Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Blacklist -- "Madeline Pratt" -- 2/24/14

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-14, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts
The Blacklist -- "Madeline Pratt" -- 2/24/14

AN ANCIENT ARTIFACT QUICKLY TURNS INTO AN ISSUE OF NATIONAL SECURITY- JENNIFER EHLE ("ZERO DARK THIRTY") GUEST STARS

Liz (Megan Boone) helps Tom (Ryan Eggold) come to terms about their impending adoption while Red (James Spader) reveals that a woman from his past, Madeline Pratt (guest star, Jennifer Ehle) is the next target on the Blacklist. Elsewhere, at an elaborate party at the Syrian Embassy, Red convinces Liz to pull off a covert heist. Diego Klattenhoff, Harry Lennix and Parminder Nagra also star. TV-14 V

Episode 14 of 22

This is probably one of the coolest Blacklist promo spots. No spoilers. Spader's narration here is awesome.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pERleGwSrYs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-25-14, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 350 Likes on 269 Posts
Re: The Blacklist -- "Madeline Pratt" -- 2/24/14

Episode started off well (heist), but went stale after the plot turned into finding nukes. Very cliche for a law enforcement drama. I hope the new 24 doesn't deal with nukes haha

But I really liked the heist part and was glad Reddington was in a lot of scenes.

Pratt reminded me of a younger looking Meryl Streep too
Old 02-25-14, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Madeline Pratt was probably one of the weaker Blacklist villains. What really made this episode work was Red. Spader got a lot of screen time, which made up for the weaker villain.

Loved when Red pretended to be over the top gay when chatting with that goon holding Lizzie.

Pratt to Red: "If I was going to have an affair with someone, it would be someone with hair."

I when Red set up that fake kidnapping and got Pratt to reveal the coordinates thinking he was going to be tortured or killed.

Looks like Tom and the Fowler story will be lingering going into next week.
Old 02-25-14, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Red pretending to be gay was fantastic.
Old 02-27-14, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts

I still have a problem with Ressler being able to do all these physical things: running, jumping, etc. I want his PT for my torn ACL. He doesn't even have a limp.

Flaming gay Red was top notch!
Old 02-27-14, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
I still have a problem with Ressler being able to do all these physical things: running, jumping, etc. I want his PT for my torn ACL. He doesn't even have a limp!
That has been bugging me soo much! Episode after he had a cane. Episode after that he limped. Since then he has been fine. He should have seriously been sidelined.

I think the story Red told Madeline was pretty true. I'm willing to bet Elizabeth is family somehow, but perhaps not his daughter.
Old 02-27-14, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
I still have a problem with Ressler being able to do all these physical things: running, jumping, etc. I want his PT for my torn ACL. He doesn't even have a limp.
I hope you don't watch the US version of Shameless then:

Spoiler:
This season, one of the main characters (Frank, played by William H. Macy) has developed serious liver problems, and desperately needs a transplant. But he can't get one because he has no insurance, and he's such an alcoholic that charity organizations won't help, either. So he hatches a plan to break his leg on a neighbor's front steps so he can get cash to pay for the operation from her homeowner's policy. After a couple of failed attempts at breaking a leg, there's a really brutal scene where Frank is passed out on the sofa with his legs on the coffee table. His 12 year-old son, trying to help him out, duck tapes a bunch of weights to himself, climbs a stepladder, and jumps on the leg.

Anyway, that was like 1-2 episodes ago, and in the most recent episode Frank was able to stand up by himself in the shower. LOL WUT?