TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Breaking Bad -- "Rabid Dog" -- 9/01/13

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-13, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Breaking Bad -- "Rabid Dog" -- 9/01/13

Originally Posted by Mike86
Well no shit. Still though Jesse is the only witness that Hank has that can back up his story. It seems like it's in his best interest to try and keep Jesse around to add credibility to his story when the questioning goes on later. Especially now that Walt's trying to frame him. Plus I don't work with law enforcement but I kind of doubt that they like to just have a person they're depending on to get evidence be killed if it can be avoided. Hank seemed to not really give a shit which to me seemed a bit foolish.
1) They took a video of Jesse for the very concern you highlight. Hank was also smart enough to have Gomie there so noone could claim it was coerced or doctored.

2) Jesse has no hard evidence to tie Walt to anything.

Dead or alive they've gotten what they can out of him. The only useful evidence they can get moving forward involves him interacting with Walt and getting him on tape. Sure they can do this through official channels and get better protection on the meet but Hank covered this - once he is put into the system, he believes there is a high likelihood Walt will find out and that would crush any chance of Jesse getting Walt on tape (and also would put Jesse in the crosshairs of Walt for certain)
Old 09-02-13, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I liked Marie's "Is this bad for Walt?" response.
Old 09-02-13, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

RJ Mites exact words were
Spoiler:
"After this i'm dead. no more Walt Jr." I think he just meant him as an actor and not the character.
Old 09-02-13, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand the dramatic purpose having Jesse start to actually light the fire served (i.e., showed he really was going to go through with it). But, it kind of bugged me knowing that, in a gas fire, the thing that ignites is the fumes, and there were probably plenty built up to cause ignition as soon as there was a spark. Or, at least, a good enough chance that would happen that a DEA agent probably wouldn't have stuck around after coming upon that scene.
Old 09-02-13, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 618 Likes on 497 Posts

Loved the Babylon 5 reference.
Old 09-02-13, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thought a little bit more about this episode. In Breaking Bad some episodes work better in a marathon viewing. The most infamous of course is "Fly". Watching the series "live" every week, and then watching that episode, that was hard for most people.

Quiet episode, the calm before the storm. Not a lot to comment about it, other than rethread previous theories, and of course include the Malcolm in the Middle reference.
Old 09-02-13, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

was watching tv (CNN) just now and a commercial came on for Buy Belize touting what a great place Belize would be to retire ..... LOL

http://youtu.be/wf5P21cTS6Y
Old 09-02-13, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,157 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by wirefan
1) They took a video of Jesse for the very concern you highlight. Hank was also smart enough to have Gomie there so noone could claim it was coerced or doctored.

2) Jesse has no hard evidence to tie Walt to anything.

Dead or alive they've gotten what they can out of him. The only useful evidence they can get moving forward involves him interacting with Walt and getting him on tape. Sure they can do this through official channels and get better protection on the meet but Hank covered this - once he is put into the system, he believes there is a high likelihood Walt will find out and that would crush any chance of Jesse getting Walt on tape (and also would put Jesse in the crosshairs of Walt for certain)
Still though I think it would be better for Hank if Jesse lived. If he ends up dead and this tape shows up of him confessing to everything that he and Walt were involved with how do the authorities not know that Hank made him make a confession to save his own ass and had him taken care of later? Sure he had Gomez there but him and Hank are buddy-buddy for all outsiders know maybe he's got him in on it too.
Old 09-02-13, 02:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/breakin...-12-rabid-dog/

EW.com thought this episode sucked.
EW sucks
Old 09-02-13, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Loved the Babylon 5 reference.
Dammit Walt it's Badger not Beaver!
Old 09-02-13, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Didn't like how they ignored Gomez's reaction to hearing Hank's news, and how did Hank ever get him to agree to help him? Now Gomez is complicit in Hank's actions. Having the suspect (jesse) stay at the agent's house can't be customary procedure.

Overall, thought the show was kinda "off", maybe because last week was so great!
Old 09-02-13, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Coral
But why should he? Hank pointed out that Jesse is a murderer, and he's right.

As much as Jesse is more likeable than Walt, he's still not a great person - he's just more redeemable.
But the question I was responding to wasn't if he should care or not, it was if he did care about Jesse becoming a victim. As I said before Hank made it known that the doesn't care.

Something I was thinking about: that taped interview was missing a huge important detail. Jesse failed to admit to killing Gale. I'd be surprised if it doesn't factor in his characters ending.
Old 09-02-13, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Something I was thinking about: that taped interview was missing a huge important detail. Jesse failed to admit to killing Gale. I'd be surprised if it doesn't factor in his characters ending.
How do we know this for sure? It wasn't specifically mentioned but we also didn't see the actual interview so who knows what was all discussed. To be honest I kind of hope that the interview with Jesse, Hank, and Gomez is expanded on in the Blu-ray set for this season. I thought it would have been a good scene.
Old 09-02-13, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If Jesse could testify against Walt, I could see him not getting indicted for all the drug charges he'd have admitted to. I don't think they'd look the other way for Gale's murder.
Old 09-02-13, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RoyalTea
If Jesse could testify against Walt, I could see him not getting indicted for all the drug charges he'd have admitted to. I don't think they'd look the other way for Gale's murder.
I'm sure they wouldn't but if he's working with them he still would probably get a reduced sentence at least. I think if he told them everything else I don't see why he would glaze over a detail like that when the killing of Gale and Todd shooting Drew are probably what's affected him the most along with Brock being poisoned. It's been clear since season four that he was having a difficult time dealing with having killed Gale.
Old 09-02-13, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

actually, didn't Hank call Jesse a "junkie murderer?" not sure what murder he's referring to.
Old 09-02-13, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Does anyone believe there's going to be arrests, prosecution and testifying of anyone in the coming 4 episodes??
Old 09-02-13, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by cungar
Does anyone believe there's going to be arrests, prosecution and testifying of anyone in the coming 4 episodes??
Obviously the timeline is going to shift at some point. I have to figure that at least the last two episodes will be six months ahead where the flash forwards have taken place. So there is likely some major shit going down in the next two episodes.
Old 09-02-13, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

actually, didn't Hank call Jesse a "junkie murderer?" not sure what murder he's referring to.
Guessing he confessed to Gale?

Nope, no one is going to jail.
Old 09-02-13, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cungar
No. It seems like that's what the show wants us to believe might happen but I have a feeling that a monkeywrench will be thrown into the story probably in the next episode or two that stops that. I do think that Jesse is going to continue semi cooperating with Hank and Gomez though and you never know if anything we could see him maybe make a deal and end up getting put away for a while and ending his chapter of the story. I think it seems a bit too neat of an ending for this series though. Plus as was mentioned there's going to be a time jump clearly from the opening scene of the season plus the one from season 5A. That must take place around six months or so after current events I'm guessing.
Old 09-02-13, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

My thoughts exactly. When hank called Jesse a "junkie murderer", I wasn't sure if he meant an accessory to the street corner dealers, the two guys in Season 1, Gus Fring, the two crispy dudes in the lab, or what. But shooting Gale in cold blood, execution style, is definitely one murder for which they wouldn't grant immunity.
Old 09-02-13, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
Plus as was mentioned there's going to be a time jump clearly from the opening scene of the season plus the one from season 5A. That must take place around six months or so after current events I'm guessing.
I'm wondering about that as well. I wonder if WW really did go underground to New Hampshire, or if the ID and license plates were just a cover for him, and he never left the ABQ.

Also, I assumed that the house had been seized by the Feds through some legal proceeding, thus leading to it being condemned and vandalized. This would all take time.

If the two flash forward scenes we've seen thus far take place at the beginning of Episode 8, then a LOT will have to happen in the next three.
Old 09-02-13, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

One scene I hope they show is Walt Jr. being told the truth about his father. I would prefer that over The Gomez scene.
Old 09-02-13, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
I'm wondering about that as well. I wonder if WW really did go underground to New Hampshire, or if the ID and license plates were just a cover for him, and he never left the ABQ.

Also, I assumed that the house had been seized by the Feds through some legal proceeding, thus leading to it being condemned and vandalized. This would all take time.

If the two flash forward scenes we've seen thus far take place at the beginning of Episode 8, then a LOT will have to happen in the next three.
To be honest I'm kind of wondering if the events of the next four episodes will be split and we'll see the last of what's going on in the current time in the next two episodes and the aftermath and finale in the two after. Either way yeah, it does seem like a lot of shit must happen in these final four episodes.
Old 09-02-13, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts

Originally Posted by wirefan
Maybe not doctored, but easily could argue coerced. He's not in a police setting, he hadn't been apparently read his rights (that we saw). He's also being "stashed" at Hank's house. There are so many things procedurally wrong with what Hank did, it's not even funny.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.