Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Justified -- Season Finale "Ghosts" -- 4/2/13

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-13, 09:24 AM

Received 4,715 Likes on 3,194 Posts
Re: Justified -- Season Finale "Ghosts" -- 4/2/13

Originally Posted by metman86
Love this show...top notch dialogue as welll as acting...
But....what was the deal with the chair, why did Picker need to deliver/assemble it on last weeks episode? I am thinking I am missing something with that whole scene?
Scope out the house? They know who Raylan is and what they're dealing with, why not get an upper hand and see the lay of the land?
Old 04-03-13, 10:33 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 66 Likes on 40 Posts

How was sammy able to hear the conversation in the limo?
Old 04-03-13, 10:46 AM

Received 4,715 Likes on 3,194 Posts

Originally Posted by HN
How was sammy able to hear the conversation in the limo?
He couldnt.

He only say "I heard" to that fact that there was an attempt on Reyland and his lady.
Old 04-03-13, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I was dreading this episode after the previews. Since the Winona actress didn't want to come back, I figured they'd kill her & the baby off as the only way to continue. And they'd take the whole episode to do it. Nope and nope. Great finale.
Old 04-03-13, 11:00 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dex14
He couldnt.

He only say "I heard" to that fact that there was an attempt on Reyland and his lady.
But then what motivated sammy to take out nicky?
Old 04-03-13, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 499 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by HN
Raylan told him what Nicky said. Nicky said he was going to kill Sammy as soon as he got back to Detroit.
Old 04-03-13, 11:15 AM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Raylan told him what Nicky said. Nicky said he was going to kill Sammy as soon as he got back to Detroit.
Thanks. I gotta watch that whole scene again

On a side note, i'm so glad Justified exists; it's the show that made me stop missing Deadwood.
Old 04-03-13, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, given their previous relationship, I doubt Sammy needed much convincing. It's no big secret how Nicky felt about Sammy.
Old 04-03-13, 01:11 PM

Received 2,040 Likes on 1,199 Posts

Excellent ending, excellent series.

I bought the Amazon season pass in HD and I was really pleased with the service.

As for this ending, a lot of it fell into place in the way I thought it would. I figured Ava would be caught and incarcerated for next season. There was no way her and Boyd's affairs would end happily. Thought Wynn Duffy (he's the best!) would end up a super-powered cockroach, which he did. And I wondered if the season would end with Raylan looking at those graves, which it did. Was surprised Tim made it out of his shoot-out with Colt unscathed physically, last episode. Also thought we'd skip right to Theo Tonin, not stop with Nicky. Makes sense, though.
Old 04-03-13, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't think they showed it and I don't remember the dialogue, but after Raylan shot Dickie in last season's finale, did they mention Dickie going to jail for breaking in to Loretta's house? I remember Raylan breaking the window to make it look like Dickie was B&E, but whether that was just for appearances sake or whether it was to charge him.

If he's back in jail, having Ava headed there could also add one more wrinkle to all they already have going on that could be in season 5.
Old 04-03-13, 07:07 PM

Great. Boyd is going to raise holy hell next season. It is the setup I am more pumped for. Such a great show.
Old 04-03-13, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You know I just realized that FX loves having Adam Arkin flee to foreign nations.
Old 04-03-13, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,380 Likes on 941 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
You know I just realized that FX loves having Adam Arkin flee to foreign nations.
Maybe he'll come back to Justified next year as a neo-nazi.
Old 04-03-13, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HN
Art told Raylan that Theo had fled the country to a non-extradition location. The result was a power struggle between Theo's son Sammy and Nicky (Theo's key man). The two already didn't like each other. Art was essentially telling Raylan not to worry about going after Nicky because Sammy might take care of him and Sammy didn't have the ill-will towards Raylan. So Raylan stacked the deck and tipped off Sammy and served up Nicky to ensure his problem of being on the list was solved. Sammy already suspected that Nicky would be after him and Raylan confirmed it.
Old 04-03-13, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Nefarious
Art told Raylan that Theo had fled the country to a non-extradition location. The result was a power struggle between Theo's son Sammy and Nicky (Theo's key man). The two already didn't like each other. Art was essentially telling Raylan not to worry about going after Nicky because Sammy might take care of him and Sammy didn't have the ill-will towards Raylan. So Raylan stacked the deck and tipped off Sammy and served up Nicky to ensure his problem of being on the list was solved. Sammy already suspected that Nicky would be after him and Raylan confirmed it.
Agreed. I think if he doesn't tip him off though, that most likely Nicky takes out Raylan before his trip back. Smart on Raylan's part.
Old 04-03-13, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nah...Nicky is the sort who would want Raylan to know Winona and the kid were dead.
Old 04-04-13, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well by taking out Raylan, I mean taking out his whole family and him.
Old 04-04-13, 06:08 AM

I cannot believe we only have 2 pages for this thread and Walking Dead is on 16. It breaks my heart. That said, half to the majority of the posts in that thread are not positive and the other ones are diehards not willing to accept the fact that the finale and the majority of this season has been a big stinking piece of poop.
Old 04-04-13, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 432 Likes on 293 Posts

Hilarious

Old 04-04-13, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 636 Likes on 510 Posts

Great finale. Poor Ava.

These threads always help sort out the confusion I have after seeing an episode.

Originally Posted by thebunk
I cannot believe we only have 2 pages for this thread and Walking Dead is on 16. It breaks my heart. That said, half to the majority of the posts in that thread are not positive and the other ones are diehards not willing to accept the fact that the finale and the majority of this season has been a big stinking piece of poop.
It's TV Talk - where zombies, vampires, and fantasy are worshipped.
Old 04-04-13, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As much as I love this show, I'm hoping with Arlo gone, they move Raylan away from all of these daddy issues next season. Right now, I feel Boyd is a much more nuanced character than Raylan. I like the shot of Raylan by his Arlo's grave so hopefully that's the closing of that chapter. Should we expect to see Winona again? I couldn't tell if she was leaving for good or just until things died down.

The Raylan / Boyd scene in the car was great where they essentially call each other out. I thought Boyd's assessment was a lot more scathing, calling him basically a murderer with a badge. Drove it even more home as he walks away for the limo getting blasted.

I'm curious what role Cousin Johnny will play next season. He was AWOL this episode.

Last edited by CharlieK; 04-04-13 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-04-13, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd suspect Winona's participation will be at least slightly affected by her availability. She is on another show (The Following) after all. Or at least she was the last time I watched it.
Old 04-04-13, 10:16 AM

Agreed, Cousin Johnny is definitely one of the loose ends going into the next season. As is Winona and Baby Givens, Dickie Bennett, sheriff-turned-murderer Mosley is on the loose, Boyd's "new" relationship with Paxton (and presumably the other upper-crust cronies), Sammy Tonin / Wynn Duffy / Boyd Crowder and drugs in Harlin, Art's hinted-at retirement and Raylan's hinted-at promotion, the Drew Thompson trial, the Ava Crowder trial and the fate of Ellen May, a conversation between Raylan and Ghost Arlo like Arlo had a conversation with Ghost Helen, and the US Marshall training and enlistment of one Constable Bob Sweeney.

Also, I'm forgetting: was there any money, etc. to recover from the Drew Thompson case and did that ever get found?

Originally Posted by Shamus McAnally
If he's back in jail, having Ava headed there could also add one more wrinkle to all they already have going on that could be in season 5.
Although I have to wonder how much interaction Dickie Bennet and Ava Crowder would have in a prison system that segregates gen pop by gender.

You know who I really feel good for this after this season? Abby Miller, the actress who plays Ellen May. I'd bet that never in her wildest imagination did she think a pair of appearances in season two as a prostitute in a bit scene or two lead to another five episodes in season three and then a major role in season four appearing in 8 of 13 episodes. She's a good actress; I hope she goes far!
Old 04-04-13, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by dogmatica
... sheriff-turned-murderer Mosley is on the loose ...
I thought he stayed waiting in Raylan's car when Shelby took off.
Old 04-04-13, 11:37 AM

Did he? Maybe he did. Now I can't remember.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.