TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Drunk History on Comedy Central

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-14, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 385 Likes on 310 Posts
Drunk History on Comedy Central

I searched but didn't find a thread...

Anybody else watching this? Admittedly I've only seen two episodes and they're pretty lol funny. I think you can catch most of them On Demand on Comcast anyways.

Premise is that the producers get a normal person hammered drunk after teaching them facts about some historical event. The person - hammered - then recounts the events and those events are then played out via actors. The actors never actually speak, instead they "mouth" the words used and spoken by the drunk person. Not sure how "real" this is, but it seems real and it has its hysterical moments.

I've seen Rob Riggle and Chris Parnell in a few episodes... funny stuff.
Old 07-18-14, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Drunk History on Comedy Central

Yep! It's pretty good. I watched last season too.
Old 07-18-14, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 174 Likes on 138 Posts

I enjoyed watching a few episodes the first season, but the concept got stale for me fairly quickly. Some were definitely better than others.
Old 07-18-14, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I hope everyone watching this is sticking around to watch Nathan For You afterwards. It's hilarious.
Old 07-18-14, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 606 Likes on 437 Posts

I don't have a feel for Nathan. Seems too dry for me.

Drunk is funny.

I'm amazed at how close to perfect the lip syncing is.
Old 07-18-14, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is definitely my favorite summer show. Lip syncing is great and the ridiculousness with the drunks that pop up can be really great (how much negotiating happened off camera for Waters to end up in the bath tub in a borrowed swim suit).

Fun way to kill a half hour.
Old 07-20-14, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weird Al as Hitler blew my mind. Uh-oh, SpaghettiOs.
Old 07-20-14, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 451 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88
I hope everyone watching this is sticking around to watch Nathan For You afterwards. It's hilarious.
I like Drunk History, but Nathan is really hit and miss for me. I'm not a fan of cringe-humor. But I am interested to see the behind the scenes of his "dumb Starbuck" that blew up on social media last year.
Old 09-01-15, 06:41 AM

Received 4,642 Likes on 3,143 Posts

Season 3 premiere 9/1/15
Old 09-01-15, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking forward to it.
Old 09-02-15, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

I really wanted to like this show, but right when it debuted my GF and I were dealing with a friend of ours with a bad drinking problem. You ever make up one of those drinking stories, like "I went out for happy hour and woke up, naked by the side of the road, in Phoenix, three days later"? Yeah, that kind of shit happened to my friend FOR REAL all the damn time. It was funny when my friend was 30, but it was just sad that shit like that was still happening when he was 40. I watched the first couple episodes of this show, and realized that could be my friend almost any time of day. Like, I could call my friend at 9AM on a Tuesday and ask him about the Emancipation Proclamation and get my very own drunk history. And it kind of soured me on the show.

Sorry to be a buzzkill.
Old 09-02-15, 04:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Geez, thanks captain buzzkill. How about you drink something to take the edge off.
Old 09-02-15, 05:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 385 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by Rex Fenestrarum
I really wanted to like this show, but right when it debuted my GF and I were dealing with a friend of ours with a bad drinking problem. You ever make up one of those drinking stories, like "I went out for happy hour and woke up, naked by the side of the road, in Phoenix, three days later"? Yeah, that kind of shit happened to my friend FOR REAL all the damn time. It was funny when my friend was 30, but it was just sad that shit like that was still happening when he was 40. I watched the first couple episodes of this show, and realized that could be my friend almost any time of day. Like, I could call my friend at 9AM on a Tuesday and ask him about the Emancipation Proclamation and get my very own drunk history. And it kind of soured me on the show.

Sorry to be a buzzkill.
This is the worst review for a season premier ever!
Old 09-02-15, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Sorry to be a buzzkill.
Old 09-03-15, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Sorry to be a buzzkill.
Have a drink, or five, you'll lighten up.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hUVwR0rw5fk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-09-15, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A couple made their own Drunk History to tell the story of how they met and played it for their wedding guests. This is surprisingly well done.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4WaIv4WBYsc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-09-15, 10:43 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ugh. The fucking little effeminate pussy males getting hot chicks continues. There will be a revolution.
Old 09-09-15, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

Unlike the show, that story of how they meet would have been just as boring told drunk or not. I guess they can enjoy their little 15 minutes of youtube fame, I guess.
Old 01-23-18, 07:00 AM

Raise your glass and get to class! The Emmy(R)-winning Comedy Central series Drunk History returns for its fifth season with the first of seven all-new episodes premiering on Tuesday, January 23 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT, followed by the third season premiere of Another Period at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT. Fans can catch up on season four on the Comedy Central App and at cc.com/drunk starting Tuesday, January 9. Drunk History will return to conclude its fifth season later in 2018 with another six all-new episodes. During the premiere episode Tiffany Haddish narrates museum curator Rose Valland's (Busy Philipps) risky quest to save Europe's masterpieces from the Nazis; Paget Brewster slurs her way through the story of Deborah Sampson (Evan Rachel Wood), the first woman to take a bullet for America during the Revolutionary War; and Amber Ruffin recalls the bravery of "The Angel of the Battlefield," Clara Barton (Mandy Moore), who founded the American Red Cross with the help of surgeon James Dunn (Alexander Skarsgård) and Abraham Lincoln (Jack McBrayer). Other A-list guest stars featured across the fifth season include Vanessa Bayer, Jillian Bell, Jack Black, Josh Charles, Rob Corddry, Kat Dennings, Kirsten Dunst, Eric Edelstein, Donald Faison, Kevin Farley, Rich Fulcher, Kimiko Glenn, Tony Hale, Colin Hanks, David Harbour, Brian Tyree Henry, John Michael Higgins, Vanessa Hudgens, O'Shea Jackson Jr., David Koechner, Johnny Knoxville, Jane Krakowski, Abbi Jacobson, Daryl Johnson, Alex Karpovsky, Taran Killam, Justin Long, Method Man, Jason Mantzoukas, Tatiana Maslany, Jayma Mays, Joel McHale, Sheaun McKinney, Jerry O'Connell, Keir O'Donnell, Bob Odenkirk, Randall Park, Jesse Plemons, Lauren Potter, Richard Riehle, Jason Ritter, Seth Rogen, Angus Sampson, Paul Scheer, Martin Starr, Ali Stroker, Raven Symoné, Jorma Taccone, Amber Tamblyn, Allison Tolman, Shannon Woodward, Jimmy O. Yang, and Weird Al Yankovic. This season's plastered narrators navigating the epic historical events also include Suzi Barrett, Steve Berg, Rachel Bloom, Shaun Diston, Rich Fulcher, Jon Gabrus, Mark Gagliardi, Solomon Georgio, Georgia Hardstark, Kirby Howell-Baptiste, Daryl Johnson, Doug Jones, Lyric Lewis, Gabe Liedman, John Lutz, Tess Lynch, Allan McLeod, Kyle Mooney, Katie Nolan, Claudia O'Doherty, Randall Park, Jennie Pierson, Questlove, Alison Rich, Chris Romano, JD Ryznar, Carl Tart, Greg Tuculescu, Duncan Trussell, Brendon Walsh, Crissle West, Mae Whitman, and Jimmy O. Yang.
Old 01-15-19, 07:14 AM

<iframe width="663" height="373" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ca1kMirB-vA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Drunk History today shared its first-look trailer for season six, which premieres Tuesday, January 15 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central. The premiere episode is devoted to a parody of "Are You Afraid of the Dark" called "Are You Afraid of the Drunk." The episode stars Evan Rachel Wood as Mary Shelley, Elijah Wood as Percy Shelley, Seth Rogen as Dr. Frankenstein, Will Ferrell as Frankenstein's Monster and Jack McBrayer as Lord Byron. Rich Fulcher narrated the Frankenstein themed episode.
Old 01-16-19, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

The Frankenstien story was hilarious.
Old 01-16-19, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Paget Brewster is definitely my favorite drunken "historian".