter friend and it doesn't look like we'll find out what the pregnant mistress was hiding.
Old 04-27-12, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I watch it although I haven't watched this episode yet. Enjoyed the last two episodes (the pilot was good but not great).

Kerry Washington's lips are the heart of the show, IMO.
Old 04-27-12, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk God

So let me guess this straight....a Republican president (albeit a moderate anti-Tea Party one) has a gay man (married no less) as his Chief of Staff. I guess I'll have to suspend disbelief on that.

Anyhow, that first lady ain't up to no good.

I'm really liking this show. This is a midseason replacement and they didn't start in sweeps - does it have any chance at renewal? I know ABC has Shonda's other shows and have served them well, which is one reason why I bought into this.

Last edited by Red Dog; 04-27-12 at 07:24 PM.
Old 04-28-12, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like everyone (except maybe Henry Ian Cusick - what is he waiting for...nervous?) has gotten to do their dramatic 'actory' monologue on the show now with Abby getting her say.

I wasn't enamored with the case this week, but at least it provided some character development for Abby (who really needs to do something with the hair).

Loved the scene with Cyrus' (who looks to be with a guy about 25 years his junior) psychic vision of the President's life. Favorite scene of the episode.

So I'm guessing they just drugged the girl or did they pull a Michael Clayton and kill her?

Last edited by conscience; 04-28-12 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-03-12, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Scandal -- "Crash and Burn" -- 5/03/12

By djariya at 2012-04-05

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
"Crash and Burn" - After a commercial plane crashes, taking the lives of all onboard, Olivia Pope and her "gladiators-in-suits" must defend the pilot from media and airline accusations; meanwhile, when Amanda Tanner goes missing, Huck calls upon his dark past to find her whereabouts, and Fitz seeks the help of the Vice President in order to pass key legislation despite their icy relationship, on "Scandal," THURSDAY, MAY 3 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Episode 5 of 7
Old 05-04-12, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
Re: Scandal -- "Crash and Burn" -- 5/03/12

I think this show's gotten really good these last couple of episodes and this was the best one yet.
Old 05-04-12, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great episode. I honestly thought they were going to find Amanda alive, so I was glad to see they had the guts to kill her off so unceremoniously.
Old 05-04-12, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Awesome episode. I almost teared up at the end. I questioned in the last thread whether they'd 'Michael Clayton' Amanda and I'm glad they did. Gets rid of her (always thought she had an annoying voice all the way back to Gilmore Girls) and deepens the mystery.

I'm also glad they explained Huck's backstory which gave us answers to his weird mood and personality.

This show is growing on me with every episode. I hope it comes back

I'm still not sold on Columbus Short yet. He's just too stilted with the numerous monologues. Like he's trying so hard to play it cool.

Last edited by conscience; 05-04-12 at 06:27 PM.
Old 05-04-12, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great episode. Huck's torture scene was psychologically painful to watch but brilliantly put together. You get his backstory in a compact way and you understand what his actions are costing him mentally. That explains why Olivia was so hesitant to make her request. Well played.

What are the odds the VP or someone in her camp is the third party?

Plus renew this for next season.
Old 05-04-12, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk God

So first we have a gay Republican Chief of Staff and now a Republican administration pushing for a Dream Act. Is this a Democrat's wishful GOP? And they didn't waste any time making the Veep out to be an evangelical zealot.

On top of that, I hope they are making the so-obvious evil First Lady out to be a smokescreen.

The plane disaster case played out way too fast. No way things move that quickly.

I did like the Secret Service bargaining at the end, even if it was obvious where he wanted to go.

I guess I'll be in the minority - this was the lamest episode so far.
Old 05-10-12, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Scandal -- "The Trail" -- 5/10/12

By djariya at 2012-04-05

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
"The Trail" - As Gideon investigates Amanda's past in the present day, scenes from the past reveal the contentious primary race between Fitz and his now-Vice President, how Olivia and Fitz first met on the campaign trail and how each of Olivia's associates joined the team, on "Scandal," THURSDAY, MAY 10 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Episode 6 of 7

Next week is the season finale. According to Deadline.com, this is looking good to coming back for a 2nd season.
Old 05-10-12, 10:38 PM

Re: Scandal -- "The Trail" -- 5/10/12

If it comes back next season I might add it to the DVR. I've enjoyed it so far which surprised me. Has enough twists to keep me guessing.
Old 05-11-12, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk God

Jesus - I have no idea what's going on after that.

The first twist with the Veep's Chief having the recording and now a person to tie it with (even though it's the wrong one), particularly since he wants to bone Olivia. I certainly didn't see that. I suppose he pushed it to Cyrus to force a resignation. The timing - 2 years in, would be right. It all made sense.

But then the 2nd twist - that he may have been fucking Amanda. Now I'm confused.

at the fake miscarriage. That would totally work with carbon blob women.

Of course ABC will probably axe this show. I guess I better pray 18-49s watch it.

Last edited by Red Dog; 05-11-12 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-11-12, 06:42 PM

But then the 2nd twist - that he may have been fucking Amanda. Now I'm confused.
I remember right before Amanda was taken she was on the phone with somebody. She told them she couldn't do this anymore and was going to tell Olivia the truth. Then she was kidnapped and killed.

The fact that he killed the reported who had figured it out was surprising.
Old 05-11-12, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk God

That's right. Now I'm more confused.
Old 05-11-12, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This show is fill of interesting twists and turns and the finale should be crazy. This probably means ABC will cancel it. Doesn't look like the VP is in on the blackmail, its just her psycho chief of staff. He seemed so sane in the previous episodes.

Edit...ABC renewed Scandal for a second season. Woo Hoo!
Old 05-12-12, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That's right. Now I'm more confused.
The reporter said that the VP CoS sent Amanda in.

Which leads me to believe that Amanda was in on the blackmailing of Fitz because of the scene mentioned above. The VP CoS to get the President out of office. She for money...? Possibly love for the VP's CoS. She then got cold feet and was killed because she wanted to tell the truth.
Old 05-17-12, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Scandal -- Season Finale -- "Grant: For the People" -- 5/17/12

By djariya at 2012-04-05

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
"Grant: For the People" When Quinn finds herself in a tragic and compromising position, Olivia and the team rush to her side; all the while, a reluctant Cyrus must turn to Olivia when Billy Chambers makes an announcement that shakes Fitz's presidency to its' core, on the stunning Season Finale of "Scandal," THURSDAY, MAY 17 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Episode 7 of 7

In case you didn't pay attention this was renewed for a 2nd season

Very entertaining 1st season. Totally outside the box of what Shonda Rhimes is known for.
Old 05-20-12, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Scandal -- Season Finale -- "Grant: For the People" -- 5/17/12

Ok the first lady is officially out of her damn mind. Seriously she blamed Olivia for not preventing her husband from having another affair? Oh good grief.

Note to Olivia, be very, very specific when someone is making you promise, otherwise, you might not like the outcome.

Can't wait to find out who Quinn really is.
Old 05-20-12, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by lisadoris
Ok the first lady is officially out of her damn mind. Seriously she blamed Olivia for not preventing her husband from having another affair? Oh good grief.
I can kind of see where she's coming from. If Olivia were still there, they might still be together having their affair and Amanda might not have gotten in on the action.

Really awesome episode. If the show had not been renewed, oh man, I would have been pissed!

I was thinking in the back of my mind about Cyrus being in on the Amanda killing before the whole Vice Prez Chief of Staff revelation.
Old 05-20-12, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by lisadoris

Note to Olivia, be very, very specific when someone is making you promise, otherwise, you might not like the outcome.

Can't wait to find out who Quinn really is.
On your first point, I couldnt tell if the first lady didnt know about the Olivia affair, or she was pissed that he indded had another affair with someone outside of the "circle". She seemed to also be upset that Olivia left them, meaning the team behind the president.

Very true. i thought she was being pretty specific, apparently not enough.

I too want to know who she actually is. Came here to see if I could find out if it was renewed or not.

I also liked the redirect back to Cyrus for being the guy behind Amandas killing. After all, the Veeps Chief never admitted to killing her the way he did the reporter.
Old 05-21-12, 05:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jjcool
On your first point, I couldnt tell if the first lady didnt know about the Olivia affair, or she was pissed that he indded had another affair with someone outside of the "circle". She seemed to also be upset that Olivia left them, meaning the team behind the president.

From a previous episode - she definitely knows about the affair between Fitz and Olivia.

And she was of the mind that if Liv was still there and still having the affair with Fitz, Amanda would not have been able to come in and get with Fitz (because he would have been with Liv) hence none of this drama in the first place.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.