Chicago PD (NBC) -- Series Thread

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Chicago PD (NBC) -- Series Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-14, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Chicago PD -- "Chin Check" -- 1/22/14

but wasn't it winter on chicago fire? I already deleted my recording so I can't go back and check
it doesn't seem to be winter right now on PD, people are wearing short sleeves

funniest thing about her with the gun was that it's the same as all the others but was using different sound effects
Old 01-24-14, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Re: Chicago PD -- "Chin Check" -- 1/22/14

Just realized there was a pretty big continuity error between PD and Fire again.

It was Winter weather on Fire with snow, this episode was sunny and clear.

Also, in Fire there was a major citywide blackout. Wasn't even mentioned in PD. The weather was pretty glaring.

It wouldn't have been a huge deal had they not connected the 2 episodes together.
Old 01-29-14, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk God

Chicago PD -- "Now is Always Temporary" -- 1/29/14

Synopsis:

"NOW IS ALWAYS TEMPORARY"

01/29/2014 (10:01PM - 11:00PM) (Wednesday) : THE INTELLIGENCE UNIT IS IN HOT PURSUIT OF A COUNTERFEITING RING AS ATWATER AND BURGESS COME ACROSS SOMETHING UNEXPECTED IN A HOARDER'S HOUSE - More is learned about Halstead's (Jesse Lee Soffer) dislike of the Rodiger family and it's family relationships all around as Olinsky (Elias Koteas) shows a paternal side with his daughter Lexi (guest star Alina Taber) in an attempt to protect her and as Voight's (Jason Beghe) trying to help his son who has recently been released from jail. Meanwhile the Intelligence Unit investigates a counterfeiting operation after discovering some high end cloth-like paper. Sergeant Platt (guest star Amy Morton) sends Atwater (LaRoyce Hawkins) and Burgess (Marina Squerciati) to arrest a hoarder where they discover more than just clutter. Jon Seda, Sophia Bush, Patrick Flueger and Archie Kao also star. Amy Morton, Stella Maeve and Josh Segarra guest star. TV-14 DLV
Old 01-31-14, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Chicago PD -- "Now is Always Temporary" -- 1/29/14

http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/nbcs...edium=facebook

NBC picked up the show for 2 more episodes. Now getting 15.

This is a very unusual case. Most midseason shows already wrap production by the time they air. PD started production very late, so they are still shooting.
Old 01-31-14, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Chicago PD -- "Now is Always Temporary" -- 1/29/14

This weeks episode was pretty good.

The hoarder plot was pretty disturbing, especially with the boy being imprisoned.

Voight's son is a scumbag. Voight may not be very likeable, especially after the stuff he pulled on Chicago Fire, but at least he's giving his screwed up son some tough love.

I'm guessing at the end, the druggie went for a score and that's what Erin saw in the glass which upset her.
Old 02-05-14, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk God

Chicago PD -- "Thirty Balloons" -- 2/05/14

Synopsis:

TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE AS THE TEAM TRIES TO TRACK DOWN DRUG MULES BEFORE THEY BURST Atwater (LaRoyce Hawkins) and Burgess (Marina Squerciati) are given a new patrol car, but are challenged with keeping it brand new. A run in with a psychotic woman leads the Intelligence Unit to discover a drug smuggling operation which has put several girl's lives in peril. Voight's (Jason Beghe) overprotective act with Lindsay (Sophia Bush) leads her right where he doesn't want as she also helps to keep Justin out of trouble. Meanwhile on stakeout, things get tense between Olinsky (Elias Koteas) and Ruzek (Patrick Flueger) as Olinski tries to teach him the finer points of surveillance. Jon Seda, Jesse Lee Soffer and Archie Kao also star. Robin Weigert, Amy Morton, Josh Segarra and Joe Reegan guest star. TV-14 DLV

Episode 5 of 15

NBC ordered 2 more episodes last week. Ratings have gone up the last few weeks.

Has anyone watched this yet or is this still unwatched due to your backlogs? Or do most of you just don't have the time? It's pretty good. I recall Fist of Doom and a couple of others posted their thoughts.
Old 02-05-14, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Chicago PD -- "Thirty Balloons" -- 2/05/14

I'm behind on the show. Plan on catching up by the end of the week.
Old 02-06-14, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk God

The plot in this episode was pretty twisted. Using the college girls to smuggle the cocaine in their stomachs wrapped in condoms.

Some gruesome images with the girls stomachs cut open.

Interesting to see Voight and the IA lady square off and then seeing her talk to Antonio at the end.

I can't see Voight's son getting out of this 1st season alive or not in jail again. He's a ticking time bomb.

One question, does the Police department seriously make patrol cops responsible for damages to their cars? I was surprised to see Atwater and Burgess freaking out and getting their car repaired & using their own money.
Old 02-06-14, 07:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Has anyone watched this yet or is this still unwatched due to your backlogs? Or do most of you just don't have the time? It's pretty good. I recall Fist of Doom and a couple of others posted their thoughts.
I watch every week, usually on a next day basis, always before the next episode.

(Since I got my 4 tuner Tivo, I haven't watched anything live except the news. My old 1-tuner DVR required compromise.)
Old 02-06-14, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

Like this show and watch it every week.

Loved it when Voight smashed the smart ass's hand with the pool cue and then shoved the gun in his mouth.
Old 02-06-14, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts

Home sick from work today and watched all 5 eps in a row.
Old 02-06-14, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

It's funny, as I watched the episode, I was wondering to myself "how long until they do a crossover with SVU?" Then I saw the previews for the next episode...

I like the show, but I think they could drop the beat cops and wouldn't lose a damn thing. They're mostly comic relief.
Old 02-06-14, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk God

I heard about the crossover with SVU a few months ago. Not surprised that they're using secondary characters like Rollins and Fin to participate in it. Liv would have been nice though. It would have been fun seeing Liv and Voight butt heads.
Old 03-05-14, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Chicago PD -- "The Price We Pay" -- 3/05/14

TENSION BETWEEN VOIGHT AND ANTONIO BUILDS AS INTERNAL AFFAIRS DIGS INTO A MURDER CASE WHICH POTENTIALLY INVOLVES VOIGHTS SON - The Fitori murder case is brought to the intelligence unit and Voight's (Jason Beghe) son, Justin (guest star Josh Segarra), may be involved. Gradishar (guest star Robin Weigert) fills Antonio (Jon Seda) in on the arrangement between Internal Affairs and Voight which increases friction between Voight and Antonio. Back at the precinct Ruzek (Patrick Flueger) helps Burgess (Marina Squerciati) get back at desk sergeant Platt (guest star Amy Morton). Sophia Bush, Jesse Lee Soffer, Elias Koteas, LaRoyce Hawkins and Archie Kao also star. America Olivo and Joseph Reegan guest star. TV-14 LV

Read more: Listings - CHICAGO PD on NBC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2v9Vo0cKq

Episode 7 of 15

Last week was the highest rated episode of the season. I fully expect this to get renewed for a 2nd season.
Old 03-07-14, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Chicago PD -- "The Price We Pay" -- 3/05/14

This was an awesome episode. This show gets better and better every week.

I absolutely loved the tension in this episode, especially between the IA woman & Voight as well as Voight & Antonio.

Thought that was really cool that after Antonio talked to the desk sergeant about Voight, he learned appreciate and accept him. Loved the last scene where Antonio turned the tables on the IA woman about how she fucked over his partner from 15 years ago. And wow, that last scene with the dead mobster, could they have not made it more obvious that Voight took care of that?

at Voight sending his son off to the army.

We're 7 episodes into this series, but I actually think Chicago PD is better than the Chicago Code from a few years ago. I liked Sophia Bush from One Tree Hill, but she's been great on this show.

This is a really good cop show. I highly encourage you all to give this a shot who appreciate the genre. It's not your boring cookie cutter procedural. It's a lot more serial. I think it has some elements of The Shield and NYPD Blue.
Old 03-07-14, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Chicago PD -- "The Price We Pay" -- 3/05/14

Originally Posted by DJariya
This was an awesome episode. This show gets better and better every week.
Agreed. Quality all around. I like all the characters (the writing, directing, and acting), even the irritating desk lady.
Old 03-12-14, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Chicago PD -- "Different Mistakes" -- 3/12/14

INTERNAL AFFAIRS DECIDES TO SHAKE THINGS UP WITH VOIGHT AS HE'S ALSO FORCED TO WORK WITH A FORMER PARTNER DURING AN INVESTIGATION - Voight (Jason Beghe) is assigned a new Internal Affairs handler, Stillwell (guest star Ian Bohen) who proves to be suspicious of Voight's actions. During an investigation involving a gambling ring Voight is forced to work with his former partner from the Gang Unit, Shi (guest star Mark Dacascos). At the same time Halsted (Jesse Lee Soffer) remains fixated on Lonnie Rodiger (guest star Matthew Sherbach) and enlists Jin's (Archie Kao) help to gather more information. Meanwhile, Ruzek's (Patrick Flueger) inflated ego leads Olinsky (Elias Koteas) to take him down a peg and offer a great opportunity to Atwater (LaRoyce Hawkins). Jon Seda, Sophia Bush, and Marina Squerciati also star. Sydney Tamiia Poitier guest stars. TV-14 LV

Episode 8 of 15

Saw the preview for this., Badass that they got Mark Dacascos to guest star. Although I hated him on Hawaii Five-O.
Old 03-16-14, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Chicago PD -- "Different Mistakes" -- 3/12/14

Yeah I know very few people in this forum are making the effort to watch this show. But, I'm going to keep chiming in. As I said last week, this show keeps getting better and better every week. It's a seriously underrated show. I seriously think this is a better show than The Chicago Code.

I liked this episode a lot. Interesting that they incorporated Asian crime into this. Mark Dacascos was actually pretty good here as a possibly dirty cop. They did leave the door open for him to come back in the future.

The ending was a little odd. Voight got a new IA handler, then he went on one of his undercover runs and IA arrests him? WTF?

BTW, I absolutely love Sophia Bush on this show. Such a departure from her One Tree Hill character. IMO, her character Erin was totally wasting her time with the druggie chick.
Old 03-16-14, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Turning your back on an addict is always a valid choice. But if you do want to help other people, which she does, you're not going to get it 100% right. That's part of what she was asking the leader of the team with the, "How many times have you handed out your card" line. It's tough, because you can feel like you've wasted your time when it doesn't work out. But in that rare case where your help ends up being a lifeline, it's pretty gratifying. I wouldn't fault a person either way, though you do have to be smart about it. I told my wife I thought Sophia Bush might come back to an empty home with someone that addicted, so she kind of got off easy. Even your family and best friends will steal from you if they're addicted enough because their brains will start justifying it ("He won't even miss this", etc.).

I don't know if this show is better than The Chicago Code, but it's good. I don't always pay attention to the credits in entertainment, but I might have to look at who writes this. I think of Dick Wolf as a NY guy, but this show gets even the little things about Chicago right. There's a little line in there where he talks about "Cermak" which indeed does run through Chinatown. I know this and Chicago Fire are actually filmed in Chicago, but it's still notable to me that they don't take significant artistic license about things easy to get right. Many shows and movies simply don't care as long as it looks good, which I accept, but does result in turning off a part of my brain... resulting in slightly less enjoyment.
Old 03-19-14, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk God

http://m.deadline.com/2014/03/nbc-re...cago-pd-grimm/

Renewed for a 2nd season today.

Great news. One of my favorite new shows this season. Great characters and love the setting. I hope more of you will give this a shot now that a second season is greenlit.
Old 03-19-14, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Chicago PD -- "A Material Witness" -- 3/19/14

"A MATERIAL WITNESS"

03/19/2014 (10:01PM - 11:00PM) (Wednesday) : A CASE CLOSE TO HOME WHEN THE INTELLIGENCE UNIT TAKES ON A GANG SHOOTING WITH ONE LIVING WITNESS, OLINSKY'S DAUGHTER - In responding to a call Atwater (LaRoyce Hawkins) and Burgess (Marina Squerciati) discover a gunshot victim and the only witness is Lexi Olinsky (guest star Alina Taber). The shooting is tied to a Latin gang. To protect Olinsky's (Elias Koteas) daughter, Voight (Jason Beghe) takes the case from the Gang Unit. Ruzek (Patrick Flueger) pulls up Burgess to help with an undercover mission that he hopes will help solve the case. Jon Seda, Sophia Bush, Jesse Lee Soffer, and Archie Kao also star. Amy Morton, Ian Bohen, Robert Ray Wisdom and Sydney Tamiia Poitier guest star. TV-14 LV

Read more: Listings - CHICAGO PD on NBC | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listin...#ixzz2wSkju8Ql

Episode 9 of 15

http://tvline.com/2014/03/19/chicago...mm-chicago-pd/

Renewed for a 2nd season today.
Old 03-20-14, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Chicago PD -- "A Material Witness" -- 3/19/14

really compelling episode this week.

Liked the A plot with Olinsky's daughter witnessing the murder and the trouble it brought.

A little disappointed that Voight's arrest from last week was nothing more than a glorified warning from IA.

Loved the cliffhanger ending with Rodiger's body being found. He's the molester who Halstead has been obsessed about.
Old 03-20-14, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw an article that said this beat Person of Interest in the demos. I see from this thread it was renewed for Season 2. Well deserved.
Old 03-20-14, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MikahC
I saw an article that said this beat Person of Interest in the demos. I see from this thread it was renewed for Season 2. Well deserved.
It was Chicago Fire that beat Person Of Interest this week. Chicago PD lost to CSI.
Old 04-02-14, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Chicago PD -- "At Least it's Justice" -- 4/02/14

HALSTEAD IS IN HOT WATER, HIS JOB IN JEOPARDY AS INTELLIGENCE INVESTIGATES THE MURDER OF A DOCTOR WHO HELPED JAIL MANY HEAVY HITTERS

Voight (Jason Beghe) pulls Halstead's (Jesse Lee Soffer) badge when Lonnie Rodiger is found dead. After a car accident Severide (guest star Taylor Kinney) and Clarke (guest start Peter Mills) discover the torso of Dr. Elliot who has been instrumental in putting away high profile criminals. With Intelligence down one Sumner (guest star Sydney Tamiia Poitier) is given an opportunity to prove herself. Meanwhile during all the investigation Lindsay (Sophia Bush) and Severide share a moment. Jon Seda, Patrick Flueger, Elias Koteas, Marina Squerciati, LaRoyce Hawkins and Archie Kao also star. Amy Morton, Ian Bohen and Robert Ray Wisdom guest star TV-14 DLSV

Episode 10 of 15

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.