Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead - "I Ain't a Judas" -- 02/24/2013

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-13, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Walking Dead - "I Ain't a Judas" -- 02/24/2013

Not a great episode, but it had 2 great moments for me. The first was little ol' Carol quietly giving Andrea a few tips on how to end the feud. The 2nd was Michonne totally bitching out Andrea before she left the prison. That was great and was nice to see Michonne unload on her selfish ass.

They didn't make Michonne too likeable early one with the non-stop snarl look on her face, but she's becoming easier to pull for. Not only with slicing and dicing the Governor's daughter and injuring him, but she's starting to fit in with the group. And it appears next week is all focusing on Rick, super kid, and Michonne's run for supplies. I have a feeling she'll do something heroic that will finally convince Rick that she is needed. Then he'll have 2 solid backups in Michonne and Daryl that he can rely on.
Old 02-26-13, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
The 2nd was Michonne totally bitching out Andrea before she left the prison. That was great and was nice to see Michonne unload on her selfish ass.
Agree, and that was really the first time the actress "clicked" as michonne for me. Her lines/delivery really worked, rather than her normal role of just sitting around with a "who farted?" face
Old 02-26-13, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Huge spoiler for next week's show...

Spoiler:
one of these mental midgets will drive a car with the windows down.
Spoiler:
Did I mention I need help yet?
Old 02-26-13, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by foofighters7
Having said all that, 'Hold On' playing at the end was a great surprise (it's one of my favorite Waits songs) so that redeemed the show.
I think they did the singing at the end to show how different things are now than when the first singing episode was shown - back at the farmhouse, I believe. I think everybody joined in that first time a song was started, but now...nobody joined in.
Old 02-26-13, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Buttmunker
I think they did the singing at the end to show how different things are now than when the first singing episode was shown - back at the farmhouse, I believe. I think everybody joined in that first time a song was started, but now...nobody joined in.
I think that was the start of this season wasn't it? I also remember just Maggie singing along then.

I doubt most people know the song, let alone the words to it. Heck, I think I've heard that song maybe 200 times and I was going "Oh... that's what that word was!"

The song has been stuck in my head for two days now. Complete with lines all out of order and I apparently must end all verses with "When you share my bed, you share my name"
Old 02-26-13, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

I like Laurie Holden. A lot! And even I can't fucking stand Andrea.
Old 02-26-13, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So can we all agree that Andrea is the Kate of Walking Dead?
Old 02-26-13, 05:30 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Andrea is the new Lori
Old 02-26-13, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
If you mean Kate from Lost, then no, because I liked Kate.
Old 02-27-13, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
She's the Janice Soprano of The Walking Dead.
Old 02-27-13, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts

But Janice actually (obvious Sopranos spoilers)...

Spoiler:
shot Richie Aprile. If it were Andrea, she would have gotten punched in the face and continued to serve him dinner.
Old 02-27-13, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo
"Chose a warm bed over a friend"
To be fair, she'd been ill and on the run in the wild for months. Woodbury certainly has an allure as a reminder of the way that the world actually used to run, what with water and safety and everything else. And as Michonne did neglect to mention to Andrea that the Governor had a zombified daughter he kept locked up, she was a bit unsure about why Michonne wanted to leave. Andrea now knows, however, about the evil shit that the Governor has been doing like, you know, slaughtering people, yet she still continues to have her head in the sand about him.

Originally Posted by golden_rod
How did you feel about the news that you guys were getting a new showrunner? Again!
I’m not really at liberty to talk about that, but I can say that I think that Glen will be happier on a different show..

lol. I love when it's brought up in interviews; they always turn from PR fluff into hilariously awkward moments. A few weeks back, Robert Kirkman refused to even utter one syllable to the Hollywood Reporter when asked about it.
Yeah, if fans found out about that stuff, to think, they might think that marketing executives care more about money than the artistic integrity of a product ! Can't have that! But they obviously want to keep the behind-the-scenes stuff unknown in the Internet age. Good luck with that.

Originally Posted by Groucho
I love how they can show us the graphic mutilation of a zombie (in gruesome close-ups), but when it comes to Andrea's boobs AMC is suddenly coy. "Won't somebody think of the children!"
Originally Posted by VinVega
That's America baby!
This.

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
It's a well-established fact that a woman's exposed nipple is the worst thing ever. That little nub of flesh has the power to destroy families and bring down great nations.
Indeed.
Old 02-27-13, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

I still like Andrea ten times better than I ever did Lori. Killing Andrea off would be a major blow to the show.
Old 02-27-13, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If they're trying to make Andrea "complex" by her not killing the Governor when she knows everything now, it's an epic fail. It only makes her look "weak" and "stupid."

I like her. (*despite the reasons given above not to)

Last edited by Buttmunker; 02-27-13 at 03:44 PM.
Old 02-27-13, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

New Show Runner Announced:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/02/27/th...ew-showrunner/
Old 02-27-13, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've said it before, but you could see the true boredom these poor characters have now. On top of the fear they have of being invaded and killed, they're bored to tears. Aside from fighting and staying alive, their lives serve no real purpose. A bleaker existence I couldn't imagine, and that's why I think Andrea likes Woodbury so much. She was, in fact, going to commit suicide by staying at the Research facility, until Dale talked her out of it and made her go with them. Life in the woods fighting monsters isn't the kind of life Andrea wants; sitting around in a prison isn't much of a life for Andrea (or for anybody else - at least at the farm, everybody had work to do). What's left? Sitting in with the devil (Governor) and enjoying what's left of "the good life?"

I think that's why she hasn't killed The Governor, despite what she knows about him. She doesn't want to "go back" and live a rudderless existence, which is what would happen if she killed him and left. She'd have nothing, and she'd be dead by her own hand before too long, I think.

Again, it's weak thinking, but this is a different world, and heroes have no place in it. Good Vs Evil? This isn't "The Stand."
Old 02-27-13, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts

^Great points Buttmunker.
Old 02-27-13, 04:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've said it before, but you could see the true boredom these poor characters have now. On top of the fear they have of being invaded and killed, they're bored to tears. Aside from fighting and staying alive, their lives serve no real purpose. A bleaker existence I couldn't imagine, and that's why I think Andrea likes Woodbury so much. She was, in fact, going to commit suicide by staying at the Research facility, until Dale talked her out of it and made her go with them. Life in the woods fighting monsters isn't the kind of life Andrea wants; sitting around in a prison isn't much of a life for Andrea (or for anybody else - at least at the farm, everybody had work to do). What's left? Sitting in with the devil (Governor) and enjoying what's left of "the good life?"

I think that's why she hasn't killed The Governor, despite what she knows about him. She doesn't want to "go back" and live a rudderless existence, which is what would happen if she killed him and left. She'd have nothing, and she'd be dead by her own hand before too long, I think.

Again, it's weak thinking, but this is a different world, and heroes have no place in it. Good Vs Evil? This isn't "The Stand."
I also think you have some very good points. The world is certainly different in the Walking Dead.

** Now if only your name would let me take you more seriously. **
Old 02-27-13, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

I think Andrea not only likes Woodbury, but likes (maybe loves) the Governor too. She can't bring herself to kill him because of these feelings. I think she will try to change him (which would be a sure sign she loves him).
Old 02-27-13, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Holydoc
** Now if only your name would let me take you more seriously. **
Joke is on you buddy! Buttmunker is old Irish slang for a Protestant pastor who doubled as the village doctor.
Old 02-27-13, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by andicus
Oh, and I didn't hate Carl this episode. Progress!
Ever since he popped a cap in his mom he's been cool in my book.
Old 02-27-13, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I agree. I think she'd didn't kill the Governor because she cares for him, and I think she'd prefer to negotiate a truce between Rick and the Governor so the prison folks could move into Woodbury; I'm sure she'd like to be with her friends, but Woodbury offers more comfort than the prison.
Old 02-27-13, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

During this episode, AMC ran a crawl that said Cable One may soon drop the network, so CO customers should show their support by calling a number or registering online. I did both. Today, I got an e-mail from CO explaining their side: AMC wants to impose a 520% rate hike on CO to carry the network, and CO doesn't want to have to pass a dramatic increase to their customers. Yikes! If the info from CO is correct, than AMC is sure being greedy. I know this show is the most-watched show in basic cable history, but that much of an increase just seems outrageous. CO has their own web site that their customers can register with and ask AMC to negotiate fairly. I did it, but if CO ends up dropping AMC I'll most likely cut the cord.
Old 02-27-13, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by Navinabob
Joke is on you buddy! Buttmunker is old Irish slang for a Protestant pastor who doubled as the village doctor.
So when that priest said he wanted to munk my butt... It was a medical thing?
Old 02-27-13, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by Ayre
So they elevate a staff writer to head showrunner? AMC is now in charge of the show.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.