Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Breaking Bad -- "Rabid Dog" -- 9/01/13

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-13, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: Breaking Bad -- "Rabid Dog" -- 9/01/13

This episode didn't get me as amped up as the previous ones.

I really like the music/sounds they play when Jesse gets pissed.
Old 09-01-13, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Did RJ Mitte drop a major spoiler about his character on Talking Bad tonight? Maybe I didn't hear it right, but the host quickly came back saying oh no you shouldn't say that. Holy crap if it is true.

Good episode, but it didn't really move the story forward much. They spent a good chunk of time on Walt and the gasoline carpet. I felt a bit cheated that we didn't get to see more of Jesse's confession. When did Hank tell his partner about Walt?
Old 09-01-13, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder about the title of next episode. I mean, I googled the name, that's why I'm wondering about it.

I'm putting the title of next week episode in spoilers, you can google the name, check Wikipedia, nothing that will spoil the show.

Spoiler:

To'hajiilee
Old 09-01-13, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
I think Hank just made it clear he doesn't give a shit about Jesse.
But why should he? Hank pointed out that Jesse is a murderer, and he's right.

As much as Jesse is more likeable than Walt, he's still not a great person - he's just more redeemable.

This shit is getting extra juicy. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Old 09-01-13, 11:27 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Solid episode tonight. Really sets the stage for the final stretch (or so we're led to assume).
Old 09-01-13, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I thought the episode was great personally. Loved the reveal mid-episode that Jesse didn't go through with burning down the White's home due to Hank interfering. Hank is kind of a slimeball too with his approach to taking down Walt and especially in this episode where he basically admitted he doesn't give a rat's ass about Jesse and whether he lives or dies despite him basically being the one chance to save his ass. Granted I suppose he's desperate to try and save his reputation and career but still.

I really wonder what it is that Jesse has up his sleeve and what exactly he means by hitting him in his real home. The big things he can do to damage Walt are by hitting his pride or his family in my opinion. I think family is out of the question because despite how much he doesn't like Walt I don't think he has it in him to hurt Walt Jr. or Holly which would also leave out doing anything to harm Walt or Skyler. I could be wrong but I dunno if he'd hit that hard. Unless he tries to say that he was Heisenberg and the master behind the meth cooks all this time and goes for Walt's pride/ego by taking the credit. Despite not being involved anymore I don't think Walt would let that slide.

Also like how Walt Jr. basically knows that Walt is full of shit with his stories and he's one of the only characters on the show I feel truly sorry for as it's going to break him to know that his dad is a meth cook/murderer and his mom has been acting as an accomplice to work against his aunt and uncle. It does seem to me that Jr. and Holly are the only shreds of humanity that Walt has where he's not faking entirely. Yes he lies to Walt Jr. and has kept him in the dark but I think Walt does care about his kids no matter how bad he's turned.

Originally Posted by Poink
2) Jesse takes claims that he was the "real" Heisenberg, which would bruise Walt's ego beyond belief. Remember how flippant Walt was towards Hank when Gale was killed and Hank thought they had their guy?

I can't really think of a logical way that Scenario #2 would play out, but I think that if Jesse tried to turn Skyler, things could be interesting. If not handled appropriately by Hank and Gomez; would Skyler take the opportunity of being face to face with Jesse and try to kill him? That would be quite the shocker...
Makes perfect sense to me. Jesse "confesses" to Hank that he was behind the blue meth and was Heisenberg all along. Word gets out and Walt finds out about this and obviously isn't going to let him take the credit for everything as it would be the ultimate bruise to his ego. Walt obviously can't take this lying down and as we've seen in the past goes out of his way to get himself back into trouble when it comes to his ego and maybe gets involved in another cook to attempt to show that he's still out there.

Last edited by Mike86; 09-01-13 at 11:35 PM.
Old 09-01-13, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dvdjunkie32
Did RJ Mitte drop a major spoiler about his character on Talking Bad tonight? Maybe I didn't hear it right, but the host quickly came back saying oh no you shouldn't say that. Holy crap if it is true.
Don't leave me hanging junkie!

Care to put what you think you heard in a spoiler? I'm curious as heck.
Old 09-01-13, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by JZ1276
When Jesse called Walt did Jesse say hes coming for Walt where he "really" lives? Whats that supposed to mean?
The lab, I'm guessing.
Old 09-01-13, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No way they would allow a major spoiler to slip like that. I'm sure they recorded most episodes of Talking Bad a long time ago.
Old 09-01-13, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Raul3
No way they would allow a major spoiler to slip like that. I'm sure they recorded most episodes of Talking Bad a long time ago.
It's live isn't it? Still though that's a major spoiler and no way he would have let that slip I'm sure.
Old 09-01-13, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
It's live isn't it? Still though that's a major spoiler and no way he would have let that slip I'm sure.
Spoiler:
What did he say?
Old 09-01-13, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
Spoiler:
What did he say?
I know I have it spoilerized and I've got no idea if it's even true but fair warning to not click if you don't want to know.
Spoiler:
That his family is dead. It sort of sounded like he was joking to me though.

Last edited by Mike86; 09-02-13 at 12:14 AM.
Old 09-02-13, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by Raul3

Talking Bad is live, not on tape.
Old 09-02-13, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts

Looks like I was right about Hank trusting in Gomie. Glad to see it, but that conversation would have been great to see.
Old 09-02-13, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 483 Likes on 319 Posts

Wow, this was an awesome episode.

I really like Marie, and the comic tone she brings to each scene she is in. I enjoyed seeing her in with her shrink. I was reminded of Peter Bogdonovich's psychiatrist on The Sopranos (I kept waiting for Marie's shrink to take a drink from a ridiculously, oversized and decorated water bottle).

I know Jesse was scared shitless, but he must know Mr. White wasn't going to have him killed by a big, psycho looking guy dressed in black leather, standing just a few feet away from him.

I in no way hold it against Hank he doesn't care if Jesse is murdered or not. All the terrible things he's done, no one else in this thread would either.

I too wished to hear more of Jesse's confession. Are we to assume he told Hank EVERYTHING? That must have been one marathon of a confession. Also would liked to have seen the scene where Hank takes his partner into his confidence.

Now that everything looks like its turned a corner for Hank, I'm convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt he is doomed doomed doomed.
Old 09-02-13, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
Don't leave me hanging junkie!

Care to put what you think you heard in a spoiler? I'm curious as heck.
Haha sure

Spoiler:

They were talking about his experience on the show and he said something about how it was over and his character would die.

Old 09-02-13, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen
I in no way hold it against Hank he doesn't care if Jesse is murdered or not. All the terrible things he's done, no one else in this thread would either.
Regardless of what he's done I still think it's kind of a cold thing on Hank's part to say about Jesse. He's supposed to be the better man supposedly yet all he cares about is clearing his name and catching Walt at any cost. He should care about putting Jesse away for a while and also try and protect him as well as he can as he could serve as a possible witness against Walt later.
Old 09-02-13, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Crocker Jarmen
(I kept waiting for Marie's shrink to take a drink from a ridiculously, oversized and decorated water bottle).
Yeah his bottles were always pretty hilarious.
Old 09-02-13, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
Regardless of what he's done I still think it's kind of a cold thing on Hank's part to say about Jesse. He's supposed to be the better man supposedly yet all he cares about is clearing his name and catching Walt at any cost. He should care about putting Jesse away for a while and also try and protect him as well as he can as he could serve as a possible witness against Walt later.
Catching a murderer and a massive drug kingpin is kind of a big deal.
Old 09-02-13, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by chuckd21
Catching a murderer and a massive drug kingpin is kind of a big deal.
Well no shit. Still though Jesse is the only witness that Hank has that can back up his story. It seems like it's in his best interest to try and keep Jesse around to add credibility to his story when the questioning goes on later. Especially now that Walt's trying to frame him. Plus I don't work with law enforcement but I kind of doubt that they like to just have a person they're depending on to get evidence be killed if it can be avoided. Hank seemed to not really give a shit which to me seemed a bit foolish.
Old 09-02-13, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Quiet episode. But good as usual.

Don't have many thoughts about it other than I liked seeing the non-linear storytelling. Thought it was cool having the episode start with the aftermath of Jesse's rampage from Walt's perspective. Then later in the episode we got to see it from Jesse's perspective.

at Jesse freaking out during his meeting with Walt and thinking the bald guy was Walt's backup.

Should be an interesting last 4 episodes.
Old 09-02-13, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk God

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/breakin...-12-rabid-dog/

EW.com thought this episode sucked.
Old 09-02-13, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn that's less of a review than it is a summary.
Old 09-02-13, 02:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Did anyone watch the replay of Talking Bad? Did they take out Flynn's spoiler? Don't think I want to watch if its a big spoiler.
Old 09-02-13, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/breakin...-12-rabid-dog/

EW.com thought this episode sucked.
AV Club gave it an A. http://www.avclub.com/articles/rabid-dog,101876/

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.