Reload this Page >

Transporter: The Series (TNT) -- Series Thread -- Saturdays starting 10/18/14

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-18-14, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

TNT has picked up Transporter The Series, making the network the U.S. television home for the exhilarating, adrenaline-charged series based on the smash-hit movie franchise. TNT will air the first and second seasons of the series, which will make its U.S. television debut on the network in fall 2014. Season two, which is slated to premiere worldwide in late 2014, will go into production Feb. 26, with shooting planned for Morocco, the Czech Republic and Canada. Transporter The Series stars British actor Chris Vance, whose credits include Prison Break, Dexter and Burn Notice. A familiar face to TNT viewers, Vance has a recurring role on the network's hit series Rizzoli & Isles, in which he plays Lt. Col. Charles "Casey" Jones, Jane Rizzoli's on-again-off-again romantic interest. Transporter The Series centers on Frank Martin (Vance), a professional "transporter" paid to pick up and deliver people or cargo from anywhere in the world. Frank is the very best at what he does and handles only the most difficult dangerous and assignments. Transporter The Series features dry wit, exotic locations, heart-pounding action and nail-biting suspense.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/e3Sr00EW0KE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12 episode 1st season. TNT is airing 2 episodes every Saturday.

TNT also picked up the rights to season 2 and will air that right after season 1 finishes airing. Season 2 is Produced by former X-Files and Strike Back Producer Frank Spotnitz.

Some of you probably know the long history of this show. It was originally scheduled to air 2 years ago on Cinemax. This is an international production, so TNT probably picked it up for pennies.

Last edited by DJariya; 01-12-15 at 12:57 AM.
Old 10-18-14, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Transporter: The Series (TNT) -- Series Thread -- Saturdays starting 10/18/14

FYI, if you're planning to set your DVR to record this, keep in mind about the air dates. The original air dates are from 2013. So, you will need to "Record All"

Also keep in mind,

There is only 1 scheduled re-air for each episode and it's at 11pm ET and 12 am ET
Old 10-18-14, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Re: Transporter: The Series (TNT) -- Series Thread -- Saturdays starting 10/18/14

Heads up, I just checked all the episodes in the TiVo guide and it appears they're airing this out of order.

What I'm seeing for the next two weeks in the order they are airing it:

1x05: Dead Drop
1x01: Trojan Horsepower
1x06: Hot Ice
1x08: Sharks
Old 10-19-14, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Just watched episode 1 tonight. It was just ok.

A few thoughts:

1) Not really the best episode to start the series. The story for the first episode was a little weak. Tried too hard for witty dialogue, especially for Frank. Frank is a man of very few words.
2) Appreciate the connection to the movies bringing back Inspector Tarconi and using the same actor.
3) Felt a little like I was watching an extended Audi commercial.
4) the woman that Frank banged was hot. I when they blurred her ass and breasts after she got out of bed. You could tell this was designed to air on premium cable.

I'm going to ride this out all the way. I really want to see how things go into season 2 since they hired Spotnitz to oversee it. He was the showrunner for the first season of Strike Back. I heard season 1 had a lot of creative problems. TNT acquired this show for chump change, so I think the expectations are really low.
Old 10-19-14, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts

Everything I've read in this thread tells me to stay away. For a network that re-runs dumb sitcoms all the time and fills up their schedule with c-grade movies, they hate re-airing their own new shows.
Old 10-19-14, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Everything I've read in this thread tells me to stay away. For a network that re-runs dumb sitcoms all the time and fills up their schedule with c-grade movies, they hate re-airing their own new shows.
TNT doesn't air sitcoms. You're probably thinking TBS.

They are drama repeats of Castle, Hawaii Five-O, Law and Order and Bones when they aren't airing originals.

I am surprised they aren't scheduling more re-airs of Transporter. I'm sure lots including yourself weren't aware it premiered on a Saturday night.

I checked Twitter and there really isn't any discussion or comments about the premiere. The Transporter Facebook is quiet too.

Again, I think because this is an international production and TNT probably acquired the show for minimal costs, that's probably why they aren't spending much on advertising.
Old 10-19-14, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Heads up, I just checked all the episodes in the TiVo guide and it appears they're airing this out of order.
I saw the same thing. It means I'll likely not watch a single episode until the entire series is aired.
Old 10-19-14, 04:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
TNT doesn't air sitcoms. You're probably thinking TBS.

They are drama repeats of Castle, Hawaii Five-O, Law and Order and Bones when they aren't airing originals.

I am surprised they aren't scheduling more re-airs of Transporter. I'm sure lots including yourself weren't aware it premiered on a Saturday night.

I checked Twitter and there really isn't any discussion or comments about the premiere. The Transporter Facebook is quiet too.

Again, I think because this is an international production and TNT probably acquired the show for minimal costs, that's probably why they aren't spending much on advertising.
Also, the fact that they're airing it on Saturday night and airing it two episodes at a time shows how much TNT values the series...
Old 10-19-14, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 272 Likes on 227 Posts

Randian, I like your idea..think I will do the same and start watching the episodes in order as they start to accumulate on my tivo.
Old 10-19-14, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

FYI: Vudu has the first episode free and it is the uncut version.
Old 10-19-14, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Just finished the "2nd episode"

Kind of a "Fast and Furious" vibe from it. The Frank Martin being portrayed here is quite different from the movies. He has more of a James Bond vibe, especially with the wise cracks. I like Chris Vance, but he's no Jason Statham. He hasn't really sold me on the hand to hand fight scenes. I do like the cars he's driving. I can see why TNT picked this up. It's a "Mission of the week" type series.

Anyways, I liked it a little better than the 1st episode. But you can definitely tell it was aired out of order. There was a hot computer girl helping Frank who I had no clue who she was. Also, Frank's relationship with Dieter seemed a little more friendlier and personal. I guess they shot this one in Toronto to look like Philadelphia. 1st episode was shot in France. The show at least has a slick look and doesn't look cheap.
Old 11-23-14, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Loved these last two episodes. They loosened up Frank and gave him some personality. I still can't buy Chris Vance as this much of a badass, but the fight choreography is good. Also like the chase scenes.

It's nice only having to wait a week for the new season .
Old 11-23-14, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
It's nice only having to wait a week for the new season .
Now that the first season is finished being broadcast I can watch this show. I couldn't stand the random order TNT broadcast this in. I don't understand why networks do that.
Old 11-23-14, 04:44 PM

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts

FYI, TNT will be re-airing the entire season this Thursday. Starts at 10am CT I believe.
Old 11-23-14, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 419 Posts

CT? What the heck is that?
Old 11-23-14, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
CT? What the heck is that?
Central Standard Time.
Old 11-23-14, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I really enjoy this show. Chris Vance has grown on me even though he's no Statham. This show is just dumb enjoyable fun.
Old 11-23-14, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 575 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by aynrandgirl
Central Standard Time.
Yeh. I was being facitous because most times you see eastern time or West coast time
Old 11-27-14, 06:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A very enjoyable show when watched in original order. TNT showing episodes in random order was stupid.

The first few episodes looked like they were filmed in Europe before switching to Toronto. Are they doing the same thing Highlander did, film in both Canada and France?
Old 11-27-14, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 183 Likes on 158 Posts

Nah, pretty certain all principal filming were done in Canada. They just have a secondary crew that goes around Europe and get the landmarks and chase scenes done separately. So basically Chris Vance did all his "driving" in Toronto, and another pro did all the stunt driving and they edit it together for episodes that took place in European locations.
Old 11-27-14, 02:15 PM

Received 770 Likes on 503 Posts

Thanks for the heads up on the marathon. I'm recording them all first then I'll watch them over Christmas break in the right order.
Old 11-28-14, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am amused by a Canadian production having a Rush tune for its theme song.
Old 11-28-14, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Season 2 is, naturally, also being broadcast out of order. My DVR says the the first two are episodes 1 and 3.
Old 12-29-14, 03:04 PM

Received 770 Likes on 503 Posts

I tried to watch this last night and kept laughing at the blurs and bad production. Not sure I want to finish it.

Might have to go back and watch the movies to cleanse the pallete.
Old 12-29-14, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
I tried to watch this last night and kept laughing at the blurs and bad production. Not sure I want to finish it.

Might have to go back and watch the movies to cleanse the pallete.
Season 1 was originally produced for Cinemax, so they had to edit/blur it to be able to air on basic cable. A lot of the editing is bad because they needed to include commercial time. There is a lot of awkward transitions to commercial break.

I haven't seen the season 2 episodes yet, which are currently airing.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.