Game of Thrones -- "Walk of Punishment" -- 4/14/13

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-13, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Game of Thrones -- "Walk of Punishment" -- 4/14/13

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Terrible song at the end.
Fucking terrible. Way to instantly remove all the weight of the scene immediately preceding it.
Old 04-15-13, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,228 Likes on 4,250 Posts

I agree the song was a horrible choice, but besides that, OMFG! That was one hell of an episode. My wife who read book 3 and is dying to spoil things for me has so far done an admirable job stifling the urge, but when she jumped up and ran into the other room while they unchained Jamie, I knew whatever happened next wasn't going to be pretty.
Old 04-15-13, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have many questions. I admit I'm not the most attentive viewer but I have no idea what is going on in the following respects:

- Who had Theon? Last I remember from last season is that he burnt down Winterfell and got clocked on the head by his own men. Now he's held prisoner? I guess I forgot some event.

- Where the hell is Dany? Last I recall she was in that city with the weird Warlock dude. Now she is in some other city? Why did it have a giant dragon on the roof?

- Who the heck are the people that have Arya?

- Who the heck are the people that have Brianne?
Old 04-15-13, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 174 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by CRM114
I have many questions. I admit I'm not the most attentive viewer but I have no idea what is going on in the following respects:

- Who had Theon? Last I remember from last season is that he burnt down Winterfell and got clocked on the head by his own men. Now he's held prisoner? I guess I forgot some event.

- Where the hell is Dany? Last I recall she was in that city with the weird Warlock dude. Now she is in some other city? Why did it have a giant dragon on the roof?

- Theon's men turned him over to his captors.

- Astapor, it's shown in the opening credits, and it's a harpy not a dragon.

- A roving gang of outlaws, The Brotherhood Without Banners.

- Presumably House Bolton based upon the sigil on their flag (flayed man).
Old 04-15-13, 08:29 AM

They haven't told us yet

She's in Astapor, this was stated many times. She got a ship with the gold/jewels she recovered from the weird Warlock dude at the end of last season. This season opened with her on said ship. That wasn't a dragon on the roof, it seemed to have tits.

They identified themselves to her as the Brotherhood without Banners, which is pretty self-explanatory.

Members of House Bolton, they took Jamie to deliver him to Robb Stark.

Old 04-15-13, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I know they haven't told us yet about Theon. But did I miss his men turning him over to his captors? How can you just leave stuff like that out, if I didn't miss it?
Old 04-15-13, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know they haven't told us yet about Theon. But did I miss his men turning him over to his captors? How can you just leave stuff like that out, if I didn't miss it?
Robb promised that any Iron Born that left Winterfell would be unharmed and free to go except Theon. Theon's men knocked him out and turned him over to those sieging his occupation of Winterfell and went home. Those sieging Winterfell were never shown or named but it was mentioned in prior episodes that Roose Bolton's "bastard at the Dreadfort" could accomplish this and let Robb continue fighting Lannister forces and his actual war.

ALL IN THE SHOW, PEOPLE!
Old 04-15-13, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

You read the books? Sure, "it's all in the show" if you read the books. Otherwise, you'd need to study the show frame by frame. Roose Bolton? Even the names ARE IN THE SHOW!

No need to get indignant. Now I recall why I stopped posting in these GoT threads last season.
Old 04-15-13, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes. But I also watch every episode at least 3 times in the week it premieres. When it airs, sometime in the middle of the week, and again before the next episode airs. Plus any subsequent rewatching I do with the retail sets.

But I wasn't chastising you for not seeing what was "IN THE SHOW", I was heading off ridiculous "OMG SPOILER!!!" complaints.
Old 04-15-13, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I haven't read the books but it didn't confuse me - lots of times shows jump from A to C without showing us B. It was all inferred in his first season 3 scene.
Old 04-15-13, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Tyrion Lannister is the greatest boss of all time.
Old 04-15-13, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

The moving around of the chairs was great.

I assume Dany's dragon does not get stuck in Astapor permanently. I really hope not anyway. Hoping it just scorches the whole place once it's old enough to break free on its own.

Also, I don't know if this would really qualify as spoiler but please answer in spoiler if it is....how intelligent are these dragons? Along the same lines as the dire wolves? Smarter?
Old 04-15-13, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by andicus
Yeah, that ending music was a distraction. Other than that, pretty good episode.

Although, with respect to the dragon, something tells me Daenerys is planning to eat her cake, and have it, too. Not looking for book spoilers, if there are any related to this.
I got that feeling too. When she asked for the girl, I thought Danny would call in her dragons to burn up the place.
Old 04-15-13, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,193 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
The moving around of the chairs was great.

I assume Dany's dragon does not get stuck in Astapor permanently. I really hope not anyway. Hoping it just scorches the whole place once it's old enough to break free on its own.

Also, I don't know if this would really qualify as spoiler but please answer in spoiler if it is....how intelligent are these dragons? Along the same lines as the dire wolves? Smarter?
Agreed. I was cracking up during that scene.
Old 04-15-13, 10:03 AM

You read the books? Sure, "it's all in the show" if you read the books. Otherwise, you'd need to study the show frame by frame. Roose Bolton? Even the names ARE IN THE SHOW!

No need to get indignant. Now I recall why I stopped posting in these GoT threads last season.
I barely recognize any posters' names when I read this forum. But I remembered you in a nanosecond from last season's threads. You stopped posting because people were calling you out for - just like you admitted here - not paying attention as you watched. This isn't the easiest show to follow. I haven't read the books either and I admit getting confused about things sometimes, but you're only screwing yourself by not paying attention as you watch. Put down the smartphone or stop talking to your significant other as you watch and maybe you'll be able to piece together some of these significant plot developments on your own.
Old 04-15-13, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

I've read the books but I haven't seen the newest episode yet and there are a lot of fucking spoilers in this thread.
Old 04-15-13, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,228 Likes on 4,250 Posts

Originally Posted by RUSF18
I barely recognize any posters' names when I read this forum. But I remembered you in a nanosecond from last season's threads. You stopped posting because people were calling you out for - just like you admitted here - not paying attention as you watched. This isn't the easiest show to follow. I haven't read the books either and I admit getting confused about things sometimes, but you're only screwing yourself by not paying attention as you watch. Put down the smartphone or stop talking to your significant other as you watch and maybe you'll be able to piece together some of these significant plot developments on your own.
The post-episode recaps on both Grantland and IGN are pretty entertaining and both do a good job detailing all the major characters and plot points from the episode you just saw without having any book spoilers presented.
Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
I've read the books but I haven't seen the newest episode yet and there are a lot of fucking spoilers in this thread.
After the episode airs the first time, all bets are off when it comes to spoilers from that episode. We all know better than to click the episode thread until after we watch it. You'd be foolish to think that when something this major happens in an episode, it wouldn't be discussed in the episode thread afterwards.
Now book spoilers are entirely different, but I think folks here are doing a good job mostly avoiding that.
Old 04-15-13, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Decker
The post-episode recaps on both Grantland and IGN are pretty entertaining and both do a good job detailing all the major characters and plot points from the episode you just saw without having any book spoilers presented.
Sepinwall too.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching
Old 04-15-13, 10:46 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

really poor choice with the song at the end. did someone win a contest to get it played on the show?
Old 04-15-13, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Can anybody refresh my memory regarding Arya's line to the Hound.
She asked him, if he remembered the last time he was at this Inn.

I take it, she's seen him here before, but I don't remember when that was, or what they were doing.
Old 04-15-13, 10:54 AM

Received 4,593 Likes on 3,111 Posts

The band was The Hold Steady... I'm pretty sure it was announced a while ago that they were doing it.

But agreed...it did not work. Felt like the ending of a True Blood episode.
Old 04-15-13, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 926 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by boogieman03
Can anybody refresh my memory regarding Arya's line to the Hound.
She asked him, if he remembered the last time he was at this Inn.

I take it, she's seen him here before, but I don't remember when that was, or what they were doing.
I'm pretty sure that's where he hunted down her friend she was sword fighting with who hit Joffery back in Season 1 when they were all on their way from Winterfell to King's Landing.
Old 04-15-13, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh ok. Thanks Noonan.
Old 04-15-13, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
So? I never get why people get so upset over spoilers. If you come to message board to discuss an episode you haven't seen, spoilers should be expected. Besides, what else is there to discuss besides things that happened in the episode?

Great episode. I was close to bailing because the first two didn't grab me the way the first couple of seasons did. Glad I stuck it out.
Old 04-15-13, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 174 Likes on 122 Posts

I'm pretty sure DaveyJoe was being facetious.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.