Criminal Minds (Moving to Paramount +)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Criminal Minds (Moving to Paramount +)

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-16, 12:41 PM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts
re: Criminal Minds (Moving to Paramount +)

Fired: http://tvline.com/2016/08/12/thomas-...red-season-12/
Old 08-12-16, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://www.tmz.com/2016/08/12/thomas...job-uncertain/

TMZ is reporting that Gibson's job may be on the line and he could be fired from the show and written out.

I hope he doesn't get fired. That would be a huge blow to the show, especially now in it's 12th season.
How many more seasons do you really think it has? -- with or without Gibson.
Old 08-12-16, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

I'll have to look it up, but it still pulls in decent numbers.
Old 08-12-16, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

I wonder if Hotch will meet a fate similar to Gideon.
Even though the show is a bit long in the tooth, I still enjoy it each week. Thomas Gibson was at least partially responsible for that. The show has survived cast turnover before, and even thrived in the wake of it. By my count that only leaves Garcia and Reid as the only original cast members left, right? I suppose they could bring back Prentiss and have her lead the team, or maybe the new shakeup would convince Shemar Moore to return sooner than he had originally wanted. Gary Sinise is an option, I suppose. Although I am not really a fan of his.
Old 08-12-16, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Most logical thing to do would be to try to convince Paget Brewster to stay on the remainder of the season. Her character would be the most qualified to take over as BAU chief. Prentiss is popular with the long time fans and I think it would be really difficult to try to cast an outsider right now.

Sucks for Gibson. This incident will be a black mark on his record and I'm sure he will be passed over for many future jobs since he allegedly has a temper and will be deemed difficult to work with. He can forget any future CBS pilots.
Old 08-12-16, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts

Wow. I am amazed CBS had the balls to fire him. Probably the right decision with an assault, but still. If they kill him off, his kid on the show is the unluckiest kid tv character ever.

I gotta imagine this put the nail in the coffin of this show.

Jjcool: AJ Cook is an original cast member, but she left the show (involuntarily) but came back. I think Shemar Moore is done with show completely. Sounds like he wanted to do something else.

Last edited by Deftones; 08-12-16 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-12-16, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk God

I just did a quick scan on Twitter and none of the cast is talking/reacting off the incident.

Only comment I saw was from Larry Teng who directed some episodes of the show:

Larry Teng ‏@larryteng 6h6 hours ago
I've always enjoyed working w/#ThomasGibson and the cast on @CrimMinds_CBS. He was never anything but kind & respectful. Sad to see him go.
Assaulting a colleague is grounds for immediate termination in any profession. CBS probably had no choice in the matter and had to do it. I did read on TMZ the Producer who reported him is kind of an aggressive personality who practices MMA. Supposedly he kind of pushed Gibson into it.

As for the show's ratings.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/cr...ratings-38269/

It averaged a little over 9M viewers and 1.8 last season. Still decent numbers for a 12 year old show. However, it barely gets renewed every year because it's so expensive to make now.
Old 08-12-16, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

As for the show's ratings.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/cr...ratings-38269/

It averaged a little over 9M viewers and 1.8 last season. Still decent numbers for a 12 year old show. However, it barely gets renewed every year because it's so expensive to make now.
In that case, I suspect this will be the last year. Unless they cast a big name, I can't see the ratings improving.
Old 08-12-16, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk God

I have to assume the cast is under a gag order to not talk about it.
Old 08-12-16, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deftones
I have to assume the cast is under a gag order to not talk about it.
Probably. Also, I'm not exactly a fan of the producers given how they treated AJ Cook and Paget Brewster, though it would appear Gibson had to go.
Old 08-13-16, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Most logical thing to do would be to try to convince Paget Brewster to stay on the remainder of the season. Her character would be the most qualified to take over as BAU chief. Prentiss is popular with the long time fans and I think it would be really difficult to try to cast an outsider right now.
Agreed. I initially didn't like the character. If I am remembering correctly, it was probably because she replaced Lola Glaudini, who I really liked. That being said, she has gronw on me, both as a character and as an actress. I thought she was great in Grandfathered last season, and would welcome her back to Criminal Minds, if that is what they decide to do.

Jjcool: AJ Cook is an original cast member, but she left the show (involuntarily) but came back. I think Shemar Moore is done with show completely. Sounds like he wanted to do something else.
AJ is by far my favorite actress on the show. I thought she was an original cast member, but with all the cast changes, and her leaving and coming back it really is tough to keep track. I checked teh cast list, and according to IMDB she was not in the first episode, but was in the second. I, of course, only checked the first episode cast list to see who was an original cast member.

As to Shemar, I totally understand him wanting to move on. He's been on this show for over 10 years. He was on the Young and the Restless for over 10 years, he wants to do something new. I get it. From what I have read though, the writers wrote him off in a way that he could come back, and Shemar said he was open to coming back for guest appearances. Maybe Gibson getting fired may alter his plans. Who knows? I guess we will find out before too long what the showrunners decide to do.
Old 08-27-16, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcool
By my count that only leaves Garcia and Reid as the only original cast members left, right?
JJ is still around. Figured you'd notice, what with your name and everything.

I suppose they could bring back Prentiss and have her lead the team, or maybe the new shakeup would convince Shemar Moore to return sooner than he had originally wanted.
Shemar would be the logical choice if he hadn't just left. The character had been offered the lead on another office before.

Gary Sinise is an option, I suppose.
Since the other show is still going, I doubt it. He might like the promotion to a more visible show, but CBS wouldn't allow it. He's about the only thing the other show has going for it.

It would be gratifying after the way they treated her, for them to have to call on her to basically save the show.

Sucks for Gibson. This incident will be a black mark on his record and I'm sure he will be passed over for many future jobs since he allegedly has a temper and will be deemed difficult to work with. He can forget any future CBS pilots.
From what I read, this was a third strike for him after two other incidents.

I think Shemar Moore is done with show completely. Sounds like he wanted to do something else.
From what I have read, a difficult relationship with Gibson was one of the reasons he left. All those scenes where they got along well? Acting.

Last edited by aintnosin; 08-28-16 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Too much logic.
Old 08-28-16, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by aintnosin
JJ is still around. Figured you'd notice, what with your name and everything.
AJ is by far my favorite actress on the show. I thought she was an original cast member, but with all the cast changes, and her leaving and coming back it really is tough to keep track. I checked teh cast list, and according to IMDB she was not in the first episode, but was in the second. I, of course, only checked the first episode cast list to see who was an original cast member.

She is my favorite, but apparently wasn't in the pilot episode.
Old 08-30-16, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk God

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/30...series-regular

Huge news

Paget Brewster returns fulltime as series regular

Nice. I kind of predicted a few posts back that would be the wisest move by CBS.
Old 08-30-16, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Great news!
Old 08-30-16, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome.

This does make her the Jorja Fox of Criminal Minds, though.
Old 08-31-16, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by aintnosin
Awesome.

This does make her the Jorja Fox of Criminal Minds, though.
Except Brewster is a far superior actor compared to Fox.
Old 08-31-16, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not surprising, but it is welcome. She really grew on me. When she was first added to the cast, I hated her character. But now I like the character. I thought she was great on Grandfathered last season.
Old 08-31-16, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 460 Likes on 373 Posts

I wonder how much begging they had to do or how much money they gave her to have her back. As someone stated, I believe this may be the final season for this show.
Old 08-31-16, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
I wonder how much begging they had to do or how much money they gave her to have her back. As someone stated, I believe this may be the final season for this show.
I'm guessing it's a combination of her getting a nice salary bump and her wanting a full time job at least for the rest of this season.

She tried to leave the show to venture into comedy, but that hasn't quite worked out.

Season 12 is probably going to be the last season. I'm watching this until the very end, but I would honestly be really surprised if this comes back for a 13th season. The last several years have always been a last minute struggle to renew this show because it's going more and more expensive to make and CBS is paying most of the bill. ABC co-produces the show and apparently they are profiting the most from it.
Old 09-22-16, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk God

I just saw a promo for this upcoming season for the first time. No mention of Gibson being booted obviously, but they are heavily promoting Adam Rodriguez showing up and Paget Brewster coming back.
Old 09-28-16, 06:48 AM

Received 4,584 Likes on 3,103 Posts

AGENT LUKE ALVEZ JOINS THE BAU TEAM, WHICH IS TASKED WITH CAPTURING A KILLER WHO ESCAPED PRISON WITH 13 OTHER CONVICTS AT THE END OF LAST SEASON, ON THE 12th SEASON PREMIERE OF "CRIMINAL MINDS," WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 28

Adam Rodriguez Joins the Cast as Luke Alvez, a New Recruit to the BAU from the FBI's Fugitive Task Force

"The Crimson King" - Agent Luke Alvez (Adam Rodriguez)
joins the BAU team, which is tasked with capturing a killer who escaped prison with 13 other convicts at the end of last season, on the 12th season premiere of CRIMINAL MINDS, Wednesday, Sept. 28 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Adam Rodriguez joins the cast as Luke Alvez, a new recruit to the BAU from the FBI's Fugitive Task Force.

REGULAR CAST:

Joe Mantegna (David Rossi)
Thomas Gibson (Aaron Hotchner)
Matthew Gray Gubler (Dr. Spencer Reid)
A.J. Cook (Jennifer "JJ" Jareau)
Aisha Tyler (Dr. Tara Lewis)
Kirsten Vangsness (Penelope Garcia)
Adam Rodriguez (Luke Alvez)

GUEST CAST:

Bodhi Elfman (Peter Lewis)
Erik Stocklin (Brian Phillips)
Bobby Ray Shafer (Chief Arthur Emmett)
Jeff Kongs (Officer Chet Dewey)
Amy Landon (Carla Jean Birch)
Tim Abell (Earl Roy Everton)
Kraig Dane (Daniel Cullen)
Tom Jenkins (Bob Phillips)
Jami Ferreira (Gail Phillips)
Sarah Buehler (Mistress Magdaline)
Ashlynn Ross (Chelsea Carter)
Randolph Thompson (Doctor Jones)
Brooke Culbertson (Officer Dewey's Wife)
Gavin Michael Pierce (Officer Dewey's Son)

WRITTEN BY: Breen Frazier, one of the series' executive producers

DIRECTED BY: Glenn Kershaw
Old 09-28-16, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Going to be interesting how they write out Gibson after next week.

Thomas Gibson had an interview with People magazine recently and explained the entire incident.

http://www.people.com/article/thomas...-criminal-mind

Here's the key excerpt:

Gibson says he was filming the second episode of the upcoming twelfth season of his hit CBS drama on July 26 when tensions flared between him and writer-producer Virgil Williams.

"We were shooting a scene late one night when I went to Virgil and told him there was a line that I thought contradicted an earlier line," says Gibson. "He said, 'Sorry, it's necessary, and I absolutely have to have it.' "

Frustrated, Gibson says he returned back to set and was sharing Williams' response with some of his castmates when Williams entered the room.

"He came into that room and started coming towards me. As he brushed past me, my foot came up and tapped him on the leg," Gibson recalls. "If I hadn't moved, he would have run into me. We had some choice words, for which I apologized the next day, and that was it. It was over. We shot the scene, I went home – and I never got to go back."

If what he's saying is accurate, it sounds like the whole incident was blown way out of proportion.
Old 09-28-16, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, to be fair, that's if he's being totally honest. I would want to hear an unbiased party but I doubt there's one in this case. And in fairness to Gibson, the producers behind this series are suspect given how they've treated the talent in the past, like Paget Brewster and AJ Cook.
Old 09-30-16, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk God

http://www.cbs.com/shows/criminal_mi...ker-this-fall/

Damon Gupton, most recently on Bates Motel, was cast as a series regular. He will play a new BAU agent.

He was also on the cancelled NBC show The Player.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.