Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Transporter: The Series (TNT) -- Series Thread -- Saturdays starting 10/18/14

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-15, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: Transporter: The Series (TNT) -- Series Thread -- Saturdays starting 10/18/14

So, I watched about 4 episodes over the last 2 nights. I'm now caught up to the season 2 airings, but still have 4 more to go.

Anyways, just a few observations to make:

1) Season 2 made a drastic overhaul to the cast. They killed off Dieter and Carla left as well. Now we have "Cat" who is working with Frank out in the field more. They also wrote out Frank's cop girlfriend from the end of season 1 without any explanation.

Losing Carla kind of sucked. Not only was she hot, but it lost the whole "Transporter" feel. Now Frank is just doing missions without anyone at base overseeing things.

2) This version of Frank is more James Bond-like as opposed to Jason Statham's version. Vance's Frank is a ladies man and is kind of like Scott on Strike Back. He's had sex with several of their clients.

3) I think the season 2 episodes that I've seen so far have been much more action oriented with more shootouts and hand to hand combat. Frank spends more time in the car in season 1.

4) TNT seems to be airing most of the season 2 episodes in order according to my guide.

Overall, I think after a sloppy start, the show is getting better. I've enjoyed the season 2 episodes so far, although the episode called "Diva" was sort of a ripoff of "The Bodyguard"

Last edited by DJariya; 01-12-15 at 01:00 AM.
Old 01-12-15, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Re: Transporter: The Series (TNT) -- Series Thread -- Saturdays starting 10/18/14

Episodes are out of order according to TiVo's guide. The show has a totally different vibe now. It's hardly about "transporting", more a generic action show.
Old 01-12-15, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by randian
Episodes are out of order according to TiVo's guide. The show has a totally different vibe now. It's hardly about "transporting", more a generic action show.
The last 4 episodes (from season 2) that aired on TNT were in the correct order.

This was according to my Directv guide:

1/10 - S2E09 - Euphro

1/3 - S2E08 - Chimera

12/27 - S2E07 - T2

12/20 - S2E06 - Diva

However, I noticed that next week's episode will be episode 4. That's why I said "Most" of the episodes have aired in order.
Old 02-08-15, 09:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any word on a renewal yet?
Old 02-08-15, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mysteryfan
any word on a renewal yet?
I think a better question is a renewal and uncensored Blu Ray release.
Old 02-09-15, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Did anyone watch the season finale which aired this past Saturday?

TNT aired episode 5 and then episode 12 as a 2 hour block. It was really weird because the episodes had no connection. They had a "Previously on The Transporter" sequence from to start episode 12.

Anyways, of course episode 12 ended on a cliffhanger. Frank reunites with his ex-girlfriend. I remember the actress from Stargate Universe. Gets set up by some shady people, then Cat gets shot after learning the truth about Frank's ex with her fate hanging in the balance. And of course it ends going to black with a big cliffhanger with Frank.

I grew to really like Cat in season 2 as opposed to Carla. Cat was a lot more involved really than just sitting behind a computer screen. I would be disappointed if she does get killed off.

I would be really disappointed if this doesn't get a 3rd season. The show started out slow, but really grew on me in season 2.

But, TNT doesn't control the show. The Canadian and European production companies who make the show are responsible if it comes back or not. I guess we shall see.
Old 02-09-15, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by robin2099
I think a better question is a renewal and uncensored Blu Ray release.
FOX just announced they are releasing season 1 on DVD March 3rd here in the States and it's apparently the Uncut version. No Blu-Ray.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Tra...Season-1/20707

Since season 2 just finished airing, I would expect that to come out later this year.