TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

King Of The Nerds - TBS

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-13, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts
Re: King Of The Nerds - TBS

Originally Posted by pinata242
Do we think this will come down to a head-to-head-(to-head) challenge or will it just be a jury of the other 9 eliminated contestants? If the latter, Danielle doesn't have a chance.
It's probably fairer to have the contestants vote, but that definitely would alter the show's dynamics on the second season. Once people know you have to play nice with everybody to win, it changes the level of drama for the worse.
Old 03-04-13, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well if it comes down to Call of Duty with Celeste versus anyone, it's also no contest. In that regard, I'm surprised Danielle doubled back on herself about her "Throne of GAMES" revelation. It makes sense that she should be scared of the other pro gamer when there hasn't been a true gaming challenge yet. Dance Central certainly doesn't count and even the remote control (golf cart & helicopter) ones are sketchy-at-best for that category.
Old 03-06-13, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by madcougar
Had I been Moojega I would have thrown the damn Nerf gun at Genevieve's tower. They never said you couldn't use it in that way.
They probabaly did tell them. If you notice on reality shows they cut away from the hosts a lot when the rules are given because most competition shows give them a laundry list of do's and don't . The 30 second or so explanation we got on tv is likely several minutes but edited out for time reasons.
Old 03-07-13, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Drunk Brandon is awesome!
Old 03-07-13, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

First of all, Danielle is such a whiny child. "5th generation and on?" Give me a fucking break, Ms. "I know my VG history".

Secondly, Virgil: "Oh, I know who invented Pong."

Thirdly, Virgil: Seriously? You vote for someone who didn't go to a single Nerd-Off and shun someone who not only won three distinct challenges, but also defeated you heads-up? If that isn't the biggest "Fuck You" to Genevieve, I don't know what is!

Whose vote didn't we see? Joshua?

Last edited by pinata242; 03-07-13 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-07-13, 10:22 PM

Genevieve was robbed. She beat a freaking NASA engineer at her own game. Sure, she was whiny now and then. But not as much as the sniveling Celeste, who didn't do much of anything all season.
Old 03-07-13, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Genevieve totally got screwed. Regardless of how much Celeste may have "grown", she actually cost her team one challenge. She just stayed quiet, played quiet, and used Danielle's hatred of Genevieve to avoid going to any Nerd Off. Whether she was genuinely incompetent or just played it, no one voted her to a Nerd Off because they viewed her as no competition. And then people voted her over Genevieve, who won 3 Nerd Offs?

Between having to listen to Danielle all episode and the idiotic voting, this was a dud of a finale. At least we don't have to listen to Curtis recap the votes after every other vote, because everyone that watched this was retarded and can't add by ones.
Old 03-07-13, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I kept hoping Celeste wouldn't win for the sole reason she was on Conan a few weeks ago. It just confirmed my suspicion that TBS didn't give a shit and just wanted to telegraph the ending to garner a little interest rather than show a cute girl with great Rubik's Cube skills.
Old 03-08-13, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Genevieve definitely should have won based on her performance on the show, but I was hoping Celeste would win. Danielle can complain, but I doubt anyone would have voted for her if she was one of the two.
Old 03-08-13, 12:17 AM
Banned

Genevieve was a bitch. It Moo couldn't win, Celeste was a good replacement.
Old 03-08-13, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Genevieve clearly deserved it but Celeste was able to lay low in the house much of the time. She didn't really get a winner's edit. I despise the prize being decided by other house guests, because the contestants will act differently in future editions of the show knowing that fact.
Old 03-08-13, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Glad Celeste won the game by outnerding her opponent.

Let the winner of King Of Jocks be won by the challenge dominator.
Old 03-08-13, 04:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Howie2000
Glad Celeste won the game by outnerding her opponent.

Let the winner of King Of Jocks be won by the challenge dominator.
Old 03-08-13, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

There were some hilarious moments in this finale.

Alana coming back and hugging Danielle after she had lost (and became a complete whiny bitch). Alana saying "Ohhhhhhh I missed you" while you could tell Danielle was thinking "ain't nobody missed you bitch."

Then during the final vote when Alana went on and on about how she evaluated, and it was a hard choice, when they made it pretty clear weeks ago that Alana hated Genevieve.

I was hoping they'd reveal the last vote.

But for the most part, I was kind of disappointed by the finale. They get to the final 4, and all they have is a segway maze? A maze that they obviously didn't put much effort into. The trivia game was a little better, but again, after some of the more elaborate stuff we'd seen earlier, this was pretty tame. Did they shoot their wad budget wise on the earlier episodes and run out for the finale?

I do think Celeste should have to advocate her throne due to missing the Star Wars question. Seriously, who hasn't heard of the Millennium Falcon and it's most famous accomplishment? She also missed a pretty basic math question.

Also, shouldn't she be Queen Of The Nerds?

On a side note, I played along and blurted out Mortal Kombat for the other video game question before they revealed the choices. I was actually surprised that ended up being on the list, and was the correct answer.
Old 03-08-13, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, the Segway maze was really, really underwhelming. Especially since it looked like just luck if people took the correct path or not.
Old 03-08-13, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Genevieve was a super whiny bitch. She cried EVERY time she was sent to the nerd off, which totally undermined the fact she won each one of them. The thing with Celeste is they never had a challenge where her unique skills would be a real asset to her. That was kinda gay.
Old 03-08-13, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts

Celeste just kept her head down and looked relatively good doing it.
Old 03-08-13, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm sorry, I just can't get over Virgil. It's like refusing to vote for a team that beat you in the Coaches Poll to keep their BCS ranking down out of spite. /nerd-jock
Old 03-08-13, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by TheKing
There were some hilarious moments in this finale.

Alana coming back and hugging Danielle after she had lost (and became a complete whiny bitch). Alana saying "Ohhhhhhh I missed you" while you could tell Danielle was thinking "ain't nobody missed you bitch."

Then during the final vote when Alana went on and on about how she evaluated, and it was a hard choice, when they made it pretty clear weeks ago that Alana hated Genevieve.
I had forgotten how annoying Alana was until they brought her back. The show would have been perfect, if they had never included her in the cast. King Of The Nerds had amazing casting for a reality show. Usually they seem filled with wanna-be actors, but I didn't think any of these people were putting on an act.
Old 03-08-13, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 314 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I had forgotten how annoying Alana was until they brought her back. The show would have been perfect, if they had never included her in the cast.
Old 01-21-14, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The new season airs this Thursday.
Old 01-21-14, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This bunch looks nerdier than the last bunch.
Old 01-21-14, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm down for it. I thought the first season was really entertaining.
Old 01-23-14, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Watching this now. I don't get the chemist girl thinking that she needs to hide info about her like that's such an amazing talent.
Old 01-23-14, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by madcougar
This bunch looks nerdier than the last bunch.
Yeah, they clearly ran low on attractive nerd girls this year.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.