Reload this Page >

Gotham (S1E13) -- "Welcome Back Jim Gordon" -- 1/26/15

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-26-15, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

THE SUDDEN DEATH OF A KEY WITNESS HAS GORDON SUSPICIOUS ON AN ALL-NEW "GOTHAM" MONDAY, JANUARY 26, ON FOX

When the key witness in a homicide ends up dead while being held for questioning by the police, Gordon suspects that it's an inside job and looks to an old friend for information. Meanwhile, Oswald Cobblepot takes control of one of Fish Mooney's prized possessions, as she gets a gets a small taste of her own medicine in the all new "Welcome Back, Jim Gordon" episode of GOTHAM airing Monday, Jan. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GTH-113) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Ben McKenzie as Detective James Gordon, Donal Logue as Harvey Bullock, Jada Pinkett Smith as Fish Mooney, Sean Pertwee as Alfred, Robin Lord Taylor as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin, Erin Richards as Barbara Kean, David Mazouz as Bruce Wayne, Camren Bicondova as Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman, Zabryna Guevara as Captain Sarah Essen, Cory Michael Smith as Edward Nygma/the future Riddler, Victoria Cartagena as Renee Montoya, Andrew Stewart Jones as Crispus Allen, John Doman as Carmine Falcone

Guest Cast: Morena Baccarin as Dr. Leslie Thompkins, Drew Powell as Butch Gilzean, Anthony Carrigan as Victor Zsasz, Carol Kane as Gertrude Kapelput, Dash Mihok as Arnold Flass, Niko Nicotera as Derek Delaware

Episode 13 of 22
Old 01-27-15, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Gotham (S1E13) -- "Welcome Back Jim Gordon" -- 1/26/15

Really liked this episode, probably the best episode so far. I like Fish but was surprised they didn't kill her. I guess she will be off the show for awhile. I'm betting if she ever comes back it will be her last episode.

If the show was missing anything it was Montoya. This situation would have been perfect to her help with. I liked the kiddie subplot but they should have dropped it for Montoya. I am very glad Barbra was in this. I hope they keep her away for as long as possible.

I liked the stuff with the Riddler up until the one lady told him what happen. That kind of made the entire trip with him pointless in this episode. He basically ends up exactly where he started. Maybe if the cop that is teasing him ends up dead by his hand this sub plot will meaning. I don't think that will happen though. I think they will just be spinning their wheels with Riddler.

How did Gordon know to look in the heel of the dead guy for the drugs? There was no lead up to that. He just went straight to heel and found the drugs. That was worse part of this episode.
Old 01-27-15, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know Fish wanted revenge, but she should've gotten the hell out of town with Butch. Now he's probably worse than dead. Gordon seems to finally discovered the repercussions of his Ayn Rand morality. Poor Bruce. The budding sexuality of young sociopaths, and now everything Bruce beloved in is crushed, and the one thing he believed in is lost. Just great for him. Because he wasn't miserable enough.
Old 01-27-15, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Ratface got more to say in this one episode than he did in like a whole season of Sons of Anarchy.

I liked how the beat cops are finally starting to back up Jim. The beginning of cleaning up the precinct and his rise to the top.
Old 01-27-15, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey Bunchy was in this episode.

I really had a hard time taking him seriously as a detective considering the character he normally plays on Ray Donovan.

Good to see Jim evolve more and gain more respect.
Old 01-27-15, 12:24 PM

What about the head shot to the guy who was gonna torture Fish? Pretty graphic for network primetime! And a "comic book" show at that!
Old 01-27-15, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I really liked the Gordon scene at the precinct... Mackenzie is really good in this role. I've followed him from the OC to Southland to here and he's killing this one.
Old 01-27-15, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell View Post

How did Gordon know to look in the heel of the dead guy for the drugs? There was no lead up to that. He just went straight to heel and found the drugs. That was worse part of this episode.
When Gordon is first left alone with the corpse, you can see that the heel is visibly ajar already.

What I didn't like was how Butch seemed to escape easily and the contrived timing of his saving Fish and Zzazz saving Penguin.

Also doesn't Penguin showboating around in the Club expose himself even more to Maroni that he was an undercover agent of Falcones? If not, you can bet that Fish is gonna let him know once Penguin bragged about outfoxing everyone.
Old 01-27-15, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I love Alfred's parenting. It's awesome that in this 'Universe', he's going to be the main guide into turning Bruce Wayne into Batman.
Old 01-27-15, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Now we know why Bruce grows up not trusting women in his relationships. Catgirl, his first crush, mercilessly broke his heart. Though I am not sure how believable it was for a street urchin to turn down living in Gotham's most expensive home.

I guess we won't get any Batcave glimmerings this season. I would have thought they would have Bruce exploring the estate.

Except for the Penguin, a lot of the procedural police action bores me. I did like how Gordon realized at the end he got the murderer only by the thuggish actions of Penguin's associate.
Old 01-28-15, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
Now we know why Bruce grows up not trusting women in his relationships. Catgirl, his first crush, mercilessly broke his heart. Though I am not sure how believable it was for a street urchin to turn down living in Gotham's most expensive home.
I think Selena thought Bruce just wanted her there to give him info about his parents' murder. She might have said 'yes' if Bruce had just told her that he liked her.
Old 01-28-15, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

What freaked her out was when he said "better". It's been established that Selena gets deeply offended when anyone suggests her life is less than ideal.
Old 01-28-15, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm all caught now and I'm liking this show for what it is: a detective show using the Batman mythos. It took a while for me to warm up to the show but this is becoming my favourite.

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt View Post
I love Alfred's parenting. It's awesome that in this 'Universe', he's going to be the main guide into turning Bruce Wayne into Batman.
I now find the Bruce storyline the least interesting but the actor playing Alfred is great.

It will be a waste if Fish Mooney gets killed off. I like her. Hopefully is not the last time we also see Butch.

I don't think that we will see Nygma turning this season.
Old 01-29-15, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wasn't a fan of the excessive violence in this episode. The stabbing with the ice pick and the headshot with blood spattering. Not sure how that makes the show any better...
Old 01-30-15, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm more interested in what happens to turn the Riddler.
Rest of the show except for Gordon is blah.