Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel's Agent Carter (S1E03) -- "Time and Tide" -- 1/13/15

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-15, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Marvel's Agent Carter (S1E03) -- "Time and Tide" -- 1/13/15

SECRETS FROM JARVIS' PAST PUT AGENT CARTER IN DEADLY JEOPARDY, ON "MARVEL'S AGENT CARTER" ON ABC

"Time & Tide" - As Agent Carter closes in on Howard Stark's stolen technology, Peggy's secret mission could unravel when the SSR arrests Jarvis and a secret is revealed, on "Marvel's Agent Carter," TUESDAY, JANUARY 13 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agent Carter" stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter, James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis, Chad Michael Murray as Agent Jack Thompson, Enver Gjokaj as Agent Daniel Sousa and Shea Whigham as Chief Roger Dooley.

Guest starring are Lyndsy Fonseca as Angie Martinelli, Kyle Bornheimer as Agent Ray Krzeminski, Meagan Fay as Miriam Fry, Patrick Smith as Agent Wallace, Alexander Carroll as Agent Yauch, Rob Mars as Jerome Zandow, Lesley Boone as Rose, Benita Robledo as Carol, Bridget Regan as Dottie Underwood, Laura Coover as Molly, Tim James as Jimmy, Paul Roache as building manager, Christie Lynn Herring as prostitute and Rick Steadman as automat customer.

"Time & Tide" was written by Andi Bushell and directed by Scott Winant.

Episode 3 of 8
Old 01-13-15, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agent Carter (S1E03) -- "Time and Tide" -- 1/13/15

Would've liked to watch it but my Comcast DVR decided not to record this episode for some reason even though it was listed as an upcoming recording as of this afternoon.
Old 01-13-15, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Solid show, not as much action as last week, but showed a bit of heart tonight.
Old 01-14-15, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Great show.
Old 01-14-15, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I really liked the episode, particularly the bit about Jarvis' past and the emotion over the death of the other agent. His death itself wasn't sad, but the reaction of everyone to it was extremely well done.

I didn't really get the whole stolen car report thing that Carter came in with and apparently let Jarvis go. Was it simply that the report was "missing" that they were able to keep him and interrogate him or something? I wasn't sure how Peggy mentioning that she mistakenly took it meant that Jarvis could leave, but maybe I missed a part of that.

That said, along with the aftermath of that scene as far as Peggy's embarrassment in front of everyone as well as the reaction to the death, Atwell did great in those scenes.
Old 01-14-15, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Yeah I was really confused about that part as well, how exactly did she screw up the interrogation and allow him to walk away? I thought they were breaking him with the whole treason thing, and then he just lawyers up and walks out?

I was expecting One Tree Hill to give Jarvis something to bite down on.

Did Stark report to the authorities that the vault was stolen and have them investigate, or because it was a private matter he kept them from the scene (I know they mention that they suspect Stark himself stole his own stuff, but surely they at least looked at the crime scene)? Because you'd think someone would have gone down that hole and done some detective work, even if they didn't have the symbol handy. And I keep expecting Carter's cover to be blown because of how sloppy she is (going to Stark manor, being seen in public with Jarvis, letting everyone and their mother see her face and hear her accent), so I'm glad they at least addressed the fact that there can't be that many female super agents with English accents running around. Didn't the dude tied up in the chair see her as well?
Old 01-14-15, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Just rewatched the interrogation scene. Jarvis filed a stolen car report to the police. Eli Thompson and crew pretend that they can't find the stolen car report in order to keep the interrogation going or else Jarvis would lawyer up (and that he wasn't lying when he stated he filed the stolen car report). Agent Carter grabs the report and waits for Eli Thompson to begin the interrogation of Jarvis to tell Eli that she took the "missing" stolen car report by mistake, stating this so Jarvis can hear. This signals Jarvis to lawyer up.
Old 01-14-15, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Seems weird though, shouldn't he have been able to involve lawyers regardless of the missing car report?
Old 01-14-15, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

How screwed up is it that I consider either Fonseca or the guy with the limp to be the prime candidates for agents of Hydra or some other betrayal, mainly because they're way too nice?
Old 01-14-15, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Seems weird though, shouldn't he have been able to involve lawyers regardless of the missing car report?
You didn't necessarily have a right to counsel during interrogation in 1946. Long before Miranda v. Arizona.
Old 01-14-15, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

I think if he lawyer'ed up too soon, it would look suspicious. Jarvis was, in fact, hiding something.
Old 01-14-15, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by fujishig
How screwed up is it that I consider either Fonseca or the guy with the limp to be the prime candidates for agents of Hydra or some other betrayal, mainly because they're way too nice?
Someone has to be a traitor or double agent, right?

Originally Posted by randian
You didn't necessarily have a right to counsel during interrogation in 1946. Long before Miranda v. Arizona.
Originally Posted by alfredog1976
I think if he lawyer'ed up too soon, it would look suspicious. Jarvis was, in fact, hiding something.
I guess both of those still don't really make sense to me; how does a stolen car report make a difference in having a right to counsel? Or make a difference in when your lawyers show up? Oh well, not a huge deal and I guess I get the gist of it which is all that matters.
Old 01-14-15, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I guess both of those still don't really make sense to me; how does a stolen car report make a difference in having a right to counsel?
It doesn't. They had no obligation to inform him that he could retain a lawyer. He can't use Stark's money to pay for one since (a) it makes him look like he's an accomplice of Stark and (b) it's a crime to steal your boss's money to pay for your personal expenses. Stark would have forgiven it of course, but he's not around right now to confirm to the authorities that he authorized Jarvis to do so.
Old 01-14-15, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by fujishig
Well Gjokaj showed he's able to believably change character at the drop of a hat in Dollhouse. He's really underrated. Fonseca played both sides in Nikita.

I think Dots the red herring Hydra agent.
Old 01-14-15, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Kdogg
Well Gjokaj showed he's able to believably change character at the drop of a hat in Dollhouse. He's really underrated. Fonseca played both sides in Nikita.

I think Dots the red herring Hydra agent.
Is Dots the waitress friend?
Old 01-14-15, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Dottie is the girl who just moved into the building after Molly got kicked out.
Old 01-14-15, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Concerning the stolen car report:

I don't think it has anything to do with anything other than Carter now being a witness to its existence. Prior to her pulling her maneuver, it was basically the detective using the story about making it disappear as leverage against Jarvis. Her walking in with it and announcing it to everyone gave the leverage back to Jarvis.
Old 01-14-15, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by The Infidel
Concerning the stolen car report:

I don't think it has anything to do with anything other than Carter now being a witness to its existence. Prior to her pulling her maneuver, it was basically the detective using the story about making it disappear as leverage against Jarvis. Her walking in with it and announcing it to everyone gave the leverage back to Jarvis.
This makes more sense to me.
Old 01-14-15, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You don't cast Bridget Regan (Dots) just to be Peggy's next door neighbor, so she's got a part to play as well.
Old 01-15-15, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
You don't cast Bridget Regan (Dots) just to be Peggy's next door neighbor, so she's got a part to play as well.
Agreed. When I saw her name in the opening credits, I expected her to have a much larger part to play in this episode. I'm sure she will eventually.

On the subject of Dottie, did the landlady send out a listing for only blonde applicants for the newly available apartment?
Old 01-15-15, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Concerning HYDRA, while we all know it isn't gone, doesn't everyone think that it has been destroyed? It can't be revealed to anyone that they are still around. So if Dots or anyone else is Hydra, Carter, Jarvis & the other agents can never find out that that person is Hydra.
Old 01-15-15, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by resinrats
Concerning HYDRA, while we all know it isn't gone, doesn't everyone think that it has been destroyed? It can't be revealed to anyone that they are still around. So if Dots or anyone else is Hydra, Carter, Jarvis & the other agents can never find out that that person is Hydra.
Doesn't mean they wont be revealed as working for some "unnamed" covert agency.
Old 01-15-15, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can see that being revealed to show characters. I can also see whoever saying Heil Hydra to another Hydra agent as long as Carter/Carter's agency/Jarvis can't hear it. If someone does hear it, expect them to die so they can't tell others.
Old 01-15-15, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

Possibly Hydra involvement could be revealed, as long as our heroes believe that it is stamped out by the end of the series. But as we know, cut off one head...
Old 01-15-15, 03:37 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Hmmm. Was I the only one who noticed the killer was woman in a suit and hat? So either Dottie or Angie, right?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.