Marvel's Agent Carter (S1E07) -- "Snafu" -- 2/17/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 02-17-15, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

PEGGY FACES THE END WHEN LEVIATHAN STRIKES ON "MARVEL'S AGENT CARTER" ON ABC

"Snafu" - Peggy is cornered and more vulnerable than ever as Leviathan makes their move against her. As the SSR zeroes in on Howard Stark, they may pay the ultimate price as they find their true enemy is closer than they realized on "Marvel's Agent Carter," TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 17 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agent Carter" stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter, James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis, Chad Michael Murray as Agent Jack Thompson, Enver Gjokaj as Agent Daniel Sousa and Shea Whigham as Chief Roger Dooley.

"Marvel's Agent Carter" stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter, James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis, Chad Michael Murray as Agent Jack Thompson, Enver Gjokaj as Agent Daniel Sousa and Shea Whigham as Chief Roger Dooley.

Guest starring are Ralph Brown as Dr. Ivchenko, Bridget Regan as Dottie Underwood, Kevin Cotteleer as Alex Doobin, Lesley Boone as Rose, Travis Johns as Agent Corcoran, Sarah Bloom as Loretta, Lincoln Melcher as Emmett, Madonna Cacciatore as Ovechkin's Mom, Rob Locke as Surgeon, Pawal Szajda as Ovechkin, Lisa Pescherine as Female Salesclerk, Sandra Gimpel as Elderly Woman, Chris Palermo as Middle-Aged Man, Diana Gettinger as Movie Usherette, and Mary Beth Manning as Woman.

"Snafu" was written by Chris Dingess and directed by Vincent Misiano.

Episode 7 of 8
Old 02-17-15, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agent Carter (S1E07) -- "Snafu" -- 2/17/15

I feel like this show started off really strong and then hit a bit of a rough patch in the middle but the last episode and this one are ending it on a strong note.

Thought it was cool seeing "Black Widow" ricocheting down the stairway to escape. I was actually kinda bummed to see the Chief die, but I like that he went out like a man. Hard to believe there's only one episode left to wrap everything up.

I loved Enver Gjokaj in Dollhouse, but can't help feel that his talents are wasted being relegated to such a limited role here. I was glad to see him featured more heavily in these past two episodes though.
Old 02-18-15, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Really liked this episode. Chief giving his life for team was pretty ballsy. Didn't care for the part where the agent had Dotty dead to rights but didn't fire. I guess it would be believable for him to underestimate her even after being warned and seeing go down a stair shaft like a ninja.

I don't see how they will wrap this up in one episode. I'll hope for the best.
Old 02-18-15, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

The chief's death scene was done pretty well but sad to see, especially with everything about his family. I really enjoyed how everything has come together, and also glad to see that Steve's blood wasn't the end goal.
Old 02-18-15, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Am I misremembering or didn't Dottie swap out the blood when she "knocked out" Carter?
Old 02-18-15, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Originally Posted by kstublen View Post
I feel like this show started off really strong and then hit a bit of a rough patch in the middle but the last episode and this one are ending it on a strong note.
My feelings towards this show exactly. It started off great but really was dragging in the middle and back to full fun. I just got tired of that heavy handed message that no one listens to Carter blah blah blah.
Old 02-18-15, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton View Post
My feelings towards this show exactly. It started off great but really was dragging in the middle and back to full fun. I just got tired of that heavy handed message that no one listens to Carter blah blah blah.
But it had a great payoff when chief asked how could she do all these things, and her reply of no one notices me.

The heated armor reminded me of a prototype of Extremis.
Old 02-18-15, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
It reminded me of an electric blanket.
Old 02-18-15, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Damn. I was hoping to see Winter Soldier in this. Maybe next year.
Old 02-18-15, 02:12 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kstublen View Post
I actually had a different reaction... the first few episodes were nice but the show didn't really start to engage me until about episode 4 and has progressively gotten better for me each episode since.
Old 02-18-15, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Glad the Chief is gone. Never liked him. The Russian with his Jedi mind tricks is getting old, so I hope his story is done in the finale. I wonder if we'll have to wait until next January for another 8 episodes or if this will become a full-length series in the fall.
Old 02-18-15, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tom Creo View Post
Damn. I was hoping to see Winter Soldier in this. Maybe next year.
Will there be a next year?
Old 02-19-15, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
Why didn't Stark destroy that? The only explanation of why something as dangerous as it was would exist was that he was trying to use it as a stepping stone towards a functional version, but why on Earth would he keep such a dangerous thing around? I get that he was hiding it because he didn't want it stolen, but if I found out something so destructive existed, I'd dismantle it. Not in the least because it could explode while I was keeping it underneath my house.

This show got off to a slow start, but these last few episodes have been cooking with gas, the Dottie-Peggy showdown in the finale should prove to be fun.

Though the chief has been something of an asshole, they did a nice job of making him sympathetic and making his death have impact.

Hats off to Gabriel Berstein's digital cinematography, it and the period production design give this show a sleek look. Very high production values.

Peggy's line about no one paying any attention to her was fantastic. Well-played.

She and Jarvis' rapport was hilarious.
Old 02-19-15, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

I'm pretty happy that Peggy got to tell off everyone about them not paying attention to her.
Old 02-19-15, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

so this is sort of disappointing. i thought we were going to see her rise up and be in charge of/start SHIELD. Now it looks like nothing is going to be resolved.
Old 02-19-15, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
so this is sort of disappointing. i thought we were going to see her rise up and be in charge of/start SHIELD. Now it looks like nothing is going to be resolved.
Stark and Peggy starting SHIELD happens after she clears Stark's name. We're not to that point yet.

The Winter Soldier didn't come about until 1954. That is when he was revived and given the bionic arm. The Russian sub had found him in 1945 while searching for CA. So it may be several seasons before we see him.

Then again I'm not a Marvel guru, it's just what I've picked up after getting into the movies.
Old 02-19-15, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by barelypure View Post
Stark and Peggy starting SHIELD happens after she clears Stark's name. We're not to that point yet.

The Winter Soldier didn't come about until 1954. That is when he was revived and given the bionic arm. The Russian sub had found him in 1945 while searching for CA. So it may be several seasons before we see him.

Then again I'm not a Marvel guru, it's just what I've picked up after getting into the movies.
There was some speculation that each season of Agent Carter would take place in a different decade, so season two happening in 1954 wouldn't be out of the question.
Old 02-20-15, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Things I liked:
Peggy's interrogation, her assessment of how each of the three men viewed her, and her reveal to them about why she was able to do all these things under the radar
The guilt Peggy felt, for the first agent dying and then the chief, and then the realization that hey, Howard Stark is kinda to blame too for all this too.
It was kind of left up in the air why Leviathan tipped their hand about their secret base, and Peggy realizing that it was all to get let the doctor infiltrate them was a good moment

Things I didn't like:
While a dramatic moment, the chief sure timed that really well, didn't he?
I know they had no way of knowing he could hypnotize the chief, but at least tell the other agents that the doctor is under suspicion and keep him under lock and key, especially if you actually believe Peggy!
This is more due to fan speculation and overthinking, but I'm a little disappointed that the crippled agent and Fonseca's characters aren't more than they seemed on the surface. Actually, when that agent had the Russian agent dead to rights, I was half expecting him to be a double agent too, but sadly no.

Things I'm confused about:
Does this gas tie into that mysterious battle during the war?
Can someone explain to me what the plot was for the destructive devices and the two guys who couldn't talk early in the show? I realize Leviathan is involved in all of that and part of the end goal was getting Stark's inventions, but it's really fuzzy to me exactly how it all tied together. Unless that part isn't revealed yet or something.
Old 02-20-15, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138 View Post
She and Jarvis' rapport was hilarious.
Agreed.

to Ms. Atwell for keeping a straight face during the escape discussion with Jarvis - right before they smashed the observation glass in the room where they were detained.
Old 02-22-15, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
There was some speculation that each season of Agent Carter would take place in a different decade, so season two happening in 1954 wouldn't be out of the question.
A different decade per season would be cool as they have done a great job with the production and set design on the show.

I love Hayley Atwell in the role, so I hope they bring it back for more.

Also - they did a good job of casting Dottie.