Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Challenge: Final Reckoning (MTV) -- premieres 7/10/18

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-06-18, 09:40 AM

The past never stays buried -- a point that will be proven when The Challenge returns and competitors face the consequences of their actions from Dirty 30 and Vendettas.

The Final Reckoning -- premiering on July 10 -- will end the epic trilogy saga, with all of the recent betrayals, backstabbing and wrongdoings rising to the surface. Can the players put aside their issues, settle the score and work together to take home the $1 million prize?

One thing is for sure: As the first look above shows, the gang is "out for blood" -- with Marie, for one, emerging from the ground and ready for action.

And what's in store for Zach and Jenna? Watch the teaser, check out the entire cast list below and do not miss the premiere of Final Reckoning on Tuesday, July 10.

Amanda Garcia

Angela Babicz

Brad Fiorenza

Britni Thornton

Cara Maria Sorbello

Chuck Mowery

CT Tamburello

Da’Vonne Rogers

Derrick Henry

Faith Stowers

Jemmye Carroll

Jenna Compono

Johnny "Bananas" Devenanzio

Joss Mooney

Jozea Flores

Kam Williams

Kailah Casillas

Kayleigh Morris

Kyle Christie

Marie Roda

Melissa Reeves

Natalie Negrotti

Nelson Thomas

Paulie Calafiore

Shane Landrum

Sylvia Elsrode

Tori Deal

Veronica Portillo

Zach Nichols
Old 06-06-18, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: The Challenge: Final Reckoning (MTV) -- premieres 7/10/18

I'm not sure what about these last few constitute a trilogy, but works for me
Old 06-06-18, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Pretty solid cast. Looking forward to this a lot.
Old 06-06-18, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Based on spoilers which I will not post, this sounds like a very crazy and different season that we have seen before.
Old 06-06-18, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I was about to come on here and post a new thread for this season, but dex14 beat me to it. I'm always looking forward to a new season of the real Challenge. There are a few too many people from Ex on the Beach cast. I have three episodes of it sitting on my DVR. I would love to see Wes, Emily, and Laurel back for a full season, but I don't think they'll ever be back.
Old 06-06-18, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think Wes will come back for one more full season if the timing works out for his work schedule. I don't know about Emily or Laurel but doubt it. Laurel is more likely in my opinion.
Old 06-06-18, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Unclejosh View Post
I think Wes will come back for one more full season if the timing works out for his work schedule. I don't know about Emily or Laurel but doubt it. Laurel is more likely in my opinion.
I think Laurel is going to Vet school so she probably won't be anything other than a mercenary from here on out.
Old 06-06-18, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
I think Laurel is going to Vet school so she probably won't be anything other than a mercenary from here on out.
Ah didn't know that. All it seems she does is get into twitter beef with Nicole and Cara Maria so seemed like she has plenty of time on her hands.
Old 06-13-18, 01:00 PM

Here's the full trailer:

The trailer is saying that season 32 is the end of the show as you know it. I don't want the show to change or go away.....
Old 06-20-18, 04:23 PM

The teams have been listed on MTV's website: http://www.mtv.com/shows/final-recko...3-66b89fd0d6b3

Brad and Kyle
Nelson and Shane
Marie and Cara Maria
Jemmye and Jenna
Kam and Melissa
Kaliah and Kayleigh
Angela and Faith
CT and Veronica
Amanda and Zach
Britni and Chuck
Sylvia and Joss
Paulie and Natalie
Tori and Derrick
Da'Vonne and Jozea

This spoiler is only in regards to the last team
Spoiler:
Devin and Bananas were paired together, but Devin's father passed away suddenly and he had to leave the show. They brought Tony in as his replacement

Jenna, Cara, and Kaliah were saddled with the worst female competitors on the show. I don't know if they'll last long with those duds dragging them down....
Old 07-10-18, 06:46 AM

Starts tonight.
Old 07-10-18, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hate that CT is stuck with Veronica.
Old 07-10-18, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So does he I am sure.
Old 07-10-18, 01:49 PM

I'm really looking forward to this. All the strong women are saddled with weak partners except for Kam.
Old 07-11-18, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Fun start to the season already.
Old 07-11-18, 01:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah it looks like this is shaping up to be a good season. And then there’s the whole competition part on top of that.
Old 07-11-18, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Bill Needle View Post
Yeah it looks like this is shaping up to be a good season. And then thereís the whole competition part on top of that.
Are there really going to be competitions this season?

I didnít like losing 3 teams before the game started. I think itís a bad idea and I especially didnít like losing Jenna from the main game already.

Cara has really become pretty horrible.

Speaking of horrible. Kailah. Ugh, sheís just a junior varsity edition of Camila. Same stupid, unnecessary drama every single season. I canít believe Melissa is gone.

But they kind of made it ďfeelĒ like maybe they werenít gone. Can they really let them stay or go to r redemption after having the no laying your hands on anybody rule for quite some time now?
Old 07-11-18, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy View Post
But they kind of made it “feel” like maybe they weren’t gone. Can they really let them stay or go to r redemption after having the no laying your hands on anybody rule for quite some time now?
They're gone. Kailah posted a video about her feelings on getting kicked off on YouTube after the episode aired.

I would imagine what they will do is keep their partners and have them be a team.
Old 07-11-18, 11:33 AM

Wasn't there some pushing or hitting incident on either last season, or a recent one, where TJ basically gave them a warning but they were allowed to continue? It seems they're never totally consistent with the consequences.
Old 07-11-18, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, I agree they're not consistent. Shoving usually doesn't result in anything, usually I think it's actual punches thrown that result in someone getting kicked off and it looked to me like Kailha just gave a nice boob shove.

Also, it's kind of shitty that 3 teams automatically get removed but Johnny Bananas, who doesn't have a partner, gets to stay. I wonder how the actual challenges will work too, given that the partners are all sorts of mixed genders.
Old 07-11-18, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
Also, it's kind of shitty that 3 teams automatically get removed but Johnny Bananas, who doesn't have a partner, gets to stay. I wonder how the actual challenges will work too, given that the partners are all sorts of mixed genders.
Bananas is Production's golden goose. They will do their best to keep him in the game as long as they can.... Devin was supposed to be his partner, but his father died unexpectedly and he had to go home.

It's too bad all the eye candy is gone after the first episode. Jenna, Britni, Kaliah, and Melissa all gone from the main game at least... I hope we get some better Challenges next week than just digging up a grave.....
Old 07-13-18, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
It's too bad all the eye candy is gone after the first episode. Jenna, Britni, Kaliah, and Melissa all gone from the main game at least... I hope we get some better Challenges next week than just digging up a grave.....
Yeah not pleased with that outcome. How do you lose almost every hottie pretty much on day one. Complete waste of one of the hottest lineups they've ever had.
Old 07-13-18, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I will miss seeing and more importantly hearing Melissa's voice. I love it. So melodic. Oh well. For those interested she has quite a few very interesting "pap" slips from the UK out in the interwebs.

The violence thing is so confusing. A few years ago CT who has been kicked off multiple shows for fighting and possible attempted murder if he had been able to get a hold of Adam during that fight, "fought" both Marlon and Jordan in a pool almost drowning both of them simultaneously when they came at him. He was also shown in the previews to be slamming Ty's head into a table or something yet they never showed that in the actual show nor made mention of it. But you can clearly see him doing it and nothing was done to him. I know he is a favorite, but the Melissa and Kailah thing was so innocuous in comparison that they have zero consistency.

Tony and Shane threw and landed actual punches on Bloodlines and they didn't get kicked off.
Old 07-13-18, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Unclejosh View Post
The violence thing is so confusing.
Because of the whole SJW movement, there's a zero tolerance (or close to it) policy. Which is ironic because Bunim-Murray pretty much built their shows around physical and verbal violence (Real World and Bad Girls Club would deliberately cast loose cannons, liquor them up and then do everything in their power to provoke violence). So whereas CT used to be able to almost kill people now we can't even have a harmless shove without people getting booted.
Old 07-14-18, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I can't believe these people are still grasping onto their MTV fame. Some of them have got to be pushing 40

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.