Chicago PD (NBC) -- Series Thread

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-14, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Chicago PD -- "At Least it's Justice" -- 4/02/14

I laugh at the newbie on the squad giving advice to the patrol cop about how to handle the job
Wasn't he technically still in the academy when they pulled him into the unit?
Old 04-09-14, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Chicago PD -- "Turn the Lights Off" -- 4/09/14

THE INTELLIGENCE UNIT WORKS A CASE WHERE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS ARE MISSING, MEN MURDERED AND TWO DUELING GANGS ARE SUSPECT

Voight (Jason Beghe) and the team discover a massacre, eight million in cash stolen and two wounded men in a clearing house. During questioning, one guy, Perko (guest star Dusan Faeger), provides some intel that is key to the case and leads Antonio (Jon Seda) to realize that two gangs were involved. Burgess (Marina Squerciati) steps up to help the unit and prove herself to Voight. Meanwhile, a softer light is cast on Platt (guest star Amy Morton) when she enlists the help of Ruzek (Patrick Flueger). Jesse Lee Soffer, Sophia Bush, Elias Koteas, LaRoyce Hawkins and Archie Kao also star. Ian Bohen, Robert Ray Wisdom, Sydney Tamiia Poitier and Stella Maeve guest star. TV-14 LSV

Episode 11 of 15
Old 04-19-14, 01:17 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Chicago PD -- "A Material Witness" -- 3/19/14

Sorry for the late comment. There was a scene in the previews that wasn't in the episode itself. It was even during the end credits of the SVU episode that preceded it. In the cell phone "warehouse", Voight orders a man to put down his weapon. Bending down, the perp stands up with his gun and appears to fire at Voight. But the scene wasn't in the broadcast episode or in the (free) episode at NBC.com.

Anyone word on how the scene played out, why it wasn't used, etc?
Old 05-22-14, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Chicago PD -- Season Finale -- "A Beautiful Friendship" -- 5/21/14

"A BEAUTIFUL FRIENDSHIP"

05/21/2014 (10:01PM - 11:00PM) (Wednesday) : THE INTELLIGENCE UNIT IS TRULY FAMILY IN THE SEASON FINALE - Atwater (LaRoyce Hawkins) is settling into his new gig on intelligence as Antonio (Jon Seda) is relegated to desk duty while recovering. Lindsay (Sophia Bush) finally realizes she has no way out and confides in Voight (Jason Beghe) for help. Meanwhile Jin (Archie Kao) is confronted about his secret meetings with Stillwell (guest star Ian Bohen). It all comes to a head in the season finale. Jesse Lee Soffer, Patrick John Flueger, Elias Koteas, and Marina Squerciati also star. Amy Morton, Stella Maeve and Billy Wirth guest star. TV-14 LSV

Episode 15 of 15

Aired last night

Well, after what happened in the finale, looks like Archie Kao can re-join CSI.

Not surprised they killed off Jin, especially after it was revealed he was the rat on Voight's team.

Very good 1st season. Voight was a dick on Fire, but I actually enjoyed him here. It was a good mix of some self contained plots and recurring storylines. Looking forward to season 2 in the Fall. I read season 2 will have more crossovers with Fire and SVU.
Old 05-22-14, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Chicago PD -- Season Finale -- "A Beautiful Friendship" -- 5/21/14

I only remember Voight (Jason Beghe) from Californication (Karen's husband who got crazy when drunk). I totally buy him here, though. He makes an excellent (believable) leader of that police unit. Just doing a quick IMDB check, it looks like he was in quite a few episodes of Chicago Fire.

I was hoping Erin would go to Voight sooner about her situation, but when the credits rolled, I was left feeling it basically played out OK. I was surprised she'd put all her progress at risk but she was being threatened with some pretty serious charges. Still, Voight would have had her back, as he eventually did, and they'd been through too much together for her not to know that.

This show was a joy for me to watch all season, though I still don't know how Chicago cops keep ending up involved in suburban crimes. I think the one time was "Kankakee", and today it was "Harvey". It IS possible for a cop in Town A to enter Town B (I've seen it done) if the crime took place in Town A, but in this episode, the crime took place in Town B.
Old 09-24-14, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk God

"CALL IT MACARONI"

09/24/2014 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Wednesday) : INTELLIGENCE IS THROWN WHEN AN UNDERCOVER JOB TURNS INTO A MANHUNT FOR TWO BROTHERS. VOIGHT IS UNDER SCRUTINY AS JIN'S MURDER INVESTIGATION TRANSPIRES IN THE SEASON PREMIERE. - In the season premiere, as the Sheldon Jin murder investigation moves forward, Voight (Jason Beghe) is under close watch by Internal Affairs but he's still in complete command of the intelligence unit. A routine undercover job becomes anything but when Voight's SUV is T-boned while trailing an armored car carrying Ruzek (Patrick Flueger). At District, Burgess (Marina Squerciati) meets her new partner, Sean Roman (Brian Geraghty) and tension is high from the start. Soon she realizes there's more to his story. After a long day, Lindsay pays a visit to someone she hasn't seen in a very long time - her mom, Bunny (guest star Markie Post). Jon Seda, Jesse Lee Soffer, Elias Koteas, LaRoyce Hawkins and Amy Morton also star. Stella Maeve, Robert Ray Wisdom and Ian Bowen guest star. TV-14 LV

Read more: Listings - CHICAGO PD on NBC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz3EF1NQQrK

22-24 episode 2nd season. They will announce a final episode count later.

I really season 1. It had a good mix of serialized plots and cases of the week. It was a little more edgier than a lot of cop dramas airing now. Expect some crossover episodes with Chicago Fire this season.
Old 09-24-14, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

re: Chicago PD (NBC) -- Series Thread

Can't wait. Marathoned this show over the weekend and had a good time. I'd call it The Shield Lite. A shame what happened to Jin.
Old 09-25-14, 10:38 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA

Excellent first episode, definitely Shield Lite.
Old 09-28-14, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Awesome episode to start season 2. The heist sequence was badass.

at the mobster putting a bounty on Halstead's head.

Voight was awesome as usual, especially turning the tables on Stillwell.

Interesting to see Burgess' new partner is the same actor who plays Abby's cop boyfriend on Ray Donovan just minus the mustache.
Old 09-28-14, 04:39 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Just watched the premiere and enjoyed it. They were shooting near where I work and I think this was the Episode as that looked like Johnny 's Ice House on Madison near the shootout.
Old 10-02-14, 10:34 AM
dek
DVD Talk Legend

Location: On the road to reclaiming Lord Stanleys Cup, Turlock CA

Last night's ep was top notch, love this show more and more.
Old 10-02-14, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, last night was a great episode. Loved the take on Voight being a snitch. I hope they run with that angle.
Old 10-03-14, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Loved last nights episode.

That shootout in the bar at the end was badass and unexpected. That mob boss really wants Halstead's head.
Old 10-03-14, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yeah, thought the end was gonna lead to "Scrabble". Surprised to see that stinger.
Old 10-08-14, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Season bas been on fire. The last 10 minutes were hilarious and heartwrenching.
Old 10-26-14, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Last Wednesday's episode was badass.

Loved Voight using the wrench to crack that guy's fingers.

Erin getting the offer at the end to run her own unit came out of left field.

This season is really good so far, no one boring or mediocre episode. Kudos to the talented writers on this show.
Old 09-30-15, 06:56 AM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts
Re: Chicago PD (NBC) -- Series Thread

Season 3 begins tonight, 9/30/15. Followed by Chicago Fire and Chicago Med in the coming weeks.

I don't watch this...but god damn... Sophia Bush...

Last edited by dex14; 09-30-15 at 07:04 AM.
Old 10-02-15, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk God

Good premiere the other day.

For a relatively tiny woman, Sophia Bush was pretty badass in this episode. Loved Erin's attack with the knife while trying to rescue Halstead. That was pretty sick.

Hopefully they will finally write out Markie Post for good soon. She served her purpose being a distraction and a cancer for Erin, but time to move on.

I wonder what was up with Roman having that needle in his bag that Burgess found.

I love how all the Chicago shows just casually integrate their characters into each other's shows. Otis from Fire and Halstead's brother from Med had very brief apperances here.
Old 10-02-15, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Watching this show after watching all the new Pilots underlined for me the difference between watching shows to see what's new this season and watching a show because I really want to see it.

I even like the crossovers (big and small). I still don't watch Chicago Fire, but I like the "Dick Wolf Chicago Universe". I'll definitely check out Chicago Med when it airs.

My wife couldn't initially remember why Erin was acting so out of character. Just in case someone else here also doesn't remember, Erin took Nadia (hooker/addict) under her wing the way Hank too Erin under his wing back in the day. Nadia ended up wanting to pursue a career in law enforcement just like her mentor Erin. Nadia was put at risk and eventually died a pretty horrible death. Erin felt tremendous guilt for whatever part she played in Nadia ending up in that situation with that outcome and had a downward spiral from there.
Old 10-02-15, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by MikahC
Watching this show after watching all the new Pilots underlined for me the difference between watching shows to see what's new this season and watching a show because I really want to see it.

I even like the crossovers (big and small). I still don't watch Chicago Fire, but I like the "Dick Wolf Chicago Universe". I'll definitely check out Chicago Med when it airs.

My wife couldn't initially remember why Erin was acting so out of character. Just in case someone else here also doesn't remember, Erin took Nadia (hooker/addict) under her wing the way Hank too Erin under his wing back in the day. Nadia ended up wanting to pursue a career in law enforcement just like her mentor Erin. Nadia was put at risk and eventually died a pretty horrible death. Erin felt tremendous guilt for whatever part she played in Nadia ending up in that situation with that outcome and had a downward spiral from there.
They actually continued the Nadia plot somewhat in the premiere of Law and Order SVU. Dallas Roberts (Nadia's killer) came back and helped the SVU unit locate a copycat killer.
Old 05-25-17, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Casting rumor/spoiler...

Old 09-27-17, 07:03 AM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts

WHEN A YOUNG BYSTANDER IS SHOT DURING A DIFFICULT OPERATION, THE TOP BRASS QUESTION HALSTEAD'S INVOLVEMENT - SEASON 5 PREMIERE. The district is in a state of change - Lindsay has moved to New York- and the CPD is under scrutiny about the corrupt nature of its institution. Under the watchful eye of the city, the team attempts to bust a gun deal that quickly turns dicey when innocent civilians and children get involved. Tension erupts when Chief Lugo (guest star Esai Morales) brings in Denny Woods (guest star Mykelti Williamson) to review the shootout, and Halstead (Jesse Lee Soffer) becomes a key player in the outcome of the case. Also starring Jason Beghe, Jon Seda, Patrick John Flueger, Elias Koteas, Marina Squerciati, LaRoyce Hawkins, Amy Morton and Tracy Spiridakos. Guest starring Nick Gehlfuss and Wendell Pierce. TV-14 L
Old 09-27-17, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk God

[IMG][/IMG]

Sophia Bush left the show after last season.

She was replaced by Tracy Spiradakos. Some of you probably know her from Revolution and she also appeared on MacGyver. She appeared in the last 3 episodes of last season.

She's hot, but not really a great actress. Sophia Bush is a better actress.

Also, Jon Seda (Antonio) is back on the show after Chicago Justice got canned.

Burgess is also back full-time (without all the extra baggy clothes) She was pregnant and had a kid last season and it wasn't written into the show.

I like Chicago PD, but I think it's kind of lost some of it's edge especially after Hank killed the man who murdered his son. It's become more of a by the numbers cop procedural lately. It needs to get back some of that edge that made it more different.

Can't believe we're already 5 seasons in. I remember this show started out with Hank being such a shady character, especially after he terrorized/harassed Matt Casey on Chicago Fire for that long arc.

Last edited by DJariya; 09-27-17 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-27-17, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Sophia Bush left the show after last season.

She was replaced by Tracy Spiradakos. Some of you probably know her from Revolution and she also appeared on MacGyver. She appeared in the last 3 episodes of last season.

She's hot, but not really a great actress. Sophia Bush is a better actress.

Also, Jon Seda (Antonio) is back on the show after Chicago Justice got canned.

Burgess is also back full-time (without all the extra baggy clothes) She was pregnant and had a kid last season and it wasn't written into the show.

I like Chicago PD, but I think it's kind of lost some of it's edge especially after Hank killed the man who murdered his son. It's become more of a by the numbers cop procedural lately. It needs to get back some of that edge that made it more different.

Can't believe we're already 5 seasons in. I remember this show started out with Hank being such a shady character, especially after he terrorized/harassed Matt Casey on Chicago Fire for that long arc.
I enjoy the show each week. Sooooo glad that Jon Seda is back, and sad that Sophia has left. I do like Tracy but I dont think she is right for this role. They have really toned down the Hank shadiness over the run. Originally he was a flat out criminal with a badge, now they only seem to use that when they are looking for some conflict on the show.
Old 09-29-17, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Glad that Antonio is back on the Intelligence team.

I liked how they mentioned that he was "bored" with working for the State's Attorney's Office.

With Sophia Bush not coming back, her character just packing up and leavingwas probably the best way to write her out.

Plot of the week was pretty standard, stray bullet by Halstead accidently kills little girl during big shootout causing problems.

As I said a few days ago, Hank really needs to get back his edge. That was one of the things that made him unique in the 1st place. He's way too nice now.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.