Search this Thread

Old 06-25-20, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,941 Likes on 1,502 Posts
Re: Commercials you absolutely f&*$ing HATE

Originally Posted by Red Hood
Here’s probably one of the worst commercials of all time. Stay till the end

https://twitter.com/baragodzilla/sta...716782080?s=21
Finally watched this commercial. I still can't tell if this is supposed to be serious or ironic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ms._Monopoly

This is a variation of the game Monopoly, so only differences from standard gameplay will be listed. Female players get $1,900 at the start of the game, and male players get $1,500. When passing "Go", female players get $240, while male players only get the standard $200 as in the normal game.[1][2] In addition, the game differs from regular Monopoly in that properties are replaced by inventions women created or contributed to, including Wi-Fi, to which Hedy Lamarr and Radia Perlman contributed;[3] modern shapewear by Spanx founder Sara Blakely;[4][5] and chocolate chip cookies, invented by Ruth Graves Wakefield.[6] Tokens have been replaced with new ones: a notebook and pen, a jet, a glass, a watch, a barbell, and Ms. Monopoly's white hat.[7] Chance and Community Chest cards also provide different payouts for men and women. Sometimes the payout is higher for women and sometimes for men.[8] Jail and luxury taxes are maintained from the regular game.[1]
If it's a joke, I don't get why it's funny. I understand the gender wage gap, I just don't understand the point in this. If this were just regular monopoly but with the inventions, I think it would be ok, but the increased payout due to gender?
Old 06-26-20, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Yes, it's an absolutely hateable commercial.
I don't know if it's hateable as much as it is exceedingly realistic to close to the way HOA Nazi's really are. I would never live where there is a HOA in California they are evil. As bad or worse as reality
Old 06-26-20, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Perdue, Keep Cookin' - Less a commercial I hate but a song I hate in the commercial...

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=298881488179249
Old 06-26-20, 09:02 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

Ask your doctor about (any new drug). I'm sick of the pharmaceutical industry constantly peddling new shit to the sheeple. And have you listened to the list of side effects inevitable in them all? Christ on a crutch, the side effects are most often worse than the ailment they're trying to relieve. Notice I said relieve, not cure. The ailment might be unpleasant but the side effects of the drug might KILL YOU. I hate those fucking drug commercials! Always a bunch of smiling, laughing people having such a good time with life, all because of this new drug. Bullshit...
Old 06-27-20, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

The Capilis laser cap commercial gets on my nerves because of that one hideous woman with awful sunwithered skin. Normally I would not attack someone on their looks but it really doesn't help to have a commercial actress who looks like a monster, and judging by her hair she doesn't even need the damn thing.
Old 07-09-20, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,202 Likes on 4,229 Posts

My apologies if this one was already posted. Checking You Tube it’s apparently a year old. Just saw it for the first time when my wife was watching Bravo (which she does all the time but usually I am in another room). Truly horrifying ad.

Old 07-18-20, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

"Safe drivers save 40 percent! That's him! That's totally 'safe drivers save 40 percent'!" Is this supposed to be funny?
Old 07-18-20, 09:47 PM

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
"Safe drivers save 40 percent! That's him! That's totally 'safe drivers save 40 percent'!" Is this supposed to be funny?
Dennis Haysbert must be thinking, "I know I can get that second beach house now, but is it worth doing this shit?"
Old 07-19-20, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,211 Likes on 2,071 Posts

If only they had gotten him that live chicken instead of the bucket of KFC, he wouldn’t have to be doing those commercials now.
Old 08-25-20, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 724 Likes on 590 Posts

Probably the worst commercial on the air.

Nails on the chalkboard material

If you like this I hate you

The following users liked this post:
Michael Corvin (08-27-20)
Old 08-25-20, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Idina should play Kimberly Guilfoyle on SNL.
Old 08-25-20, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaE8YOF-gLA
I liked this one the first time I saw it. Sorry!

I hate the ones where they get random people (maybe they're internet celebrities or something) tasting sandwiches and talking about it. Burger King has one and Popeyes has one.
Old 08-26-20, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

I'd take this over the Sonic commercials.
Old 08-26-20, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I absolutely can't stand the Goli apple cider vinegar gummie commercial just for that asshole who declines an offer of cake and then celebrates like he resisted some great temptation.

The redhead is cute, though.
Old 08-27-20, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I was going to mention this ad too. Glad I'm not the only one who hates it. I plug my ears as soon as she starts singing.
The following users liked this post:
JeffTheAlpaca (08-27-20)
Old 10-17-20, 02:14 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

The one with Snoop answering the shell phone on the beach might be the worst commercial I have ever seen.
Old 11-03-20, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 332 Likes on 175 Posts

I've probably mentioned this before, but now that all the terrible political ads are over (thank god), we get the Christmas "Everyone gets a new car" ads.
Old 11-08-20, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Maybe "hate" is too strong of a word, but that Macy's commercial in which the girl tries to figure out what to buy her dad for Christmas is just not realistic. He doesn't want socks; today's dad wants the same thing you want, kid - a new game console!

On the other hand, he's just going to get it this week if he can. But there's always a new game - perhaps Cyberpunk if it doesn't get delayed again. Although he'll probably get that on release date too.
Old 11-08-20, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

I saw for the first time this season the one where the guy buys two pickups, probably $150k worth of cars and gives one to his wife and then like a jerk let’s her take his.
Old 11-08-20, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by sportsfan64
I've probably mentioned this before, but now that all the terrible political ads are over (thank god), we get the Christmas "Everyone gets a new car" ads.
Saw that one last night with my kids and pointed it out. Why do car companies think this is enough of a thing to make it their ode to Christmas?
Old 11-08-20, 02:24 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
I saw for the first time this season the one where the guy buys two pickups, probably $150k worth of cars and gives one to his wife and then like a jerk let’s her take his.
Oh I hate that one. And to top it off, look at the house they live in. It's like they purposely set out to make a commercial that only the 1% can relate to yet I see it all the time. I really don't understand why they think that's a good marketing tactic.

I also hate that Lincoln one with Matthew McConaughey doing a voice over that starts with "Knowing who we are is hard. It's hard!" So pretentious. (Of course, a ton of car commercials are like that for some reason.)
Old 11-08-20, 05:50 PM

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
He's already a jerk for owning a pickup...
Old 11-09-20, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

On that annoying "one for you..one for me" GMC commercial, do they replace the vehicles every year with the new models or are they showing old ones? I know that commercial is at least 3 years old. I suppose they could CGI the new model year car in, but that sounds expensive.
Old 11-09-20, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Infusion07
Oh I hate that one. And to top it off, look at the house they live in. It's like they purposely set out to make a commercial that only the 1% can relate to yet I see it all the time. I really don't understand why they think that's a good marketing tactic.

I also hate that Lincoln one with Matthew McConaughey doing a voice over that starts with "Knowing who we are is hard. It's hard!" So pretentious. (Of course, a ton of car commercials are like that for some reason.)
I feel like the majority of car commercials are for cars that most people will never buy, at least not new, and definitely not two of them.

Even for people that could afford them, I'd say if you bought a car for your wife, drove it off the lot and didn't consult her first, there would be hell to pay unless the amount is just a drop in the bucket for your finances. "You bought a freaking car without me? I need to see your private bank account now!"

Of course I'm also not spending thousands of dollars for jewelry for Mother's Day so maybe I'm just a lot poorer than most people.
Old 11-09-20, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Not a fan of most of those Baker Mayfield Progressive at home Commercials.
But maybe most like them because they keep making more.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.