Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Major Crimes (The Closer Spinoff) -- Series Discussion Thread -- (TNT)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Major Crimes (The Closer Spinoff) -- Series Discussion Thread -- (TNT)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-12, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Major Crimes (The Closer Spinoff) -- Season 1 Thread -- Mondays (TNT)

Love mean Julio as well. I was surprised the girl was alive and that everybody listening to that call believed her to be alive. I said 'that's a tape...make her answer a question'...apparently I watch too many police procedurals
Old 09-12-12, 10:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blairwitchfan
Good episode. I think there was more action in this one then the Closer ever had.
Actually, there was a few episodes of the Closer that had some bad ass action. The one with the sniper in the mall comes to mind. But, you're right. This episode had some good action and story. maybe I missed it, but why didn't anyone reprimand Sykes for blurting out about the kid being dead in front of his friend? And I think it's about time we have a Flynn and Provenza centric episode to see how Raydor will react to there antics One final note: RUSTY NEEDS TO GO ASAP
Old 09-12-12, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by pelenor
One final note: RUSTY NEEDS TO GO ASAP
I couldn't disagree with you more. His relationship with Raydor is the ONLY way to humanize her. Frankly, I find myself anxiously anticipating the final scenes of each episode with them talking. Come on... their dialogue this week with her handing him the folder?!?!

I am really enjoying this show. I have to admit I'm a little disappointed it is going to have such a short run its freshman "season"...
Old 09-12-12, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 144 Likes on 99 Posts

Oh mean Sanchez is awesome and I'm excited beyond belief that the writers finally made Sykes useful (even if her notification timing was horrible). Rusty is starting to grow on me a bit simply because he's starting to realize that he's not the center of the universe.
Old 09-12-12, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I like how assertive Provenza has become since Brenda left.
Old 09-19-12, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Damn. That was a pretty brutal beating on Sykes. Did not see that coming.
Old 09-19-12, 11:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Creo
Damn. That was a pretty brutal beating on Sykes. Did not see that coming.
Same here. But more Sanchez-fu. I wonder if the guy on probation knew about his 10 pm curfew?
Old 09-19-12, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yep. Sanchez did some rib tenderizing. Didn't know he was such a cook.

BTW, loved this:
Provenza: Look, this is one of the big differences between running internal affairs and working homicides. You send people into seriously difficult situations and they go because it's their job, and Sykes did that job today. Damn well.
Sharon: But lieutenant, what did I miss? I thought...it seemed like we had the situation covered.
Provenza: We're never covered. You have a partner, you have a gun, you have a camera, you have SIS, and a vest and dogs and patrol cars out the ass and people still get hurt. Sharon, there is no defense against bad luck. And we can't even take the time right now to properly consider Amy's misfortune because we have a murder to solve, which I'm sure is what Chief Taylor has come to remind us of.

AT first I thought this show was gonna coast by on the accolades and fans of The Closer. I hated Rusty and thought they followed the same old formula but they've really switched it up. Really like the everyone of the cast has had a chance to shine and not just an episode or two. As the season goes on you can see the ongoing character development. I'm so glad I stuck with this.
Old 09-27-12, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

http://www.deadline.com/2012/09/tnts...second-season/

Renewed for a 2nd season (15 episodes) It will air next summer.
Old 09-27-12, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sweet.
Old 10-17-12, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

I have to say I was happy with Season 1. I had some doubts about this show getting anywhere near the level of The Closer and really had fears about Rusty. But all in all, I thought they did a really solid job. I still prefer The Closer, but I like this show quite a bit as well and am looking forward to next year.
Old 06-10-13, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Major Crimes -- Season 2 -- Mondays (TNT)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

SEASON PREMIERE Major Crimes: "Final Cut" - Monday, June 10, at 9 p.m. (ET/PT)

The squad scrambles to garner a confession when the pregnant wife of a big-time film director is found murdered. Meanwhile, just as things seem to fall into place under Raydor's leadership, new Deputy D.A. Emma Rios (new cast member Nadine Velazquez) challenges Raydor's intentions as Rusty's guardian.

Directed by Roxann Dawson

Written by Leo Geter

Season 2 starts tonight. It's got a huge episode order 19 episodes. Like how TNT schedules most of their shows 10-12 will air this summer and the rest will air this winter.

Recording the Major Crimes marathon right now on TNT. Missed a few episodes from last season.
Old 06-12-13, 05:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Major Crimes -- Season 2 -- Mondays (TNT)

Solid premiere. I don't know if I like the new Deputy DA but I'm willing to give her a chance.
Old 06-12-13, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

They need to put the new Deputy DA on a trampoline ... solid premier, I am glad this is back.
Old 06-18-13, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BearFan
They need to put the new Deputy DA on a trampoline ...
My Name is Earl...

I am really invested in the Rusty storyline, but last night they said it could be at least a year and a half before that case goes to trial. While I realize that would be true in the real world, I fear dragging the tension that started with these letters last out across this and at least one more season is a little daunting. At the same time, the writing continues to be fantastic, the exchanges between Raydor and Rusty at the end of each episode also continues to be truly amazing and engaging - always leaving me anxious for the next episode.
Old 06-18-13, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

I thought that this show would not be very good without Kyra Sedgwick, but I was wrong. It is in many ways every bit as good as the original and Rayder is much more sympathetic and interesting in this than she was in The Closer.
Old 06-18-13, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm still not sold on the new DA but her reaction to the first body was just priceless. If you're not used to seeing dead bodies you probably would freak the hell out the first few times. I remember the first season of The Closer when Flynn and Taylor were thoroughly unlikeable and over time the writers made them into compelling characters. Hopefully the same will be true for Rios. I loved that Raydor knew asking Taylor about paying for the protective detail would immediately put the kibosh on the idea of Rusty being moved. Well played.

As for Rusty's storyline, there were time jumps on The Closer and I agree that this can't drag on too long. I bet it's wrapped up at the end of this season especially since they have 19 episodes to play with.
Old 06-19-13, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I watch this for the cast! Great ensemble, but I do miss Brenda and find it funny that such a character doesnt warrant a mention around their office. I'm starting to find the formula tiresome but I did feel the same way last year until the fantastic final episodes so I'll keep an open mind for now
Old 06-19-13, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Fritz made several appearances last season, but never acknowledged Brenda or what she was up to. I recall she took a job in the DAs office and you would think they would have some dealings with Major Crimes.
Old 06-19-13, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thats what I thought as well. Weird now that the Deputy DA Has been in the last two episodes and nary a mention of Brenda Lee.
Old 06-20-13, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Finally caught the first 2 episodes. Decent start. The new DDA kind of bugs me, but I did like her reactions at the crime scenes. at how Julio seems smitten with her.

It's amazing her Raydor was once a hard ass rival to Brenda and now the writers have made her so much more likable. The Rusty storyline has softened her up a bit.
Old 06-20-13, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, apparantly Rusty's storyline will be there for the remainder of this show.
Old 06-25-13, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk God

The good thing about tonight's episode. No DDA. She was annoying as hell in the 1st 2 episodes.

at how that writer was so smitten with Sykes. And I liked Rusty's little throwaway line asking about the boyfriend.

Case of the week was really interesting. Elizabeth Pena was really good as the villain. She was pretty menacing during the interrogation. I liked how she just freaked out when they were sending her back to Mexico.
Old 06-25-13, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It was nice to see Elizabeth Pena, I hadn't seen her in anything in quite some time. She really is in the running for mother of the year though, yikes. The DDA's absence did improve the episode but I'm still willing to give her a chance when she returns.
Old 06-27-13, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by lisadoris
It was nice to see Elizabeth Pena, I hadn't seen her in anything in quite some time. She really is in the running for mother of the year though, yikes. The DDA's absence did improve the episode but I'm still willing to give her a chance when she returns.
The problem with Pena and this plagues all procedurals is that since she is so well known you knew she wasn't just a throw away character so it sort of spoiled any of the surprises.

I read recently that Kyra Sedgwick was going to be a guest on the show. Not sure which episode.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.