Re: The Office -- "Customer Loyalty" -- 1/24/13

Originally Posted by Groucho
Well that blows.
Old 01-28-13, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts

It does, indeed.

I was momentarily happy that there would be a Dan in Real Life sequel, but after reading the article, that was dashed, too.

I might add that I still don't really believe them. I'll be surprised (and disappointed) if they're not just keeping it quiet as a surprise.
Old 01-29-13, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by andicus
It does, indeed.

I was momentarily happy that there would be a Dan in Real Life sequel, but after reading the article, that was dashed, too.

I might add that I still don't really believe them. I'll be surprised (and disappointed) if they're not just keeping it quiet as a surprise.
I dunno. His reasoning makes perfect sense. The character went off in style. And to me, the most significant thing is that he was a very changed man from that first episode.

With that said... I think it would be perfect if at some point, Jim calls Michael for advice and we get to see that they've actually become friends behind the scenes of the documentary. I mean, Michael had his own business in Scranton and maybe he started his own business in Colorado.

I'm not holding my breath...
Old 01-29-13, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

I want a scene where the police are following up on old Scranton Strangler leads with Creed. The cop would ask Creed if he ever met one of the victims, and he would ask, "Wait...was she a great big fat person?"
Old 01-29-13, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson
I want a scene where the police are following up on old Scranton Strangler leads with Creed. The cop would ask Creed if he ever met one of the victims, and he would ask, "Wait...was she a great big fat person?"
Why would the police be following up on leads to a case that's been closed in which someone has been convicted of the crimes?
Old 01-29-13, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by madcougar
Why would the police be following up on leads to a case that's been closed in which someone has been convicted of the crimes?
Toby seems to think the convicted guy didn't do it. And since the Scranton Strangler plot has been going for most of the series, they should probably have a better ending to it than just caught/convicted.
Old 01-29-13, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Dr. Mantle
Toby seems to think the convicted guy didn't do it. And since the Scranton Strangler plot has been going for most of the series, they should probably have a better ending to it than just caught/convicted.
I understand that this is probably what the OP meant when he posted, but I'm asking a real question. The police don't investigate closed cases.
Old 01-29-13, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I understand that this is probably what the OP meant when he posted, but I'm asking a real question. The police don't investigate closed cases.
People also get fired for not working.
Old 01-29-13, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,367 Likes on 929 Posts

they would investigate if new evidence came to light that proved the person who was convicted was wrongly convicted.
Old 01-29-13, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More on the Scranton Strangler, from The Office Boss on a Firing, the Scranton Strangler's Return and Series Finale Surprises

Spoiler:
Along the way to the one-hour series finale, Daniels said fans can also expect . . . a story line centered on the notorious Scranton Strangler. "Toby is going to go visit him in prison soon, so we will learn a little bit more about whether he was wrongly imprisoned or rightfully imprisoned, and it still remains to be seen whether there is a big reveal or not," Daniels said. "Creed's been pushing for some weird connection to this guy."
Spoiler:
Toby's gotta be the Strangler, yeah? Michael's baseless hatred for Toby was one of the best running gags on the show. How great would it be if, at the end, we find out that Michael was right about him all along.

Last edited by Matt; 01-29-13 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-30-13, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Goat3001
People also get fired for not working.
Old 01-30-13, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

Real police maybe would not investigate, but the fake police (Dwight) might. It would bring it full circle if Dwight somehow was responsible for catching the real strangler, even though he is not allowed to be a volunteer Sheriff anymore.
Old 02-01-13, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by MWB
More on the Scranton Strangler, from The Office Boss on a Firing, the Scranton Strangler's Return and Series Finale Surprises

Spoiler:
Along the way to the one-hour series finale, Daniels said fans can also expect . . . a story line centered on the notorious Scranton Strangler. "Toby is going to go visit him in prison soon, so we will learn a little bit more about whether he was wrongly imprisoned or rightfully imprisoned, and it still remains to be seen whether there is a big reveal or not," Daniels said. "Creed's been pushing for some weird connection to this guy."
Spoiler:
Toby's gotta be the Strangler, yeah? Michael's baseless hatred for Toby was one of the best running gags on the show. How great would it be if, at the end, we find out that Michael was right about him all along.
I said that in one of the other episode threads.

The Michael cameo should be simple. After it is revealed that Toby is the strangler Michael gets the final cameo with a simple, "I knew it."