Reload this Page >

Those Who Kill -- Series Thread -- S: Chloe Sevigny -- Now on LMN

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Those Who Kill -- Series Thread -- S: Chloe Sevigny -- Now on LMN

Old 03-17-14, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: Those Who Kill -- "The Way Home" -- 3/10/14

Bates was up against The Following, which is closer in audience and style than Intelligence and Castle. It was also up against Dallas on TNT. Let's also not forget that Dancing With The Stars and The Voice pull in larger numbers than Castle and The Blacklist, so to say that 9 PM is less competitive is wrong.

But on top of that, it's silly to compare cable to network anyway. I recorded Bates at 7PM, and I record other cable dramas at midnight and 1AM thanks to their repeats. Tonight, Bates is on at 10, 11, 2 and 3 on the East (7,8, 11 and Midnight out west). When there's that much coverage, of course they're not going to get the highest possible numbers in any slot.

I'm not saying they made the right choice in pulling Those That Kill. But if they think the show would have a better shot in a different time slot, or in a less competitive time of year, then pulling it may not be the worst thing for it.
Old 03-17-14, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,666 Likes on 1,223 Posts

I think A&E should hold off on airing this show until May or June. I know they were hoping Bates Motel as a lead-in would help it, but obviously it didn't work.

Launching a new show, especially a dark crime thriller like this, in March or April when all networks are operating in full swing heading towards the end of the TV season was a bad idea. I mean there is not enough people watching & not enough DVR tuners.
Old 03-18-14, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 454 Likes on 391 Posts

These cable nets lead shows like this one to the slaughter, when they put them up against stacked competition during a critical ratings period. I had no interest in this show at all but there was no way I could have recorded it, even with the three tuners on my DVR.

This show is now DOA and has the stench of failure.
Old 03-18-14, 09:23 AM

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
I think A&E should hold off on airing this show until May or June. I know they were hoping Bates Motel as a lead-in would help it, but obviously it didn't work.

Launching a new show, especially a dark crime thriller like this, in March or April when all networks are operating in full swing heading towards the end of the TV season was a bad idea. I mean there is not enough people watching & not enough DVR tuners.
Agreed. I think they should use Bates Motel to promote it, then air it once that's over (May/June timeframe).

The schedule for dramas like this is too saturated right now. Should lighten up a bit this summer.
Old 03-31-14, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKing View Post
Bornheimer strikes again!

Even when he does a guest spot, he takes the show down with him!

The show's found a new home: LMN aka Lifetime Movie Network (were the ratings that bad compared to A+E's summer fare The Glades, Longmire?)

http://www.adweek.com/news/televisio...ces-lmn-156544

I was scrolling thru my DVR guide and noticed the 3rd epsiode aired Sunday nite.
Old 03-31-14, 09:00 AM

Wow, way to promote the switch to not only a new night, but a new channel(!) altogether. Who the hell's running things over there?
Old 04-01-14, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Geofferson View Post
Wow, way to promote the switch to not only a new night, but a new channel(!) altogether. Who the hell's running things over there?
Crap. I wanted to continue to watch this but I'd have to pay more to add this show and I'm not going to do that. Horrible decision and I can only hope now it ends up on Netflix at some point.
Old 04-01-14, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by dolphinboy View Post
Crap. I wanted to continue to watch this but I'd have to pay more to add this show and I'm not going to do that. Horrible decision and I can only hope now it ends up on Netflix at some point.
Same here. I don't have LMN and don't plan on upgrading my programming tier to get it. I'm sure it'll show up on Netflix or Amazon at some point. After all, this show is likely to be "one and done" the way they're treating it.
Old 04-08-14, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 155 Likes on 112 Posts
"Those Who Kill" now on LMN

Did a search for this here on DVDTalk and didn't find anything. For those who watched and liked "Those Who Kill" before it was pulled from A&E after two episodes, it's now on LMN. Which I had no idea what the fuck that was. Just happened to be channel surfing and found it. So, bravo to it's producers for continuing to be the worst advertised/promoted show in history.
Old 04-08-14, 08:32 AM

Re: "Those Who Kill" now on LMN

A few of us commented on it in the episode 2 thread here (see post #16).

Agreed the network dropped the ball on this one or simply gave up and didn't care. I tend to think it's the latter.
Old 04-08-14, 08:55 AM

Received 2,617 Likes on 1,795 Posts
Re: Those Who Kill -- Series Thread -- S: Chloe Sevigny -- Now on LMN

I went ahead and combined all 3 threads (Pilot, Ep. 2, and the new LMN one).