Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The One and Only TV FAQ Thread Plus Renewal and Cancellation News

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-21, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 217 Likes on 192 Posts
Re: The One and Only TV FAQ Thread Plus Renewal and Cancellation News

The series "Chad", "Wipeout" and "Fast Foodies" have all been renewed.
Old 05-21-21, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"Bulletproof" has been cancelled by The Sky Network in the UK due to the sexual harassment charges against Noel Clarke. The show had been renewed for another season but they thought Clarke was too "intertwined" with the production for the role to be re-cast. The series played on the CW in the US. The CW deleted the series from their on-demand options once the charges came to light.

Last edited by DWilson; 05-21-21 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-21-21, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
"Bulletproof" has been cancelled by The Sky Network in the UK due to the sexual harassment charges against Noel Clarke. The show had been renewed for another season but they though Clarke was too "intertwined" with the production for the role to be re-cast. The series played on the CW in the US. The CW deleted the series from their on-demand options once the charges came to light.
I just saw that. His production partner and costar came out with a statement that was polite, but seemed firmly in place with those who came forward.

I haven’t seen any other news, so I wonder if they have more behind the scenes details and proof beyond the Guardian article.
Old 05-22-21, 01:15 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Noonan
Yes, I'm aware my comment was subjective. I do watch 911 but IMO Blackish, Mixedish, This is Us, Unicorn, All Rise...are all far better shows which should continue beyond this (and next) season. Hence my comment of Fox is keeping sub-par shows while the other two are cancelling quality shows.
I think this is a variation on the common lament, "why do they always cancel the shows that I like, and keep the ones I hate." For the record, I still think it was wrong to cancel "Everwood" and "Andy Richter Controls the Universe." But that ship sailed and sunk long ago. I actually get a kick out of the 911 shows, and I like "This is Us" and "All Rise" too, but I don't care at all about the "ish" shows or "Unicorn."

And as for "This is Us," aren't the showrunners purposely ending the show after next season, claiming a natural ending point is coming?
Old 05-22-21, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by SteveA
I think this is a variation on the common lament, "why do they always cancel the shows that I like, and keep the ones I hate." For the record, I still think it was wrong to cancel "Everwood" and "Andy Richter Controls the Universe." But that ship sailed and sunk long ago. I actually get a kick out of the 911 shows, and I like "This is Us" and "All Rise" too, but I don't care at all about the "ish" shows or "Unicorn."

And as for "This is Us," aren't the showrunners purposely ending the show after next season, claiming a natural ending point is coming?
Apparently the network would be open to more seasons of "This Is Us". This was the producers' choice.
Old 05-22-21, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveA

I like All Rise as well. Simone Missick is a really good actress and deserves to be on a hit show. But, from all accounts I read, her show had a lot of behind the scenes and creative problems. The showrunner got fired earlier in the season for his abusive behavior to his writing staff and a lot of writers from season 1 quit the show. I guess it was more of a headache than CBS wanted to keep dealing with and also the show isn't even owned by them (WB show)

Bull's showrunner also got fired this past week for abusive behavior to his writers, but was renewed. But that show is owned by CBS and has been on 5 years now and can make CBS syndication money.
Old 05-22-21, 02:05 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
Apparently the network would be open to more seasons of "This Is Us". This was the producers' choice.
I’m glad it’s ending. No live action show needs to go on for 10 seasons. I would much rather it tell the story they had in mind and end on a high instead of limping along and turning fans off.
Old 05-22-21, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Well, This is Us is a different kind of show. It's a serialized adult family drama that obviously has an end point to tell it's story.

A show like FBI, SVU, 911 or Chicago PD deals with everyday situations that you can pull out from the newspaper, so they have more material to work with season by season.
Old 07-06-21, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Netflix is clearing the decks, cancelling four of its original comedy series: Country Comfort (a Katherine McPhee sitcom) , The Crew, (The Kevin James sitcom) Mr. Iglesias and Bonding will not return for additional seasons on the streamer, TVLine has confirmed.

On another note, I received an e-mail from Netflix which led to a lengthy survey regarding four or five of their newest shows. It honed in on the one show I had actually seen an episode of and grilled me pretty thoroughly, asking for opinions of each character and representation issues and, of course, my general feelings about the show and why I watched it.
Old 08-20-21, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk God

https://deadline.com/2021/08/all-ris...ck-1234818449/

All Rise, the cancelled CBS show starring Simone Missick, may get picked up by the OWN network.

Not a done deal though.

Old 09-15-21, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk God

https://deadline.com/2021/09/the-out...ns-1234834205/

The Outpost was cancelled by The CW

For those who never watched this show, this was the low budget Indie science fiction TV show that was made by Dean Devlin's production company. There is a thread here, but it never got any traction.
Old 09-15-21, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
https://deadline.com/2021/09/the-out...ns-1234834205/

The Outpost was cancelled by The CW

For those who never watched this show, this was the low budget Indie science fiction TV show that was made by Dean Devlin's production company. There is a thread here, but it never got any traction.
After Stargirl, The Outpost was probably my favorite show on the CW. The show actually saw Blu-ray release over in the UK and was fairly popular in Europe from what I understand.

The CW unfairly dumped the show into the doldrums of summer when no one watches television.
The following users liked this post:
randian (09-15-21)
Old 09-15-21, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 90 Likes on 77 Posts

The Outpost was so low budget and the actors in it were so wooden... I dropped it after a single episode. No loss there imo.
Old 09-29-21, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk God

https://deadline.com/2021/09/all-ris...ck-1234846818/

All Rise picked up for a 20 episode 3rd season by the OWN network. Simone Missick and most of the cast will return.

Streaming rights will go to HBO Max and Hulu.
Old 09-29-21, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk God

The official announcement

Very rare shows can switch networks. WB worked hard to save this and Manifest.

I watched most of the show's 2 season run. It's good and Missick is a good lead. But, I know this isn't the kind of show that's "must see" or talked about TV hence that's why I never did a thread here.
Old 11-08-21, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk God

I haven’t really kept up with too many network Fall shows, but two shows on FOX sound like they’re dead. The Big Leap and Our Kind of People did not get back orders.

Scott Foley hasn’t starred in a successful show since Scandal. Yaya Decosta left a still successful Chicago Med for the other series.

I had no interest in Our Kind of People. Just another failed attempt to replicate an Empire like soap opera.
Old 11-08-21, 10:08 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I haven’t really kept up with too many network Fall shows, but two shows on FOX sound like they’re dead. The Big Leap and Our Kind of People did not get back orders.

https://twitter.com/deadline/status/...765208580?s=21

Scott Foley hasn’t starred in a successful show since Scandal. Yaya Decosta left a still successful Chicago Med for the other series.

I had no interest in Our Kind of People. Just another failed attempt to replicate an Empire like soap opera.
I didn't care for Our Kind of People, but I'd be really disappointed if The Big Leap is canceled. I'm not a fan of reality shows themselves, but this show about a reality show is quite entertaining. And Scott Foley's bonkers producer role is a big reason for that.
Old 11-09-21, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 280 Likes on 233 Posts

The Big Leap, one of the rare times I might still catch up on a show that seems to indeed be effectively cancelled as Foley's character is indeed bonkers on the show and really helps make the show worth a watch. I had episodes of Our Kind Of People piling up on my dvr before I saw this news and recently deleted the season pass, I have even less regret doing that with this news. I stopped watching Empire after the first season, so Our Kind Of People, Queens, and shows kind-of sorta in the same vein as Empire just do not seem to do it for me.

Old 11-11-21, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 724 Likes on 590 Posts

The Big Leap looked like a show that would not last long but I thought Our Kind of People would be a hit.

Maybe BET or OWN can pick it up.
Old 11-16-21, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Agree on Big Leap - I’ve oddly really been enjoying it. I don’t care if it’s cancelled after a season (I actually think it could be better as one and some), but would at least like a full story.
Old 01-19-22, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk God

Bull ending after 6 seasons. Michael Weatherly announced it today.

I stopped watching after the 2nd season. I just couldn't keep up with it anymore. It was okay and there's some really attractive women on it, but it wasn't enough to keep dedicating all those hours.
Old 01-25-22, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts

American Rust and Black Monday have been canceled.

Old 01-26-22, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 172 Posts

Old 01-27-22, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by RichC2
American Rust and Black Monday have been canceled.
Work In Progress also canceled by Showtime: https://tvline.com/2022/01/27/black-...on-4-showtime/
Old 03-04-22, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts

Acapulco (Apple TV+) has finally been renewed for season 2: https://deadline.com/2022/03/acapulc...tv-1234970787/

Weirdly, I googled information on it about 2 hours before the renewal was announced, go figure.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.