DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Season Finale -- "Welcome to the Tombs" -- 3/31/13

Well that sucked.
Old 03-31-13, 11:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The most entertaining part of tonight's show was watching AMC desperately try to pimp Mad Men and Breaking Bad during the commercial breaks. You can't convince morons to watch your actual good shows.
Old 03-31-13, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 276 Likes on 208 Posts

Especially when they made those corny comparisons. This guy gets into brains...this guy consumes them.

And last year they were saying that the men drink like Herschel used to. What a stretch.
Old 03-31-13, 11:48 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

With the 3rd season over... I can wait for October. I won't lose sleep.
Old 04-01-13, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

So were the bites on Andrea's neck that bad that she would have actually died? I thought everyone agreed that a bite from a walker is not what turns someone, but it is dieing from the bite that turns someone. And I thought that people would die from walker bites because of all the bacteria they were carrying. But Milton was a fresh born walker...so did he really have any bacteria that would cause her to die? Or did you instantly get all the bad bacteria when you die? So, I think Andrea killed herself for no reason whatsoever. She she have waited to see if the injuries were bad enough to die from.

They ended it in such a way that they can do a time jump that explains any physical growth Carl goes through between the seasons. They can age Judith up a bit too.

Maybe Hershel will finally get some action with the one of the oldies from Woodbury.
Old 04-01-13, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo
I certainly hope you don't have Season 1 and Season 2, because this shit was still better than that.
I do have seasons 1 and 2 but am glad to hear you admit this as having been shit
Old 04-01-13, 12:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by musick
I do have seasons 1 and 2 but am glad to hear you admit this as having been shit
Hope you enjoy watching that farm bullshit.
Old 04-01-13, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by windom
So were the bites on Andrea's neck that bad that she would have actually died?
It's pretty much, you get bitten, you turn, unless on an expendable extremity that can get chopped off in time.
Old 04-01-13, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo
Hope you enjoy watching that farm bullshit.
I do thanks for the concern, much better than Prisonbury
DVD Talk Hero

Received 813 Likes on 687 Posts

It's official, the second half of season three was very disappointing. That was a horribly plotted confrontation at the prison and letting the Governor escape into next season is a huge mistake by the writers. By this point I really don't find the Governor that compelling of a arch villain and letting his presence linger on the show was dumb. It was a terrible mistake to keep Tyreese away from the prison group most of the season.

I don't get the reaction to Carl at all on the Talking Dead, because they blocked that scene with him shooting the teen as a very plausible move in the zombie apocalypse. Everyone knows in a gun standoff at this point that if the other party doesn't immediately drop the weapon, to shoot first and ask questions later. Carl's move was the correct response.
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

I guess I liked it more than most here. To be fair, though I like David Morrissey as an actor, I'm not crazy about the Governor returing next year.

I assumed all year that Scott Wilson would bite it at some point, so I'm glad he didn't as I think he does a tremendous job on the show. I'm also glad they just didn't kill off regular cast members for shock value. I liked the reasoning behind Milton and Andrea's deaths.

It was asked earlier in the thread why the Governor just didn't shoot Tyrese and his sister in Woodbury. I think he really, really wanted to, but he was running a con on most of the Woodbury folks. He couldn't very well shoot two people in cold blood and then have the rest unquestionably follow him to the prison.
Old 04-01-13, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I think it would be cool if the Governor dies in the first 5 minutes of next season.

I didn't need a blood bath in the finale, I was just hoping for either some sort of resolution to the Woodbury story arc, or at least an exciting climax and fight between the two groups. I would have even enjoyed some sort of cliffhanger if we got the later and not a complete resolution.

For instance from the comic:
Spoiler:
I would have loved if they had the Governor do some sort of execution in front of everyone at the prison the way they did with Tyrese. Could have used Merle or Andrea for that, and at least end with some sort of dread for whats coming in season 4 for a REAL showdown. I could accept the Governor living if that were the case.
Old 04-01-13, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

Regarding the Governor returning...they should handle it like on True Blood...
Spoiler:
by having Russell take over a season off before returning to the show. Wait until season 5 or 6 to bring back the Governor.
Old 04-01-13, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bluetoast
It's pretty much, you get bitten, you turn, unless on an expendable extremity that can get chopped off in time.
pretty sure it is important that you die first before turning so the question asked was still a valid one
Old 04-01-13, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

I was dreading going into tonight that Beth would get Lori's death in the comic book. Glad to be wrong.
Old 04-01-13, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I don't get the reaction to Carl at all on the Talking Dead, because they blocked that scene with him shooting the teen as a very plausible move in the zombie apocalypse. Everyone knows in a gun standoff at this point that if the other party doesn't immediately drop the weapon, to shoot first and ask questions later. Carl's move was the correct response.
Hershel was 100% wrong based on what I saw. The kid kept moving toward Carl instead of dropping the gun. Not only was Carl justified in the shooting, but his explanation to Rick was dead on and can be applied to Andrea as well.

Andrea wanted to "save everyone" but could have actually done so if she used Carl's logic of killing the gov when given the chance. Now she and a lot of the Woodbury folks are dead.
Old 04-01-13, 12:45 AM

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

That was so horrificly bad I may not even watch Season 4. Really it was just ridiculous from beginning to end. And the first half of season 3 was so good too, what happened? The second half was truly awful and it all built up well nothing much. Bad all the way around

At least GOT premiered, now that's a show.
Old 04-01-13, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by mwbmis
I was dreading going into tonight that Beth would get Lori's death in the comic book. Glad to be wrong.
I thought the same thing except I'm disappointed it didn't happen. Really wanted to see that.
Old 04-01-13, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by d2cheer
at all the hatred. Go watch something else.
This.

Baffling that so many who apparently hate the show continue to watch ep after ep, season after season.

And at the "I'm never watching again!!!1!!1" posts.
Old 04-01-13, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

They spent more time on Andrea trying to pick up fucking pliers than on the showdown.

At least they resolved the Gov storyline after half a season of stalling and finally got them out of the prison.
Old 04-01-13, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by musick
pretty sure it is important that you die first before turning so the question asked was still a valid one
Ah true. Well I'd hazard that she knew it was bad enough that she had to go. Hell they left Jim out in season one at his request and he wasn't even dead yet.
Old 04-01-13, 01:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's not that it was a bad episode, but like alot of you said it was a bad finale. It kinda felt like a SERIES finale in the sense that there wasn't a cliffhanger like past seasons (or like may many other shows)

It's fine if they want to go down a 'one season, one story' path but at least FINISH that story. And if you DO want to have it bleed into another season you should definitely add a last 10 seconds cliffhanger to have the world talking.

It really was a 'that's it?!' vibe to the episode. But as a stand alone episode i enjoyed it!

And is anyone good or connected through social media? What is the general 'buzz/word' amongst the twittersphere (god i can't believe i just used that word)

How is the 'general' (non geeky forum peoples :P) reacting to this finale?
Old 04-01-13, 01:26 AM

Just finished watching and as a season finale it was really disappointing...I'm glad after reading the majority of the posts I wasn't alone in that assessment...
Old 04-01-13, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts

Originally Posted by Buttmunker
The prison group should have gunned them down when they fled the prison. Sure, some would have stayed inside once they started shooting, but at least they would have kept them pinned there. Or started once the Gov exited...but as it was, they missed everybody!
Yeah, I said that to my wife. They didn't hit a single person? Really? And then they just assumed that they managed to chase them away, and things would be over? A bit optimistic, I think.

I thought that Rick and co. would get back from Woodbury to find 'something' would have happened back at the prison.

As much as it pains me to admit it, Carl did the only sensible thing this episode.

When Andrea was raising the pliers the first time, and then dropped them (as expected), I just thought "there goes another 30 seconds of episode time, wasted on predictable and artificial tension." Ah well, at least she was stupid to the end.

I was expecting to come into this thread reading about everybody defending this. I see I'm actually among the majority that thought it was
Old 04-01-13, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,745 Likes on 1,890 Posts

Originally Posted by DthRdrX
Hershel was 100% wrong based on what I saw. The kid kept moving toward Carl instead of dropping the gun. Not only was Carl justified in the shooting, but his explanation to Rick was dead on and can be applied to Andrea as well.
Yeah, the kid was either up to something or incredibly stupid. To me, it looked like he was going to try something when Carl reached for the gun. He was confronted with an armed kid, an old man with one leg, and a girl holding a baby. Get the drop on Carl, and all four are dead. He could either hit Carl with his rifle, or produce a hidden 9mm when Carl took the rifle. Drop the fucking gun and put your hands up. Rick, of all people, should understand this.

Andrea wanted to "save everyone" but could have actually done so if she used Carl's logic of killing the gov when given the chance. Now she and a lot of the Woodbury folks are dead.
Yeah, that was sort of interesting discussion Rick had with Carl. So much grief this season has been caused by people making the wrong decision. A deadly series of events was set in motion when Merle acted like an asshole and kidnapped Glenn and Maggie instead of just talking to Glenn. And Andrea could have ended everything by killing Gov in his sleep.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.