Marvel's Agent Carter (S1E03) -- "Time and Tide" -- 1/13/15

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-15, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Marvel's Agent Carter (S1E03) -- "Time and Tide" -- 1/13/15

Spoilered just in case...

Spoiler:

You could clearly see her bright blonde hair tucked up under the fedora so it seems pretty clear that it was Dottie.
Old 01-15-15, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I barely glanced at the killer. Gonna keep an eye out for that when I watch the episode again.
Old 01-15-15, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey, Spider-Man was a guest star this week in the pre-credit sequence .

"You got a guy, Peggy?"
I volunteer! I volunteer !

Poor Molly . And she's just a plot device .

The 40s tough-guy banter is kind of fun.

"I reported the car stolen days ago."
A smart television character! Whoa!

So did Peggy having him sign the stolen car report that they were illegally withholding by having him sign without paying attention, and once his signature was on it, it was legally processable?

I'm kind of with Angie. Peggy's going to have to figure out a way to be secretive without burning bridges. Landlord is an uptight 40s woman par excellence.

Gabriel Beristain is a daily high-level DP to be working on a TV production. Marvel have deep pockets. He's buried in the end credits too.
Old 01-15-15, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by hanshotfirst1138

So did Peggy having him sign the stolen car report that they were illegally withholding by having him sign without paying attention, and once his signature was on it, it was legally processable?
Nah, she just picked the report up off the desk with the rest of what she was having him sign, on purpose. They wanted Jarvis to believe there was no stolen vehicle report, so that he would talk. Peggy presenting it back to the chief in full view of Jarvis blew that up.
Old 01-16-15, 07:36 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

They were questioning him on suspicion because his/Starks car was at a major crime scene. They claimed they couldn't confirm the stolen car report so they'd have an excuse to continue the interrogation. When Peggy says out loud she has the report it means they have no basis for further questioning. Jarvis reported the car stolen so without some further evidence that he was at the scene they got nothing.

Fonseca looks like a skeleton in a uniform. Someone give that girl a sandwich.

SHIELD had enemies other than Hydra. I'm guessing the big bad will be a non-Hydra enemy, but there will be a wink to the viewers of a Hydra agent before the end.
Old 01-16-15, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

So, does nobody know anything about Leviathan? I keep hearing Hydra this and Hydra that, but the Leviathan organization is a totally separate entity.
Old 01-16-15, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In Agents of SHIELD, there was Centipede but that was just a covername for Hydra. Leviathan could be the same. Hydra doesn't want to announce that they are still around so they come up with different names to hide who they really are.
Old 01-16-15, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

You know, it's probably a good thing Emily Blunt had to turn down the Agent Carter role for the first Cap movie. She would've been great, but there's no way she would've been able to do the TV show.
Old 01-16-15, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by resinrats
In Agents of SHIELD, there was Centipede but that was just a covername for Hydra. Leviathan could be the same. Hydra doesn't want to announce that they are still around so they come up with different names to hide who they really are.
Or, this:

Little is known of this mysterious organization. It was born out of the Communist Bloc in the same way that Hydra was born out of the Axis powers (the Third Reich, the Italian Social Republic and Imperial Japan), but they have given nothing more away.

What is known is that 100,000 of the Eastern Bloc's finest Cold War agents simply disappeared one day. In truth, they had been taken to the facility known as Cold Storage, where the majority were placed in cryonic suspension until they were needed. Apparently, the higher ups of Leviathan were involved in a collaborative game with the leaders of Hydra, S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Hand set by Aries. They gathered together alien technology from the Brood and a collection of tanks. Together, these devices could turn a man into a Super Soldier. Leviathan then chose to betray their partners and take the technology for themselves. Hydra and the Hand struck back, stealing the alien power source, making it so that the tanks would turn their occupants into monsters.

During the Dark Reign, when S.H.I.E.L.D. had been disbanded in favor of H.A.M.M.E.R., and Hydra was tied up fighting the renegade Nick Fury, Leviathan decided to strike, dealing Hydra a massive blow.

This became a massive three-sided war between Hydra, Leviathan, and Nick Fury and the Howling Commandos PMC, with each side suffering substantial losses. The Howling Commandos have been all but wiped out, while both Hydra and Leviathan had been substantially reduced in size, with relatively few operating agents remaining on either side. Nick Fury contributed to Leviathan's defeat by remotely tapping into the activation systems that brought the Leviathan's soldiers out of hibernation, feeding them so much energy to ensure that only they would have a short lifespan. Only Orion remained.
Old 01-16-15, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Infidel
So, does nobody know anything about Leviathan? I keep hearing Hydra this and Hydra that, but the Leviathan organization is a totally separate entity.
In the excellent SECRET WARRIORS series, Leviathan was established as a 60's-era Soviet rival to both early SHIELD and Hydra. They had access to alien technology that they were using to augment their agents before the tech was sabotaged by Hydra and the majority of the Leviathan soldiers were mutated into bug-like monsters.

They returned in the modern day and went to war with Hydra and what was left of SHIELD before finally being wiped out completely, because, well, you don't mess with Nick Fury.

Anyway, because of that and how much Marvel has adapted SECRET WARRIORS for the MCU, I can see Leviathan being "defeated" at the end of Agent Carter before popping up and being the big-bads for the back half of AoS season two or potentially in season 3.
Old 01-16-15, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Lifepawn
They were questioning him on suspicion because his/Starks car was at a major crime scene. They claimed they couldn't confirm the stolen car report so they'd have an excuse to continue the interrogation. When Peggy says out loud she has the report it means they have no basis for further questioning. Jarvis reported the car stolen so without some further evidence that he was at the scene they got nothing.

Fonseca looks like a skeleton in a uniform. Someone give that girl a sandwich.

SHIELD had enemies other than Hydra. I'm guessing the big bad will be a non-Hydra enemy, but there will be a wink to the viewers of a Hydra agent before the end.

Not to get off topic, but I hate when people do this. As a person who has been told my whole life to "eat something" I find it highly offensive. It's no different than going up to someone and saying "god you're fat! Put down that McDonalds."

I'm so sick of fat acceptance, and this notion that someone skinny and in shape should be looked down upon. I'm looking at you Meghan Trainor.

Personally, I think that Lyndsy Fonseca looks incredible and shouldn't change one bit.
Old 01-17-15, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

This episode didn't do much for me after what I thought were two very good opening episodes. I am not a big fan of the route they have taken with Peggy Carter fighting the good fight, under the noses of the other agents.

That waitress is a Hydra agent or some other rival, right?
Old 02-02-15, 03:46 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

i just watched this episode, i'm not gushing at the show as much as everyone else

Its a bit boring for me
Old 02-02-15, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

I think it's boring too, not sure what the plot is.