Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Criminal Minds (Moving to Paramount +)

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-06, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts
I'm glad that this show is back. As I indicated on the Primetime TV ratings thread. I like the cast and the chemistry that they have together.
In regards to the premiere episode, It wasn't as strong as the first part but I liked it. I wasn't too excited about the Elle subplot but I liked how they gave Dr. Reid the spotlight along with some insight to his past. Glad to see that they made Garcia a regular this year.

BTW, I have some casting news in regards to
Spoiler:
Lola Glaudini. She's leaving the show on the sixth episode because she wants to pursue "other opportunities". I was surprised that they saved her from the gunshot but I guess it gives them an out for her to go. Supposedly, the show is trying to replace her with Portia DeRossi but nothing has been finalized.
Old 09-21-06, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Spoiler:
Lola Glaudini. She's leaving the show on the sixth episode because she wants to pursue "other opportunities". I was surprised that they saved her from the gunshot but I guess it gives them an out for her to go. Supposedly, the show is trying to replace her with Portia DeRossi but nothing has been finalized.
Spoiler:
I really like the female cast members more than the male. I'm rather surprised that she would do this. Seems like Caruso all over again, except she isn't really too vital to this show as Caruso was to his.

Watching the episode I kept thinking about Reid being the coolest nerd on TV right now. I really enjoyed the sequences where you'd see him (his body) and then all the things he was thinking of going around him. Like we were in his mind. Good stuff.
Old 09-21-06, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
I don't get why certain actors/actresses choose to bail out on their shows so early. Rory Cochrane, Sasha Alexander are recent examples. I wonder what "other opportunities" could be better than having a hit TV series and getting a regular pay check. When you sign up for a TV series, you should know what your getting into....10 months of shooting and 15 hour days. I know Rory's contract with CSI Miami bans him from returning to TV for at least 5 years.
Old 09-29-06, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Paget Brewster will be joining the show as the new profiler as per zap2it.com

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-br...news-headlines
Old 09-30-06, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Spoiler:
WOOOOOOO. I love Paget Brewster!
Old 10-25-06, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Criminal Minds -- "The Boogeyman" -- 10/25/06

Writer: Andi Bushell
Director: Steve Boyum
Star: Shemar Moore (Special Agent Derek Morgan), Matthew Gray Gubler (Special Agent Dr. Spencer Reid), Mandy Patinkin (Special Agent Jason Gideon), Lola Glaudini (Special Agent Elle Greenaway), A.J. Cook (Special Agent Jennifer "JJ" Jareau), Kirsten Vangsness (Penelope Garcia), Thomas Gibson (Special Agent Aaron Hotchner)

Spoiler:
The BAU team travels to a small Texas community to investigate the murders of children. Meanwhile, Elle is having readjustment issues after being shot, and Hotch becomes worried about her when she misses a mandatory psych evaluation and isn't answering her cell phone.
Old 10-25-06, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Pretty damn good episode.

Nevermind, found the answer I was looking for.

Last edited by Quake1028; 10-25-06 at 10:57 PM.
Old 10-29-06, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I like the way they wrote Elle out of the show. Maybe is possible for her to come back even as one of the "criminals" later on. She still had lots of anger and resentment for the team not being there for her.
Old 02-04-07, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Criminal Minds post Super Bowl Episode 2/4

Originally Aired: February 04, 2007
The BAU team investigates a wealthy couple's murder at their home following a Super Bowl party; someone places a 911 call quoting Bible passages seconds before the murders.

I have actually never watched the show, and am going to give it a chance.
Old 02-04-07, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

interesting beginning to the show with the end of the show playing on the screen!
Old 02-04-07, 09:34 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Hey it's the guy from "Four Kings" that got whacked!

... and Patrick Swayze's brother!

Spoiler:
I'm going to call it and say that the killer has a split personality.

Last edited by Goldberg74; 02-04-07 at 09:37 PM.
Old 02-04-07, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
I have actually never watched the show, and am going to give it a chance.
My first time too. Man, is this BAD. Unsub, unsub, unsub! What's viral? What's trojan? Unsub unsub!
Old 02-04-07, 10:57 PM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts
The show is usually much better. They seemed to "dumb down" this episode (and fill it with stupid cliches) for all the new viewers. I was really expecting a good episode for the post-SuperBowl slot. Pretty disappointing.
Old 02-04-07, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, this was a sub-par episode and worse yet, it was continued. Like the FBI doesn't know where the other two agents are.
Old 02-05-07, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

First time viewer and it will probably be my last. Who gave that dimwit permission to carry a gun? I'm guessing he's supposed to be some kind of genius that not only can't tie his own shoes, but doesn't know better than to run into a cornfield by himself, all the while yelling for the blonde chick. Oh brother!
Old 02-05-07, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've seen an episode or two this one was predictible from the very beginning as noted by Goldberg above, and yes they made the agents look like complete idiots, but it seemed different from the other two episodes I recall seeing before. I'll continue watching, but it sucks if this was your first experience w/ the show. I'm guessing it might have had something to do with stringing out the story over 2 episodes as well.
Old 02-05-07, 12:59 PM

This show is beating Lost in the ratings?
Old 02-05-07, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
It was a pretty bad episode and I usually enjoy CM. The "twist" was painfully obvious from the get go (i.e. Gideon with mocking birds). At least Dawson looked like Peyton Manning/Skeet's brother.

Anyway, apparently, it didn't do so well in the ratings post-superbowl. The show is perhaps too dark to follow the superbowl. Perhaps, they needed the three FBI agents to be shown showering together in the beginning.
Old 02-05-07, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by chowderhead

The show is perhaps too dark to follow the superbowl. Perhaps, they needed the three FBI agents to be shown showering together in the beginning.
I think this show is a bit much for the Super Bowl crowd. I think a show like Family Guy is best for a post sports show audience. its just dumb enough to keep everyones attention and people don't have to think.
Old 02-05-07, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by chowderhead
Anyway, apparently, it didn't do so well in the ratings post-superbowl. The show is perhaps too dark to follow the superbowl. Perhaps, they needed the three FBI agents to be shown showering together in the beginning.
The "darkness" has nothing to do with it. This was simply an awful episode of television. No suspense, corny performances, clumsy and obvious "twist", ridiculous pointless exposition (the viral video conversations, the "don't you answer your cell phone? Oh we were out in the countryside and there was spotty coverage"). LOL.

I mean, if you're making an episode of television with such an awesome premise (snuff films and a split-personality religious fundamentalist killer), you almost have to actively TRY to make it bad, yet somehow they managed to pull if off. Maybe the show is much better normally, but I'll never know. I don't have any interest in watching another episode, not even with the cliffhanger. Too many better alternatives out there.
Old 02-05-07, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
its just dumb enough to keep everyones attention and people don't have to think.
I know you were trying to slam Family Guy with this statement, but you just completely described this episode of Criminal Minds.

I never cared for the show, and this ep was just unbelievably bad. The ratings were still fantastic though, not quite up to Grey's Anatomy last year, but still drastically higher than other shows (Alias, Family Guy, etc; )
Old 02-05-07, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
I haven't seen the episode yet, but from the sounds of all the criticism here, it sounds like it was hastily thrown together to capitalize off the Super Bowl audience. When this show premiered last season, I thought it was DOA since it was up against Lost and with a huge glut of crime procedurals. But, I actually really like the show....It has some elements that make it a little different from others like it.

Would you all rather have seen the season premiere of Survivor Fiji instead?
Old 02-05-07, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
I haven't seen the episode yet, but from the sounds of all the criticism here, it sounds like it was hastily thrown together to capitalize off the Super Bowl audience. When this show premiered last season, I thought it was DOA since it was up against Lost and with a huge glut of crime procedurals. But, I actually really like the show....It has some elements that make it a little different from others like it.

Would you all rather have seen the season premiere of Survivor Fiji instead?
Yes!
Old 02-05-07, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Didn't catch this episode, but I do own the first season on DVD, and for the most part I really enjoyed it. Sorry to hear it was a bad one last night.
Old 02-05-07, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by RichC2
I know you were trying to slam Family Guy with this statement, but you just completely described this episode of Criminal Minds.

I never cared for the show, and this ep was just unbelievably bad. The ratings were still fantastic though, not quite up to Grey's Anatomy last year, but still drastically higher than other shows (Alias, Family Guy, etc; )
actually, I wasn't slamming FG at all. what I meant was when you have a ton of people who just had a fun time watching a sporting event and having lots of drinks(which I myself don't know of one person who doesn't booze up while watching the big game) and a serious show like Criminal Minds is not the type of follow up show people want to watch. FG on the other hand is just a fun show that anyone can enjoy even if you only have 1 brain cell left.

Last edited by ChrisHicks; 02-05-07 at 06:29 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.