Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Hand of God (Amazon Prime) -- S: Perlman, Delany -- Series Thread -- Premieres 9/4/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hand of God (Amazon Prime) -- S: Perlman, Delany -- Series Thread -- Premieres 9/4/15

Old 08-30-14, 02:48 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Hand of God (an Amazon Original Pilot) starring Ron Perlman & Dana Delany

watch here.

A psychological drama about a morally-corrupt judge who suffers a breakdown and believes God is compelling him onto a path of vigilante justice.
anyone watch this yet? I just haven't had the time yet, but the cast and the premise sound excellent.

EDIT: probably should be in the streaming sub-category I guess...
Old 08-31-14, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Hand of God (an Amazon Original Pilot) starring Ron Perlman & Dana Delany

Originally Posted by TGM View Post
watch here.

anyone watch this yet? I just haven't had the time yet, but the cast and the premise sound excellent.

I plan to watch this soon. I admit the premise reminds me a bit of Saving Grace.
Old 08-31-14, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I watched it last night, mostly because I like Dana Delaney. It is very dark, I don't think I care for it. I can't say much more without spoiling it.
Old 09-03-14, 05:53 PM

I watched it earlier today and I liked it. It was a bit dark, but there is mystery angle about what happened to the main character when he was missing three days and the stuff with his family.
Old 09-04-14, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's been debated a lot, but this kind of web series has settled in the TV forum due to content rather than method of delivery.
Old 09-04-14, 12:24 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Finally watched it, and did like it. I like the premise. I also have a huge crush on Alona Tal so I was pleasantly surprised that she was in the cast.

The acting all around is pretty good, with one exception. The small black guy who looks like a retarded Gus from Breaking Bad. The syntax in how he talks, or perhaps he has a small speech impediment, I have real trouble understanding what he is saying.
Old 09-04-14, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Interesting premise. I liked the ending with the cop. I'm down for more episodes.
Old 09-04-14, 08:22 PM

Finally watched it, and did like it. I like the premise. I also have a huge crush on Alona Tal so I was pleasantly surprised that she was in the cast.

The acting all around is pretty good, with one exception. The small black guy who looks like a retarded Gus from Breaking Bad. The syntax in how he talks, or perhaps he has a small speech impediment, I have real trouble understanding what he is saying.
I agree with this and I like your description of that guy. I understood what he said, but his acting was bad. I wasn't paying attention during the opening credits, but I was surprised when Garret Dillahunt showed up on screen. He was great and if this makes to series, he and Perlman will be good together in scenes.
Old 09-10-14, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I watched it, mostly for Delany, and didn't think she was used that well. Obviously there's room for the character to grow if this gets picked up.

My teenagers were huge fans of Body of Proof but hated this show because of the disagreeable people. I wouldn't mind watching more to see what happens, but as of now it wouldn't be a huge priority for me.
Old 09-30-14, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

http://deadline.com/2014/09/hand-of-...ickups-843928/

Expected to be picked up to series by Amazon. All the actors contracts were expiring today and the options were picked up.
Old 09-02-15, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Created and written by Ben Watkins, and marking the television debut of renowned filmmaker Marc Forster (Monster's Ball, Finding Neverland, World War Z), Hand of God stars Golden Globe winner Ron Perlman in his first lead television role since Sons of Anarchy as the honorable justice Pernell Harris. The show centers on Judge Harris, a hard-living, law-bending married man with a high-end call girl on the side, who suffers a mental breakdown and goes on a vigilante quest to find the rapist who tore his family apart. With no real evidence to go on, Pernell begins to rely on "visions" and "messages" he believes are being sent by God through Pernell's ventilator-bound son. Hand of God also stars Dana Delany as the Judge's protective wife Crystal Harris, Garret Dillahunt as KD, the born-again sociopath whose violent tendencies are exploited by Pernell, Andre Royo as the slick, smart, gregarious, and greedy mayor Robert 'Bobo' Boston, Alona Tal as Pernell's grieving daughter-in-law Jocelyn Harris, Julian Morris as the questionable preacher Paul Curtis, Elizabeth McLaughlin as the preacher's sultry girlfriend Alicia, and Emayatzy Corinealdi as Pernell's call girl and confidante Tessie. Forster, Watkins, Perlman, Brian Wilkins and Jeff King are Executive Producers, and Jillian Kugler is co-Executive Producer.

PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· Alona Tal as Jocelyn Harris
· Andre Royo as Robert "Bobo" Boston
· Dana Delany as Crystal Harris
· Elaine Tan as Anne
· Elizabeth McLaughlin as Alicia
· Emayatzy Corinealdi as Tessie
· Garret Dillahunt as K.D.
· Julian Morris as Paul Dobson
· Maximiliano Hernández as Toby
· Ron Perlman as Pernell Harris

CREW INFORMATION:
· Ben Watkins as CRTR/EP
· Brian Wilkins as EP
· Jeff King as EP
· Jillian Kugler as CO-EP
· Marc Forster as EP/DIR (Pilot)

Thought I would go ahead and post this now since most of you probably aren't aware of this show.

Here's the trailer

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iLuKzH-igLo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Episodes 2-10 will be posted on Amazon Prime this Friday

The Pilot is already available.

http://www.amazon.com/Pilot/dp/B00MR...ds=hand+of+god

It was one of several test Pilots that subscribers voted on in the Spring for series consideration and it got picked up.

I already saw the Pilot. It's very dark and I don't think this will attract a ton of viewers. The premise is a little offbeat.

Last edited by DJariya; 09-02-15 at 08:55 PM.
Old 09-02-15, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Hand of God (Amazon Prime) -- S: Perlman, Delany -- Series Thread -- Premieres 9/

I watched the pilot mainly because of Dana Delany, and it didn't really appeal to me.
Old 09-02-15, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Hand of God (Amazon Prime) -- S: Perlman, Delany -- Series Thread -- Premieres 9/

http://deadline.com/2015/09/hand-of-...an-1201513056/

Dominic Patten, Deadline.com's critic, did not like this show at all.
Old 09-02-15, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember the pilot too… And I wasn't a fan of it. When I heard this was picked up I was quite surprised. Not my cup of tea. Bring on "Mozart in the Jungle!"
Old 09-02-15, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Dillahunt is the draw for me. Maybe...,
Old 09-03-15, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
Dillahunt is the draw for me. Maybe...,
His character really creeped me out in the pilot (more so than his character on Justified).
Old 09-05-15, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

You mean that contest where they show several pilots and we get to pick the one we want to see but end up with whichever one Amazon is going to give us anyway?
Old 09-05-15, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 View Post
His character really creeped me out in the pilot (more so than his character on Justified).
I forget how Dillahunt was Cromartie in Sarah Connor Chronicles after seeing him in Raising Hope for so long.

He;s really my only draw to this show. Wasn't impressed by the trailer on Amazon.
Old 09-05-15, 11:08 PM
Banned

I actually remember liking the pilot. It was kind of rough quality w/ the kid and the guy talking to church dude but otherwise... it kept my interest.
Old 09-07-15, 12:07 AM

I liked the pilot last year when it was released. I've watched 1-5 so far. I like the show, but I don't think it is extremely great. It is a bit slow paced, but the mystery factor regarding the son seems to heat up in episode 4, when a huge detail about him is revealed.
Old 10-12-15, 01:16 AM

I finished up the season over the past week. I liked most of the storylines. The one storyline that didn't care for at all, involved the main character's mistress. There are a few cliffhangers in the finale
Old 12-18-15, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

TVLine - Hand of God renewed for Season 2

Man in the High Castle was also renewed for a second season.
Old 09-15-16, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Hand of God will end after season 2: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...end-run-929255
Old 09-15-16, 10:26 PM

and its not even returning till some time in 2017
Old 03-10-17, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

FYI

Season 2, the final season, was posted to Amazon today.

https://www.amazon.com/Hand-God-Seas...f+god+season+2

I guess no one is watching since this thread has barely had any activity since the 1st season.

I only saw the Pilot. Honestly, there's just too many streaming shows in addition to stuff on TV to try to follow. I like the cast here, but it's never been a priority show for me to try to watch.