Reload this Page >

Justified -- "Decoy" -- 3/19/13

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Justified -- "Decoy" -- 3/19/13

Old 03-21-13, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Justified -- "Decoy" -- 3/19/13

Originally Posted by Osiris3657 View Post
That speech Mike O'Malley gave in the bar to Ava was amazing. Didn't know he had that kind of acting ability in him.

Best episode of the season by far.
Agreed. According to this article http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/19/ju...m-graham-yost/, O'Malley ad-libbed a lot of it (page 3 of article).
Old 03-21-13, 11:30 AM

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Sadly, I don't think we'll ever see Wynn Duffy again. Perhaps the Mike O'Malley character will fill that role?
Old 03-21-13, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by wirefan View Post
They telegraphed the train escape a bit when Drew mentioned you could tell time by the coal trains, but another really top notch episode.

I liked the standoff between Tim and Colt, but I guess I missed something - was it clear why Colt shot the Detroit guy? Or is it supposed to be unclear at this point?

The Bob character has really grown on me. I thought initially the character was a bit over the top and was purely there for comic relief. While he's still comic relief, his character actually has mattered - I should have realized with the quality of writing on this show that they would make something out of the character.
It sounds like Colt turned for the same reason Ava did; they got that little tickle on the back of they neck telling them that something was wrong. Ava had the added benefit of understanding that if they had Johnny, then they didn't need Boyd. Colt had already blown one task, I suspect that put him on edge that there might be some sort of payback.
Old 03-21-13, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 312 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Sadly, I don't think we'll ever see Wynn Duffy again.
While he didn't say it outright, from that interview it sounded like we will see Duffy again.
Old 03-21-13, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
Whew that was intense.

Dick Dick Dick alarm goes off Dick Dick Dick
Reminded me of Reservoir Dogs dialogue

Last edited by siddd5; 03-21-13 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-21-13, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
While he didn't say it outright, from that interview it sounded like we will see Duffy again.
Exactly. Duffy is a cockroach, he survives everything. That's why he lives in a RV, easy to disappear for a while.
Old 03-21-13, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

We have to see Wynn again. He has to die when Raylan finally decides to throw a bullet at him much faster.

As far as Colt goes, I think it absolutely comes down to him figuring it was that guy's life or his life. They failed in their task, and I think he had every reason to think that guy may have even been told to kill him if they failed.

Johnny sure does seem to be in a heap of shit. I didn't see the Ava love declaration coming.
Old 03-23-13, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Stay frosty.
Old 03-25-13, 05:00 AM

I just re-watched the entire series on Blu-ray so took some time off before watching this episode. The series really holds up remarkably well the second time around. I might have enjoyed the season-long arc of season two more than season four, but season four contains my favorite individual episodes. I think the writers have really hit an amazing groove this season with how they write their characters. No show consistently entertains me more than Justified.