Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead -- Season Finale -- "Welcome to the Tombs" -- 3/31/13

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-13, 02:01 PM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Season Finale -- "Welcome to the Tombs" -- 3/31/13

A few weeks ago, we heard that ‘The Walking Dead‘ season 4 had begun casting for a new series regular, that of former Army medic “Roy Stark.” The seemingly-original character description launched a tidal wave of speculation as to whether or not the character represented someone specific from the books, but new reports suggesting ‘The Wire’ star Lawrence Gillard Jr. for the role may turn that around. Find out the true identity of Roy Stark for ‘The Walking Dead’ season 4 inside!

Among the many new characters added to ‘The Walking Dead’ in season 3 finale “Welcome to the Tombs,” we’re most excited to meet the mysterious army medic “Roy Stark” we’ve been hearing about for season 4. While some had speculated that the character’s army association made him a likely counterpart for fan-favorite comic character Abraham Ford, iDigitalTimes claims that ‘The Wire’ and ‘The Waterboy’ star Lawrence Gilliard Jr. has become the frontrunner for the role.

The character is said to be plagued by his past before and after the zombie apocalypse, keeping to himself mostly, but maintaining a charming, confident and self-deprecating exterior. The original casting notice called for an actor in his 30s to 40s. So far, ‘The Walking Dead’ season 4 has bumped up actors Chad Coleman, Sonequa Martin-Green and Emily Kinney to series regular, while AMC earlier confirmed that David Morrissey’s villainous Governor would also return in season 4 as a series regular.
Old 04-23-13, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope Larry Gillard Jr doesn't get strangled to death at the prison by somebody on the Governor's side.
Old 07-04-13, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Just a head's up, AMC is having a Walking Dead marathon this weekend. Started with S1 today at noon, but they will re-air S1 in with the b&w episodes starting later tonight. After that, season 2 and 3 will air from start to finish.
Old 07-07-13, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I caught the series opener and the finale from the marathon. Haven't seen them since they originally aired. Damn that opener was just powerful and you can tell the difference in storytelling from where we're at now in the series. It was so much more......cinematic? Engaging? The end where Rick puts down the bicycle walker(no legs) interspliced with Morgan trying to end his wife's existence was arguably the series best scene. I believe the series reached it's pinnacle in it's first episode. Love the series but damn I forgot how great the pilot was.

And damn, that S1 finale with the opening flashback of Shane trying to get Rick out of the hospital is just aces.
Old 07-16-13, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Currently on Ep. 6 of the third season. Caught the first two seasons on streaming Netflix. This is a good show, I won't deny it. However, I agree with the above poster that it was better under Darabont's direct supervision. That said, it's still a damn fine show and I can understand why everyone likes it.