Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Hannibal (NBC) -- Season 3 News, Castings etc.

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Hannibal (NBC) -- Season 3 News, Castings etc.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-15, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 120 Likes on 80 Posts
Re: Hannibal (NBC) -- Season 3 News, Castings etc.

Old 05-22-15, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Really looking forward to this show. I binged watched season 2 from Amazon Prime and really love how beautifully shot this show is. It is gorgeous and so violent. Cant wait to watch weekly. I thought throughout the first season that Bedelia was a figment of Hannibal's mind or him reliving a previous encounter. Anderson is great in this role. Really like almost all the casting choices. Can't wait to see what happens as I don't remember anything from the sequels/prequels to Silence of the Lamb.
Old 05-23-15, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

I'm going to be out of the country on vacation when this premieres.

On the plus side, when I return I will have 2 episodes to watch back to back since I return in time for week 3.
Old 05-23-15, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

This upcoming season looks to be great and I'm looking forward to the move to Europe as it provides a different contrast to dreary DC/Virginia.

I'm also looking forward to Mads providing more dry humor this year as evidenced by the promos.
Old 05-23-15, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My favorite show on TV by far. Can't wait to see their take on the Red Dragon storyline.
Old 05-23-15, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by hdnmickey
Can't wait to see their take on the Red Dragon storyline.
If it all goes according to the plan, we'll be checking it out Season 4.
Old 05-23-15, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ringmaster
If it all goes according to the plan, we'll be checking it out Season 4.
Have you checked out the promos for this upcoming season? They might have stepped things up, or you are thinking of Silence of the Lambs.
Old 05-23-15, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

I think the original plan was for seasons 1-3 to be prequels, adapt Red Dragon in 4, Silence of the Lambs in 5, Hannibal (novel) in 6, and then have 7 be an original conclusion.

Looks like Red Dragon will be folded into season 3. Maybe they're looking at the ratings and accelerating the plan.
Old 05-23-15, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
I think the original plan was for seasons 1-3 to be prequels, adapt Red Dragon in 4, Silence of the Lambs in 5, Hannibal (novel) in 6, and then have 7 be an original conclusion.

Looks like Red Dragon will be folded into season 3. Maybe they're looking at the ratings and accelerating the plan.
Not Silence of the Lambs, they don't have rights to that so have to work around it unless they got them recently.

Really looking forward to the new season. Is it my imagination or is Scully hotter today than she was 20 years ago?
Old 05-24-15, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnysd
Not Silence of the Lambs, they don't have rights to that so have to work around it unless they got them recently.
Not to my knowledge. Fuller has the tv rights to Red Dragon, Hannibal (novel), and Hannibal Rising. Silence of the Lambs is held by MGM and Lifetime has an option for a Clarice Starling series. Apparently Fuller tried to work out a deal with them where he could use characters from SotL in exchange for letting them use the character Hannibal, but was turned down.

Presumably Fuller will repurpose SotL into something new that can be legally included in his series. I know that Fuller wanted to tell the story of Benjamin Respail, aka the head in the jar from SotL, but couldn't so he came up with the Franklin Froideveaux character instead and used him in a similar capacity he was going to use Respail (Benjamin Franklin, geddit?). Or having Kade Purnell stand in for Paul Krendler, which presents a gender swap as well as a near anagram.

I'd also wager that Miriam Lass might be a Clarice Starling surrogate, particularly with regard to the novel Hannibal. He might come up with a second Clarice surrogate for the SotL story arc that might or might involve Franklin Froideveaux's severed head.

I am unsure about how much of the plot, if any, can be used from SotL without triggering a lawsuit, or if it's only the characters that were introduced in that novel that are off-limits. We never saw Froideveaux's jarred head stowed away in a storage unit, so that might have been too close to the source material.

Last edited by Josh-da-man; 05-24-15 at 06:47 AM.