Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Modern Family (S6E18) - "Spring Break" - 3/25/15

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-15, 08:42 AM

Received 4,581 Likes on 3,101 Posts
Modern Family (S6E18) - "Spring Break" - 3/25/15

HALEY WANTS ALEX TO LET LOOSE AND HAVE A FUN SPRING BREAK, BUT WILL SHE DO TOO GOOD OF A JOB?, ON ABC'S "MODERN FAMILY"

"Spring Break" - Spring break has Claire doing some spring cleaning, while Phil struggles with not being a spring chicken when Luke starts outperforming him at seemingly everything. Haley takes Alex to a music festival to take her mind off of colleges, and Gloria and Jay challenge one another to give up Spanish soap operas and cigars respectively. However, when Gloria accompanies Cameron to his faculty talent show, she projects the soapy drama she craves onto Cam's rivalry with Senor Kaplan, and Jay tags along with Mitchell to pick up Lily from camp so he can sneak a smoke, on "Modern Family," WEDNESDAY, MARCH 25 (9:00-9:31 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.
Old 03-25-15, 08:35 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Re: Modern Family (S6E18) - "Spring Break" - 3/25/15

"Stupid Harvard, she didn't get into Princeton either?"

The Phil/Luke stuff was gold as it usually is, and the Cam and Gloria stuff was good as well.
Old 03-26-15, 02:52 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts

This was the first time "grown up" Luke seemed natural, IMO. I think the writers have had a hard time dealing with how much he grew up over the off-season.

Love when Luke was sitting in the doctor's office with Phil telling Phil "Ican't help it if you're jealous of my banjorial and tamporial skills."
Old 03-26-15, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Phil and Luke are great. It's not as fun as it was when Luke was younger but I think they did a good job overall of making a likable teenage Luke. I like that he's great with girls but at the same time very insecure. It's more realistic than your stereotypical TV high school kid. I hope he ends up scoring with the neighbor girl.

The "Stupid Harvard" joke was great. My guess is that Alex will get into Princeton but will decide to go to a school near home. That way they can keep her on the show.

Originally Posted by Sigh
I didn't understand the last joke/scene. Phil hugged Claire and said still got it???
When he hugged her he unhooked her bra over her shirt.