Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Marvel / Netflix projects discussion thread - news, rumors, etc.

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Marvel / Netflix projects discussion thread - news, rumors, etc.

Old 06-11-14, 01:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
re: Marvel's Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Defenders coming to Netflix

Originally Posted by taffer
Agreed. Especially if they base this on Frank Miller's run. A adaptation of Born Again would be awesome as hell.

Are these Marvel Netflix series just going to be one season? I know they are also doing Iron Fist, Power Man, Jessica Jones, and then have them team up in a Defenders series. Hopefully we get second seasons after that.
Probably depends how well they are accepted.

I say do even more heroes that way if this experiment works.
Old 06-11-14, 06:32 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Marvel's Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist & Defenders coming to Netflix

Originally Posted by resinrats
Probably depends how well they are accepted.

I say do even more heroes that way if this experiment works.
We might finally get a TV series based on Punisher MAX.
Old 06-11-14, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

I wonder if they will be open to selling these to syndication after two or three years?
Old 06-11-14, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 971 Likes on 684 Posts

Agreed. Especially if they base this on Frank Miller's run. A adaptation of Born Again would be awesome as hell.
Born again would be awesome, but I feel like that story demands a certain amount of investment in order to get the full impact. It would have to be a second season or something. You couldn't do it right off the bat.
Old 06-11-14, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

I want to know who they are casting as Stick.
Old 06-12-14, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 722 Likes on 527 Posts

^ How about Jon Bernthal in aging make up?
Old 06-12-14, 12:01 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I could see it...
Old 06-13-14, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My guess is they do these 60 and figure out what works. If Daredevil works and they can retain the cast, we get another season (or two or three). If another one doesn't work so well, they probably pull in other property (can anybody say Cloak & Dagger? LOL).
Old 06-15-14, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
My guess is they do these 60 and figure out what works. If Daredevil works and they can retain the cast, we get another season (or two or three). If another one doesn't work so well, they probably pull in other property (can anybody say Cloak & Dagger? LOL).
I was thinking more along the lines of Moon Knight, Man-Thing, or even Werewolf by Night.
Old 06-20-14, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Rosario Dawson has been added to the cast as an as-yet unnamed character.

Anyone thinks she fits Elektra Natchios?

Newsarama

Last edited by The Valeyard; 06-20-14 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-20-14, 02:24 PM

Received 4,554 Likes on 3,089 Posts

Originally Posted by The Valeyard

Newsarama
She will play a dedicated young woman whose quest to heal the wounds of Hell's Kitchen brings blind attorney Matt Murdock (Boardwalk Empire's Charlie Cox) unexpectedly crashing into her life, while her own journey forever alters the course of his battle against the injustices of this broken city.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...redevil-713686
Old 06-20-14, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by The Valeyard

Newsarama
Rosario Dawson Joins Cast of Netflix’s ‘Daredevil’
June 20, 2014 | 11:45AM PT
NY Digital Editor
Todd Spangler
NY Digital Editor @xpangler

Netflix and Disney’s Marvel Entertainment announced that Rosario Dawson has joined the cast of “Daredevil,” the original series based on the street-hero comic coming to the Internet streaming-video service in 2015.

Dawson, whose credits include “Kids,” “Cesar Chavez” and “Sin City” and appears in the upcoming “Sin City: A Dame To Kill For,” will play a dedicated young woman whose quest to heal the wounds of Hell’s Kitchen brings Matt Murdock (a.k.a. Daredevil) unexpectedly crashing into her life, while her own journey forever alters the course of his battle against the injustices of this broken city, according to Marvel.

British thesp Charlie Cox has landed the titular role of “Daredevil” in the live-action series, which is being produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios for Netflix. Vincent D’Onofrio is set to play Wilson Fisk in the series.

“Rosario Dawson is one the most charismatic, talented and powerful actresses in Hollywood, so she was always at the top of our list for ‘Marvel’s Daredevil,” Marvel head of TV Jeph Loeb said. “Her role in the series is absolutely critical to Matt Murdock’s journey to become the hero we know as Daredevil.”

“Daredevil,” the first of four Marvel original series slated to bow on Netflix, is exec produced by showrunner Steven S. DeKnight (“Spartacus”, “Buffy: The Vampire Slayer”) and Drew Goddard (“Cabin in the Woods,” “Lost,” “Buffy The Vampire Slayer”), along with Marvel TV’s Loeb (“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” “Smallville,” “Heroes”). Goddard also is writing the first two episodes of “Daredevil.”
Doesn't sound like Elektra.
Old 06-20-14, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Karen Page?
Old 06-20-14, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Or maybe they can cross over to Luke Cage if they have her be Misty Knight?
Old 06-20-14, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Typhoid Mary & Echo are two other possibilities.
Old 06-20-14, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow. Daredevil casting has been spot on, almost to the point where It would not be hard to see these actors on the Big Screen.
Old 06-20-14, 03:12 PM

Received 4,554 Likes on 3,089 Posts

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Wow. Daredevil casting has been spot on, almost to the point where It would not be hard to see these actors on the Big Screen.
I think that's the point. Test the waters with fringe characters who can potentially be bumped to the films if they choose to do so. I would much rather Daredevil got a film, and Punisher a series though instead.
Old 06-20-14, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 371 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by Navinabob
Typhoid Mary & Echo are two other possibilities.
My guess is Echo.

Old 06-20-14, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Karen Page

D
Old 06-20-14, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,922 Likes on 1,487 Posts

I know you can't really have a Daredevil series without the Kingpin, but how is he not considered a Spider-man villain and off limits?
Old 06-20-14, 08:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fujishig
I know you can't really have a Daredevil series without the Kingpin, but how is he not considered a Spider-man villain and off limits?
Kingpin was in the Affleck movie. Remember he was portrayed by Michael Clark Duncan. So when the Daredevil rights went back to Marvel, so did Kingpin.

I have never really associated Kingpin as a main Spider-Man villain. Yes, he first appeared in a Spider-Man comic, but that means nothing. Wolverine first appeared as a villain in a Hulk comic. I don't consider Wolverine a main Hulk villain.

Kingpin never really particularly ever did much of any significance to Spider-Man. He never fucked Spidey's life up like say Green Goblin, Venom, or Doc Ock have. Kingpin was a minor Spidey villain at best. He never came to any prominence until Frank Miller brought him over into the Daredevil and had him fuck up Daredevil and become Daredevil's archenemy. So in my mind, Kingpin is significantly more a Daredevil villain than a Spidey villain.
Old 06-20-14, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 371 Likes on 265 Posts

Kingpin was in the Affleck movie. Remember he was portrayed by Michael Clark Duncan. So when the Daredevil rights went back to Marvel, so did Kingpin.

I have never really associated Kingpin as a main Spider-Man villain. Yes, he first appeared in a Spider-Man comic, but that means nothing. Wolverine first appeared as a villain in a Hulk comic. I don't consider Wolverine a main Hulk villain.

Kingpin never really particularly ever did much of any significance to Spider-Man. He never fucked Spidey's life up like say Green Goblin, Venom, or Doc Ock have. Kingpin was a minor Spidey villain at best. He never came to any prominence until Frank Miller brought him over into the Daredevil and had him fuck up Daredevil and become Daredevil's archenemy. So in my mind, Kingpin is significantly more a Daredevil villain than a Spidey villain.
When the Daredevil movie was made, Fox had to borrow Kingpin from Sony because he was tied to the Spidey rights.

But in a recent interview Kevin Feige described it as being a similar situation to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, where both Sony and Marvel have access to him.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=98229
Old 06-21-14, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
Or maybe they can cross over to Luke Cage if they have her be Misty Knight?
Rosario would make a great Misty Knight, though I am fairly sure this casting is in fact for Elektra.
Old 06-21-14, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I always associated Kingpin with Spider-Man, but that was largely because of the cartoon.
Old 06-21-14, 07:49 AM

You are 100% correct. Daredevil was my favorite comic growing up in the 80s and early 90s. Kingpin was definitely his archenemy, no doubt about that.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.