Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Pretty Little Liars (Freeform) -- Season 6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-15, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Pretty Little Liars (S6E07) -- "O Brother, Where Art Thou" -- 7/21/15

IT'S AN UNHAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR THE DILAURENTIS' IN AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF "PRETTY LITTLE LIARS," AIRING TUESDAY, JULY 21st AT 8:00 PM ET/PT ON ABC FAMILY

Charles prepares for a homecoming on his birthday in "O Brother, Where Art Thou," an all-new episode of ABC Family's hit original series "Pretty Little Liars," airing Tuesday, July 21st (8:00 - 9:00 PM ET/PT).

There are mixed emotions in the DiLaurentis household when Charles declares he is coming home for his birthday. Mr. DiLaurentis wants to quickly get out of town to hide Ali and Jason from their brother, while Jason sees this as an opportunity to finally validate all of the early childhood memories he has of "Charlie." The PLLs are just as split with Spencer and Hanna seeing this as the best chance they have to capture Charles, while Emily and Aria want to stay as far from him as possible. Will Jason be reunited with his brother, or is this just another of "A's" traps?

Meanwhile, Mona is shutting Mike out and Hanna gets an unwelcomed surprise.

Episode 7 of 20

3 more episodes left this summer after tonight
Old 07-23-15, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Pretty Little Liars (S6E07) -- "O Brother, Where Art Thou" -- 7/21/15

Ok episode. Ali's dad is still probably hiding a lot and I have the feeling that something horrible will happen to him by the end of series. I laughed on the microchip stuff.
Old 07-24-15, 10:01 PM

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

The people who make the show have clearly never smoked marijuana before.
Old 07-26-15, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Re: Pretty Little Liars (S6E06) -- "No Stone Unturned" -- 7/14/15

How is it that there are so many lesbians that just turn up? That was such a random kiss and makeout scene. A total copout. I mean, is there a girl that Emily does not get? Is Emily that hot that she can turn anyone?

This whole season (Sara is just awful) and really ever since Ali came back (she is just hard to watch) had made this series unbearable at times. I am just waiting to see who Charles is and then maybe bounce out once they get to that 5 or 10 year jump, whatever it is.
Old 07-26-15, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by jacob_b
How is it that there are so many lesbians that just turn up? That was such a random kiss and makeout scene. A total copout. I mean, is there a girl that Emily does not get? Is Emily that hot that she can turn anyone?

Uhh, Yes.

But yes you're not only. People on the PLL Facebook page have been expressing their annoyance with Emily hooking up with almost every Lesbian that comes to Rosewood.
Old 07-27-15, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya

Uhh, Yes.

But yes you're not only. People on the PLL Facebook page have been expressing their annoyance with Emily hooking up with almost every Lesbian that comes to Rosewood.
Well, if you are a girl who isn't a lesbian, then your answer will prove me wrong. However, if you are a guy, then it doesn't count because we men are pigs that would say if we were chicks we would make out with women anyways lol. To me, she isn't even the hottest on the show and her character is getting quite annoying.

It would be nice if one of the characters weren't always hooking up with people.

And by the way, where the hell is Mike? Since Mona is back, shouldn't Mike be happy and showing up???
Old 07-27-15, 05:12 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

And by the way, where the hell is Mike? Since Mona is back, shouldn't Mike be happy and showing up???
You'll have something to look forward to in last week's episode.
Old 07-28-15, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
You'll have something to look forward to in last week's episode.
Good to know. I will probably watch that on Wednesday so I can binge on that and the newest episode. This isn't must watch TV anymore for me, sadly.
Old 07-28-15, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Pretty Little Liars (S6E08) -- "FrAmed" -- 7/28/15

After their latest run-in with Charles, tensions are at an all-time high with the PLLs and the town of Rosewood. Aria's big moment of seeing her work displayed in an art gallery is in jeopardy as Ella is determined to keep her safe at home. Hanna is still uncomfortable with the unexpected scholarship money and is determined to give it back, even if that means ruining her chances at going to her school of choice. And to top it off, the one normal high-school rite of passage the girls are looking forward to is in danger as Rosewood High is considering not letting the PLLs attend prom due to security issues.

Meanwhile, the more Alison learns about her brother the harder she finds it to connect a deranged murderer to the young blonde haired boy she sees in the photos and in her memories.

Episode 8 of 20

I just noticed the PLL Facebook page has 13M likes. Holy crap. Some much better shows don't even have 1M.
Old 07-28-15, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts
Re: Pretty Little Liars (S6E08) -- "FrAmed" -- 7/28/15

PLL has always pushed their social media outreach since the very beginning. It's the most popular television show on Twitter or something. That is what you get from a show aimed at a large female teen audience.
Old 07-29-15, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DaveWadding
The people who make the show have clearly never smoked marijuana before.
They clearly have never done a lot of stuff before...
Old 07-29-15, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
PLL has always pushed their social media outreach since the very beginning. It's the most popular television show on Twitter or something. That is what you get from a show aimed at a large female teen audience.
Pretty much. And guys watch for the hot chicks. It's a show aimed at teenagers and young adults who love using the internet. It's still a bit shocking it gets that many Twitter hits and social media plugs (there are dozens of shows that hit the same demographic) but hey, Walking Dead is a break out hit as well and that is a head scratchier as well sometimes.
Old 07-29-15, 07:50 AM

I liked this episode, in PLL fashion, it's in the last episodes of a split season that things heat up. The scholarship guy is probably another red herring. I did like the photo switch at Aria's event. I somehow have the feeling that the detective will end up dying. The guy playing Lorenzo is a bit dull and something about his voice is annoying.

PLL and ABC Family have used social media quite well. Their FB page posts stuff almost daily. There have been several special PLL hashtags that trended on twitter for more than 24 hours. When Mona's "death" happenend, #RIPMona trended over 24 hours. I think the Charles stuff from the season 5 finale trended quite a bit, but not 24 hours.
Old 07-29-15, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Reese, or however you spell it, was the person that switched the photos, right? And I thought CeCe was already shown to be red coat. Is it still her or is it Sarah? Next two weeks are going to be great.
Old 07-29-15, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So Red Coat and A are working together? And whatever happened to Team A or whatever it was called with Lucas/Mona/Melissa/etc.
Old 08-04-15, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Pretty Little Liars (S6E09) -- "Last Dance" -- 8/4/15

PROM NIGHT WON'T BE THE BEST NIGHT OF THE PLLS' LIVES IN AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF "PRETTY LITTLE LIARS," AIRING TUESDAY, AUGUST 4th AT 8:00 PM ET/PT ON ABC FAMILY

Burbank, CA (June 17, 2015) - Charles has big plans for the Rosewood High School prom in "Last Dance," an all-new episode of ABC Family's hit original series "Pretty Little Liars," airing Tuesday, August 4th (8:00 - 9:00 PM ET/PT).

It is prom time at Rosewood High, except for Alison, Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer who have been banned due to "security" concerns. As the girls see this as the final humiliating blow to their high school careers, the girls' mothers try to make the best of a bad situation by offering a home prom in Spencer's barn. At first reluctant, the PLLs agree and try to make the best out of a bad situation. But one to never miss a formal, Charles has other plans in store to make this a night they will never forget.

Meanwhile, Veronica, Pam, Ashley and Ella use prom night to touch base on everything that has happened to their daughters.
Episode 9 of 20

Next week is the summer finale
Old 08-05-15, 11:09 PM

Re: Pretty Little Liars (S6E09) -- "Last Dance" -- 8/4/15

Pretty much the ultimate filler episode, but it was great seeing the Pretty Older Liars striking out on a drunken adventure.
Old 08-05-15, 11:10 PM

Re: Pretty Little Liars (S6E09) -- "Last Dance" -- 8/4/15

Decent episode. I actually like the scenes of the mothers talking about the DiLaurentis family and the later scene of them going over there and ending up trapped in the basement.

The liars at the prom was kind of a let down especially since they kept drilling that the school didn't want them there. I wasn't too surprised about Clarke being a undercover cop.

I also have the feeling that Charles did something to Ali's dad or has him held somewhere.
Old 08-11-15, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Pretty Little Liars (S6E10) -- Summer Finale -- "Game Over Charles" -- 8/11/15

"A" is revealed, and all of the questions are answered, in "Game Over Charles," the summer finale of ABC Family's hit original series "Pretty Little Liars," airing Tuesday, August 11th (8:00 - 9:00 PM ET/PT).

Who killed Toby's mother? Who hit Alison in the head with the rock the night she went missing? Who is Red Coat? Who killed Bethany? Who is the Black Widow? Why has "A" been targeting the PLLs all this time? After years of torture, Alison, Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer finally come face-to-face with their tormentor and learn the story of how and why Charles became "A."

Episode 10 of 20

Last episode of the summer. Will return this Winter. Probably early 2016
Old 08-11-15, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Pretty Little Liars (S6E10) -- Summer Finale -- "Game Over Charles" -- 8/11/15

That episode was terrible. I am so hacked off I don't even know where to start with my list of complaints.
Old 08-11-15, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Pretty Little Liars (S6E10) -- Summer Finale -- "Game Over Charles" -- 8/11/15

Wow, 5-year time jump when the show returns.

At least now the girls are playing close to their real ages.

I don't know that finale was kind of all over the place. They tried to cram in so much in 44 minutes. Interesting that it was written and directed by the creator of Pretty Little Liars.

at the whole CeCe/Charles transgender thing. That was just weird. They tried to tie up a lot of the loose ends from previous seasons and fill in a lot of blanks. But, the ending was kind of lame. Game over? really? So WTF happened to CeCe now? I felt like they were using stuff they made up to fill plot holes.

I just realized it tonight, but the actress who plays CeCe (Vanessa Ray) also plays Eddie Jenko, Jamie's partner on Blue Bloods.

The ending with the girls all going their separate ways off to college could have actually worked as a series finale had they not tacked on the epilogue.

I just checked the PLL Facebook page and there are quite a few unhappy people.

Last edited by DJariya; 08-11-15 at 11:06 PM.
Old 08-12-15, 12:27 AM

I nailed it.
Old 08-12-15, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I know people wanted Wren, but that too made no sense. A lot of people called the transgender storyline, what, last finale or something? Then Marlene said it wasn't that and boom, what do you know. My biggest issue is how a boy goes to looking like CeCe just like that? How did Mona come up with the game (did she go to Radley right after killing Bethany?). And people are pissed at how much Sara was involved in the plot. And whatever happened to Team A anyways? Still a lot of questions. And let's not forget Toby's mom HA HA. Eh, it at least semi made sense and I can finally stop watching the show as I don't care about the 5 year time jump.
Old 08-12-15, 07:27 AM

I know people wanted Wren, but that too made no sense. A lot of people called the transgender storyline, what, last finale or something? Then Marlene said it wasn't that and boom, what do you know. My biggest issue is how a boy goes to looking like CeCe just like that? How did Mona come up with the game (did she go to Radley right after killing Bethany?). And people are pissed at how much Sara was involved in the plot. And whatever happened to Team A anyways? Still a lot of questions. And let's not forget Toby's mom HA HA. Eh, it at least semi made sense and I can finally stop watching the show as I don't care about the 5 year time jump.
I remember that. But I figured out it would be true, because one of the writers favorited a tweet about a transgender theory. Marlene jerks around her viewers on social media, much like how Ryan Murphy did during Glee.

There are plot holes with Cece bring trans. A friend of mine works in the medical field with trans patients. She watches PLL and saw the trans theories months ago and said it wouldn't be believable because many don't pass well. With TV shows, liberties are always taken when it comes to various phyiscal and mental health issues.

There was a major continuity error with Toby's mom because she was shown IIRC in past season, in a flashback, in which she was alive but Ali and Toby were already teenagers and then in this finale, she is killed when Cece/Charles was a child.

Last edited by writer106; 08-12-15 at 07:43 AM.
Old 08-12-15, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk God

You sure? There's only 30 more episodes left before the series wraps for good. I've made it this far and yeah the show has gone off the rails and then some, but I need to see how it ends.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.