Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Criminal Minds (Moving to Paramount +)

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-07, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisHicks
actually, I wasn't slamming FG at all. what I meant was when you have a ton of people who just had a fun time watching a sporting event and having lots of drinks(which I myself don't know of one person who doesn't booze up while watching the big game) and a serious show like Criminal Minds is not the type of follow up show people want to watch. FG on the other hand is just a fun show that anyone can enjoy even if you only have 1 brain cell left.
Well what about last year when Grey's Anatomy aired after the Super Bowl on ABC? Grey's is generally a pretty serious show, but not in the realm of Criminal Minds. It managed to get over 30 Million viewers last year. So, are you saying people following a big sports game people aren't in the mood to watch anything that requires a brain cell? What can you say then about those Grey's fans from last seasons game?
Old 02-05-07, 07:25 PM

Location: Sacremende (by way of the worst place on Earth: cincinnati, ky)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd only previously watched one ep of the show,
Spoiler:
something about a student setting people on fire
, but man was this bad. Even with Mandy Patinkin and AJ Cook, I could only get through about half the episode. With Lost moving to 10pm, there was an opening for a show at 9pm, but this isn't it.
Old 02-07-07, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 609 Likes on 351 Posts
Another dissatisfied first-timer here. The commercials looked interesting enough for me to record it, but I won't bother with part 2 or any further episodes.
Old 09-26-07, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Criminal Minds--Season Premiere--"Doubt"--Mandy Patinkin's last full episode 9/26/07

This is officially Mandy Patinkin's last full episode as star of this show. This was suppose to be episode 21 last season, but was yanked because of the VA Tech tragedy.

Synopsis:
Spoiler:
"Doubt" - After shutting the campus down, Gideon, Hotch and the BAU team create a detailed profile of their UnSub, but when the killings on campus continue after they take a suspect into custody, the team begins to doubt themselves, on the third season premiere of CRIMINAL MINDS, Wednesday, Sept. 26 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Reagrding next week:

Spoiler:
Mandy appears in 1 scene and he's done
Old 09-27-07, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, no comments? I thought this was a very good ep and an interesting way to write Gideon out. I certainly don't want to see Hotch go. As to who the letter is for, I'm guessing it's
Spoiler:
Dr. Reed
Old 09-27-07, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I also thought it was pretty good. However, this show is going to feel way too different if they lose both Gideon and Hotch. Is Thomas Gibson leaving the show also?
Old 09-28-07, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Thomas Gibson is still remaining with the show. Joe Mategna should appear between episode 3-5.
Old 09-28-07, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by NORML54601
Wow, no comments? I thought this was a very good ep and an interesting way to write Gideon out. I certainly don't want to see Hotch go. As to who the letter is for, I'm guessing it's
Spoiler:
Dr. Reed
Who the letter is for? what letter? I guess the show isn't fresh in my mind b/c I remember the end where Hotch gets suspended, but don't remember a letter. Can someone refresh my memory? I also thought it was a good way to write out Gideon.
Old 09-28-07, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^^^ Throughout the ep, Gideon's narration is him writing his suicide letter.
Old 09-28-07, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I thought it was a really entertaining episode. I liked how they used the episode that originally got pulled by CBS because it might’ve been “Too controversial” cause it was around the time of the VA Tech tragedy.

The actual Crime wasn’t Criminal Minds best story but the added scenes with Patinkin were really good & although he’s apparently a hard actor to work with, it’s sad to see him go because his character was entertaining for the show. Mategna should be good but it’ll be different, no doubt. One thing I’ve always liked about Criminal Minds over most of the CBS ‘Crime Dramas’ is that although there’s not a ton of character development, it doesn’t matter because the cases are actually intriguing.

I’m actually really looking forward to next week’s episode, “In Birth and Death”.
Old 09-28-07, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Flave
^^^ Throughout the ep, Gideon's narration is him writing his suicide letter.
Oh geez, I knew he was writing a letter throughout the whole show!
Yet I couldn't even remember. I was dog tired Wednesday night from getting no sleep Tuesday night from a mini-emergency and was fighting myself to stay awake. I didn't even pickup on the fact that it was a suicide note... I thought he was writing it to the family of the girl that got bludgeoned with the rock, after they had the original guy in custody. At least, that's what it sounded like to me. I thought it was a "I'm sorry about your daughter, this is why I'm retiring" letter. I'll go back and rewatch the episode this weekend.
Old 09-28-07, 04:29 PM

Somebody help me out here...Why does the director (or whatever her title is) have the hots for Hotch?? Does she really think he's doing a lousy job, or is it some Alberto Gonzalez type move where she needs to move Hotch out so she can move one of her cronies in? Her whole "Hotch is a screwup" line smells faked to me.
Old 09-29-07, 08:40 AM

Hotch didn't play along with her in an earlier episode (the one with the DC hookers?).

I'll admit, Mandy seems like he could be a real ass in person, but I'll miss him. Amazing how much I liked him in Dead Like Me and this show.
Old 09-29-07, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts
How bizarre. My DVR recorded the whole show, but only showed me the last 30 mins as the first 30 mins. Didn't get to see any of the 1st half. Oh well, got to see what the deal was with Gideon.
Old 10-03-07, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Criminal Minds--"In Birth and Death"--10/3/07--Mandy Patinkin's final episode

I guess Gideon will meet his maker tonight. Nice knowing you Mandy, good luck finding another TV series!

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The BAU is in chaos when Gideon disappears, Hotch asks for a transfer and Prentiss resigns; the remaining agents are left to track a serial killer in Milwaukee. Haley: Meredith Monroe. Joe: Eddie Cibrian. Vicki: Lucia Sullivan. Erin Strauss: Jayne Atkinson. Det. Wolynski: Gordon Clapp.
Old 10-03-07, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This ought to be an interesting episode.
Old 10-04-07, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe I don't feel as bad for missing that fact that it appeared to be a suicide note last week's episode because it looks like it was a "goodbye, I don't know where I'm going but I'm going somewhere" note for Reed. I really thought the show was missing something with Prentiss and Hotchner until they got there and glad they are staying. Screw Hotchner's wife.
Old 10-04-07, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by GradVT06
Screw Hotchner's wife.
Don't mind if I do!
Old 10-04-07, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bet Mandy comes back eventually.
Old 10-04-07, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Hotchner's wife is such a bitch.

Last week's note did seem like a suicide note and I thought that would have made a really interesting ending to Gideon's character. Oh well, the show moves one. Heard that they had to shoot that final scene with Patinkin with a separate crew since all the Criminal Minds cast and crew refused to work with him again.

BTW, I really dislike Jayne Atkinson. Terrible actress. She was bad as Karen Hayes on 24 and I really hated her as Erin Strauss.

Looking forward to Mategna joining the show.
Old 10-04-07, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts
FUCK. This is the second time in consecutive weeks the show didn't get recorded properly on my DirecTV HDDVR.
Old 10-04-07, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
Looking forward to Mategna joining the show.
When is his first episode?
Old 10-04-07, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by aintnosin
When is his first episode?
Mantegna will make his debut in episode 5.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...al-minds_N.htm
Old 10-05-07, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Hotch's wife is a complete cunny, I was really hoping he called Garcia to track the calls, maybe he will next week.
Old 10-09-07, 06:25 AM

Great episode & although I should’ve expected that Gideon wasn’t going to kill himself, I still thought the writers were going to kill him off. Oh well, I’m sad that Mandy’s gone & I doubt they’ll ever bring him back, if he doesn’t even want to film one scene with them & needs to have a totally different crew film the scene.

I’m glad Hotch decided to stay with the BAU, after Morgan whined at him. He’ll probably end up blaming Morgan for his divorce.

Nice to see Gordon Clapp & that guy from Third Watch who was the guy killing all those woman, who his son lured in. His wife was a pretty big bitch to leave him because he had an inoperable brain tumor.

Anyways, solid episode & I can’t wait too see what Mantegna is going to be like on the show.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.