TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Game of Thrones (S5E10) - Season Finale - "Mother's Mercy" - 6/14/15

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-15, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 195 Likes on 157 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones (S5E10) - Season Finale - "Mother's Mercy" - 6/14/15

Originally Posted by CRM114
Why would the Cersei actress use CGI? To hide imperfections or to hide her body in general? Her body surely looks something like that so why bother?

How can Melisandre make evil smoke babies but be so wrong about Stannis' fate - unless she actually knew his fate and thats why she bailed early.
A few possible reasons...Lena Headey was pregnant. Lena Headey has A LOT of tattoos that they would have to CGI out anyway. Or maybe she just didn't want to do it. That would be a difficult scene to shoot.

Melisandre is not infallible. She does have sight, but unfortunately for Shireen, she doesn't always correctly interpret what she has seen.
Old 06-15-15, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
Walk of shame went on a bit too long.
They could have cut away for a minute to touch base w/ Margaery...
Old 06-15-15, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by B.A.
They could have cut away for a minute to touch base w/ Margaery...
eagerly awaiting her long walk of shame
Old 06-15-15, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As for Lena Headey "not wanting to do it", what is CGI really hiding? Made her breasts better? Made her skinnier? Like I said, I'm pretty sure her body is similar to what was seen.

As for Melisandre, she was pretty convinced for a few seasons, well before the Shireen incident, that Stannis was going to be the victor in a bloody battle in the snow.
Old 06-15-15, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

As for Lena Headey "not wanting to do it", what is CGI really hiding? Made her breasts better? Made her skinnier? Like I said, I'm pretty sure her body is similar to what was seen.

As for Melisandre, she was pretty convinced for a few seasons, well before the Shireen incident, that Stannis was going to be the victor in a bloody battle in the snow.
That's not even close to being her for most of it. The body double did the majority of the scene.
Old 06-15-15, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,716 Likes on 1,069 Posts

Yep, any wide shot where you could see the goods didn't appear to be her.
Old 06-15-15, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

as if you've all seen Lena Headey's vag
Old 06-15-15, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this the first time that "“brother fucker” has been yelled in a TV show?
Old 06-15-15, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,716 Likes on 1,069 Posts

The dude that Arya kills - all he did was kill that swordsman guy, right? Pretty vicious murder for an ancillary character. I guess his acts with those girls enflamed things.
That "swordsman guy" was one of Arya's favorite people in the world.

I don't recall The Mountain's resurrection. Was the last time we saw him when he fought in the trial by combat?
He's been in Qyburn's lab since then. They had a few shots of him like under a tarp or something and Qyburn makes some cryptic remark that hints he's working on The Mountain.

Would, say, 10 feet of snow save a person jumping from that height? I don't think so. Maybe.
Here's a Russian jumping into snow from a 5 story building:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EksaafuZhl0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I remember tons of people were doing it in Boston too this last winter.
Old 06-15-15, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,038 Likes on 636 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
That's not even close to being her for most of it. The body double did the majority of the scene.
I just rewatched the episode. I was surprised to realize how much of that scene shows Cersei only from the shoulders up. There are many wider shots interspersed throughout--in which you can definitely tell they CGI'd her face onto another's body, or the shot is from behind--but a large part of the walk of shame is relatively close-up on Cersei's head and bare shoulders.
Old 06-15-15, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 195 Likes on 157 Posts

Her not wanting to do it was my speculation. Her being pregnant and having a shit ton of tattoos is not speculation.

I don't really remember how specifically Melisandre has talked about her actual visions on the show, but it's obvious at this point she was misinterpreting what she saw. In her point of view chapter in the fifth book, she was struggling to figure out what she was seeing. Her outward confidence is at least partially an act. I think Thoros of Mir as much as said in season 3 that he thought she misinterpreting what she was seeing.
Old 06-15-15, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

There have been stories of people falling from thousands of feet in the sky, and surviving by falling through branches/snow etc.
Old 06-15-15, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Kit Harrington was on some late night shows last week. His hair is still pretty long. It's not like he got a buzz cut. I actually took his hair length as a positive sign for his return. .
Nahh he is doing an ad campaign

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j...34484987619021

Old 06-15-15, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,207 Likes on 927 Posts

She was foolin' ya'll!
Old 06-15-15, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If you watched carefully Olaf the snowman jumped off before them.
Old 06-15-15, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't really remember how specifically Melisandre has talked about her actual visions on the show, but it's obvious at this point she was misinterpreting what she saw. In her point of view chapter in the fifth book, she was struggling to figure out what she was seeing. Her outward confidence is at least partially an act. I think Thoros of Mir as much as said in season 3 that he thought she misinterpreting what she was seeing.
Oh, she's seeing correctly - Bolton banners being lowered.

It just wasn't Stannis doing it

Last edited by Shazam; 06-15-15 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-15-15, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,034 Likes on 1,572 Posts

Wasn't the news report during filming that they Croatian church they were filming at wouldn't let them film the scene with a nude woman walking through the streets? I wonder if that's why we get more shoulders and up scenes (besides allowing for more emotion). Or did they eventually work that out?
Old 06-15-15, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Kit Harrington was on some late night shows last week. His hair is still pretty long. It's not like he got a buzz cut. I actually took his hair length as a positive sign for his return.

The question I have is why kill Jon after you let a bunch of Wildlings through the gate? Why even open the gate to begin with? Now, you have them all on your side of the wall, and you've murdered the only person in black that they somewhat trust. Killing Jon is somewhat short-sighted. Of course the same issue exists in the book.

I was disappointed that they had Alliser Thorne do it though. I always viewed Thorne as an asshole, but not a treasonous asshole.
Especially after Jon made him first ranger instead of fucking him over. I really thought at that point that Thorne realized Jon was an asset to the watch.

Having said that I think GRRM is degenerating into an asshole and I bet the show ends up being better than the books. Unless you like the cooking channel.
Old 06-15-15, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 72 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
Stop it, I can't stand it when people push this theory. Syrio and Jaqen are NOT the same person.

Syrio was going to kill or be killed in his confrontation with Meryn Trant. He wasn't going to surrender or run away, nor was Trant going to take him prisoner. Syrio, while a very talented swordsman, was fighting with a broken stick and no armor, while Trant is a Kingsguard (has to be a great swordsman) wearing full armor and has his broadsword.

Trant walked away from that encounter, Syrio didn't. He's dead.
It is very possible that Meryn killed Syrio. I will grant that. If Meryn did kill Syrio, Arya should have been justified in avenging his death. But Jaqen H'ghar said that Arya had taken the wrong life and only death can pay for life. It could be that Jaqen meant Arya isn't Arya anymore and shouldn't seek out old grievances or that she was to kill the gambler guy but it could also mean Meryn didn't kill Syrio so she shouldn't have killed him. I interpret it one way, you can interpret it another. If I don't see the body or head on a spike, I will not assume the person is dead and even then we have FrankenMountain and Beric Dondarrion coming back.
We don't know how or why Jaqen ended up in the cells. It could have all been a plan to recruit Arya.

Last edited by chowderhead; 06-15-15 at 03:37 PM.
Old 06-15-15, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Draven
That "swordsman guy" was one of Arya's favorite people in the world.

He's been in Qyburn's lab since then. They had a few shots of him like under a tarp or something and Qyburn makes some cryptic remark that hints he's working on The Mountain.

Here's a Russian jumping into snow from a 5 story building:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EksaafuZhl0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I remember tons of people were doing it in Boston too this last winter.
"Literature discussing the use of parachute troops is published. The concept is considered amusing in most countries but is taken seriously in Germany and in Russia. The Russians practice dropping troops from airplanes in deep snow without parachutes. There are few injuries from shock, but too many fatalities from suffocation. The concept is abandoned"
Old 06-15-15, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chowderhead
It is very possible that Meryn killed Syrio. I will grant that. If Meryn did kill Syrio, Arya should have been justified in avenging his death. But Jaqen H'ghar said that Arya had taken the wrong life and only death can pay for life. It could be that Jaqen meant Arya isn't Arya anymore and shouldn't seek out old grievances or that she was to kill the gambler guy but it could also mean Meryn didn't kill Syrio so she shouldn't have killed him. I interpret it one way, you can interpret it another. If I don't see the body or head on a spike, I will not assume the person is dead and even then we have FrankenMountain and Beric Dondarrion coming back.
We don't know how or why Jaqen ended up in the cells. It could have all been a plan to recruit Arya.
Arya's task was to kill the thin man (the guy at the desk). She instead spent her time killing Meryn. That's what she got in trouble for.
Old 06-15-15, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,047 Likes on 739 Posts

So, who actually drank the poison and died, since it wasn't Jaqen?

Seems like it would be tough to get somebody to volunteer to do that.
Old 06-15-15, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,349 Likes on 4,342 Posts

Originally Posted by andicus
So, who actually drank the poison and died, since it wasn't Jaqen?

Seems like it would be tough to get somebody to volunteer to do that.
It was No One. But I think it was the No One who we've come to know a Jaqen... if that makes sense.
Old 06-15-15, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 72 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Shazam
Arya's task was to kill the thin man (the guy at the desk). She instead spent her time killing Meryn. That's what she got in trouble for.
Jaqen told her to go to the docks and see what she finds. She found the gambling man and told him about the man. But Arya also found Meryn a few days later. Seems strange the Many-Faced God doesn't allow them to multi-task.

Last edited by chowderhead; 06-15-15 at 03:51 PM.
Old 06-15-15, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
She was foolin' ya'll!
Originally Posted by Shazam
Oh, she's seeing correctly - Bolton banners being lowered.

It just wasn't Stannis doing it
This is all I recall her saying; that she saw visions of the Bolton's losing and just presumed Stannis was the one that does it. I don't think there's any reason to think she was deliberately tricking Stannis, that seems silly to me.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.