Constantine (S1E10) -- "Quid Pro Quo" -- 1/23/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-23-15, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

"QUID PRO QUO"

01/23/2015 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Friday) : CHAS FACES A PARENT'S WORST NIGHTMARE -- MARK MARGOLIS GUEST STARS AS 'FELIX FAUST' -- ?Thousands of people across Brooklyn have slipped into a mysterious coma, including Chas' (Charles Halford) daughter. John (Matt Ryan) must find and defeat the evil behind it before it consumes the city. Angélica Celaya also stars. TV-14 LV

Episode 10 of 13
Old 01-23-15, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Constantine (S1E10) -- "Quid Pro Quo" -- 1/23/15

So... Did this show get renewed?
Old 01-23-15, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp View Post
So... Did this show get renewed?
Not yet, and it's not looking like it's going to happen.
Old 01-24-15, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Really liked this episode. I've been wanting a Chas episode. I also loved how Chas saved the day by blowing himself up with the evil wizard guy.
Old 01-24-15, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

It is a shame when a show starts off poorly and gets canned just as it is really starting to fire on all cylinders. Correct some of the network's awkward scheduling choices (airing episodes out of order, front loading the lesser episodes, placing the major two-part story line as bookends for a holiday hiatus AND coming back in a different time slot) and this would have turned out differently.

Any chances of somebody else picking it up? SyFy, Netflix, or Amazon maybe? Or will the licensing rights prevent that?

I listened to a podcast this week that mentioned an interview with a network exec. He said something along the lines of "We jumped on the superhero bandwagon and put too much faith in it." That statement tells me they never understood the property or how to properly utilize it.
Old 01-24-15, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This was the best episode of the season, it should have been near the beginning when people were still paying attention. Felix Faust should have been wearing a costume of some kind.

The show is dead on NBC, that much is certain. There is always a slim chance some streaming service picks it up, there probably is an audience for it. Changing actresses after the pilot indicated the executives were unsure of what direction to go with this property. The way it was written screams executives were demanding Supernatural with a British lead.
Old 01-24-15, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

It did get a ratings bump with this episode, but yeeeeeeah, I don't foresee this coming back. I really did like the episode though.
Old 01-24-15, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This was a great episode, and even if it is cancelled at least the show seems to be going out on a high note. It filled in a lot of gaps that could have potentially gone unfilled if the show simply ended without any advance notice (Chas' backstory, and reason why Zed is so skeeved out by her dad).
Old 01-25-15, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope for a save from NBC, like Hannibal got. Hannibal is kind of their artsy baby. While Constantine is really good, it's not as unique.

Are they going to finish the "rising darkness" plot? Or is that meant to be a series-long thing? I hate when I watch a show and it gets dumped without finishing a plotline.
Old 01-29-15, 02:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Easter Egg Alert:
On the table I saw a RED JAR, a SILVER WHEEL, and a GREEN BELL.
Those 3 item housed the Demons 3: Abnegazer, Rath, and Ghast.
Old 01-29-15, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Troy Stiffler View Post
I hope for a save from NBC, like Hannibal got. Hannibal is kind of their artsy baby. While Constantine is really good, it's not as unique.

Are they going to finish the "rising darkness" plot? Or is that meant to be a series-long thing? I hate when I watch a show and it gets dumped without finishing a plotline.
Hannibal has serious critical acclaim within the industry. Constantine is just another cheap genre show they stuck on Friday. Constantine will need another net to save it.